Left Livingston last week at half time with my son
Was behind the goals and Union Bears decided to take over
Spilled our drinks with no apology
No view of the match with the constant waving of flags
No care for squashing you in as they take over
No care for people as the let smoke bombs off

Worst experience I’ve had at a match

This elitist attitude amongst them that they are the Rangers support

Nope, your kidding yourself that everyone agrees we should keep on the same old path with the old songs & language, folk just put up with it / can’t wait til those songs end , especially when you see folk with kids / next generation, having to answer questions of the subjects that get mentioned

Rangers was created by 4 young guys for the love of football , not to defend the union / Protestant faith , just people bringing their own politics into it.
Makes no sense considering the number of people who attend church in modern age / secular support
Excellent post. I love the Union bears but their downfall is trying to “match” the groin brigade by singing about Irish troubles and Bobby sands being dead(we know). Tiresome turgid stuff. The vast majority of our support don’t give a Fck about Bobby sands, building gallows or religious nutcases in general.

The leaflet produced today for all patrons for BF 1 was funny.

Apparently everyone has to dress the same and isn't allowed to film anything or take pictures on their phone haha!

They do so much good at Ibrox but lose goodwill with nonsense like this.

Your joking ahahaha?

Bring back wee Ross!

BF1 is pretty much their section so letting those in it what they would want to see.

They get targeted constantly so can understand why they dont want camera in the section recording people.

You missed out asking people to back the team for 90 minutes though. Not fit in with the moan?
They generally do a lot of good and are a worthwhile part of the sport
But they need to play smart a little at times the jump on celtic heads chant is irritating have the time all you hear is celtic would rather not at a home game

Sorry boss you keep videoing everything like a tourist

Haha! Ironically I don't film much (if anything). I very much believe in living in the moment and not experiencing it through a 4" screen. I just don't believe any rangers fans should tell others what they can and can't do inside Ibrox.

Excellent post. I love the Union bears but their downfall is trying to “match” the groin brigade by singing about Irish troubles and Bobby sands being dead(we know). Tiresome turgid stuff. The vast majority of our support don’t give a Fck about Bobby sands, building gallows or religious nutcases in general.
Aye agreed - first home game of the season and literally 2 mins after kick off they start with the we're coming UVF garbage. Just sing more Rangers songs (and don't give me this crap about how they are our "culture" and that they are "part of our club" :rolleyes:)

The wider Rangers support were singing about Bobby sands being deed well before the ub were formed..did u enjoy your wee auob march in town before the game

Aye agreed - first home game of the season and literally 2 mins after kick off they start with the we're coming UVF garbage. Just sing more Rangers songs (and don't give me this crap about how they are our "culture" and that they are "part of our club" :rolleyes:)
Why don't you start songs then

Most of them probably weren’t even born before the good Friday agreement. Embarrassing stuff.

No one will tell me not to record or take pictures of something at Ibrox if I choose to do so and no one should try to stop me doing so.
Nobody is going to tell you not to take a photo are they?

I think the point is to be careful what your recording, folk don't want their faces all over the Internet.

Shut up please ,your constant attacks on Rangers fans at every point is embarrassing..
I don’t attack any Rangers fans. 100,000 in Seville not a single arrest. Best fans in the world.

However wee guys or grown men singing about Bobby sands and the IRA at any of our games including today is just a cringe fest.

Like it or lump it, loyalist songs are, were and always will be part of our fabric. If you dont like it , maybe look for something else, because its not changing anytime soon.

Dont just bash one section of fans for singing it then?
I’m not. I said wee guys or grown men. I’ve known guys married to Catholics who wouldn’t dare say a word about popes or Irish troubles then go to games and all of a sudden they think they are Johnny Adair.

As I say embarrassed for them more than anything. Just a shame we still need to hear it.

Haha! Ironically I don't film much (if anything). I very much believe in living in the moment and not experiencing it through a 4" screen. I just don't believe any rangers fans should tell others what they can and can't do inside Ibrox.
Its ridiculous people filming everything. If the UB lads are getting hassle from the cops all they are asking is dont film them. You seemed quite annoyed at that

Like it or lump it, loyalist songs are, were and always will be part of our fabric. If you dont like it , maybe look for something else, because its not changing anytime soon.
If you don’t like it then f*ck off? Just because he has a different opinion to you? That’s a bit extreme no?

He’s allowed to have an opinion as are you. He’s also very entitled to think that loyalist songs and it’s culture have no place at our football club. I agree with him and I know there are thousands of others that do.

We are a football club. Our songs should be about our history and our players, not about politics in a different country and singing about dead terrorists being dead and other terrorists being terrorists.

If people want to have an interest in it, support the causes or whatever else then they are perfectly entitled to do so but it is nothing to do with our football club so keep it away from our football club

Left Livingston last week at half time with my son
Was behind the goals and Union Bears decided to take over
Spilled our drinks with no apology
No view of the match with the constant waving of flags
No care for squashing you in as they take over
No care for people as the let smoke bombs off

Worst experience I’ve had at a match

This elitist attitude amongst them that they are the Rangers support
I’ll call bullshit on this, you could have went anywhere in the stadium last week and you decided to go home?

At away games most people don’t go to their allocated seats and it’s a free for all!

If you don’t like it then f*ck off? Just because he has a different opinion to you? That’s a bit extreme no?

He’s allowed to have an opinion as are you. He’s also very entitled to think that loyalist songs and it’s culture have no place at our football club. I agree with him and I know there are thousands of others that do.

We are a football club. Our songs should be about our history and our players, not about politics in a different country and singing about dead terrorists being dead and other terrorists being terrorists.

If people want to have an interest in it, support the causes or whatever else then they are perfectly entitled to do so but it is nothing to do with our football club so keep it away from our football club
Well said sir.

Show me where I said if you don't like it f&&& off. I ventured the opinion that it's not going to change. In this case you have options.

Don't know, wasn't there, but I have been going to Ibrox since mid to late 60's and can assure you orange/loyalist songs were being sung then.
You said it’s been part of our clubs fabric for our entire history. I quote “always were, are and always will be part of our history” .

Now you’ve just changed that to from the 1960s onwards:rolleyes:

You do realise there’s a difference between an orange song and singing about Bobby Sands and fighting the IRA with rifles and pistols in hand.

With all the good the UBs do the nonsense mentioned in this thread ruins it.

A polite request about a flag obstructing the view of fellow fans is responded with nonsense suggesting that we shouldn't have an atmosphere. Can't remember the last time I seen flags joining in with the singing.

As for the leaflet, I get the no recording but telling people how to dress? Why?

As for the leaflet, I get the no recording but telling people how to dress? Why?

Lets say someone sings or says something they shouldn’t, if everyone is dressed the same (same colours btw, not the exact same outfit obviously) then they are much harder to spot whereas if everyone around you in in dark clothes and you’re there on an Orange top then you are very easy to spot and you become a focus point as you are different to everyone around you

My thing is the drum ruins most songs.

The best football songs, particularly ours, have a fantastic ebb and sway thing going on, which is the opposite of a constant rhythm.

Get the drum to f*ck and everyone sings the songs like they're meant to be sung.

Follow Follow, Every Other Saturday, Hello Hello - no set time.

I like the UBs though.

My thing is the drum ruins most songs.

The best football songs, particularly ours, have a fantastic ebb and sway thing going on, which is the opposite of a constant rhythm.

Get the drum to f*ck and everyone sings the songs like they're meant to be sung.

Follow Follow, Every Other Saturday, Hello Hello - no set time.

I like the UBs though.
I would wholeheartedly disagree on this one

The reason being is for whatever reason we as a support seem to want to sign every single song as quickly as possible so we end up belting out songs at about 200bpm

The drum dictates the pace of the song and keeps everyone on time (in theory)

Lets say someone sings or says something they shouldn’t, if everyone is dressed the same (same colours btw, not the exact same outfit obviously) then they are much harder to spot whereas if everyone around you in in dark clothes and you’re there on an Orange top then you are very easy to spot and you become a focus point as you are different to everyone around you
Still think it's a bit weird. We all like to slag the GB off when they all going about in that horrible Khaki jackets.

They'll never be perfect or to everyone's taste but the notion they are trying to be like that mob's group is mental.

They have flew that flag for yrs yet you have just came on today to moan about it .
They have flown flags for years yes. Only in the last few games has it started to cover the goals though so its definitely moved position or is getting held up a lot more. And it’s not a moan it’s just something to make them aware they are blocking other fans views as I’m quite high up the stand so must be worse for fans in the lower rows.

This should apply to everyday life as well.

Violating peoples privacy by filming them out in public then posting it and sending it on. Vile behaviour that seems to have become socially acceptable.
Jesus brother 100% agree. People doing it on trains etc, genuinely wtf is wrong with people? Social media has brought some amazing benefits but also some absolute poison!

They'll never be perfect or to everyone's taste but the notion they are trying to be like that mob's group is mental.
I like them. They bring so much to the stadium.

My wee boy also loves them.

My issue is simple- trying to constantly sing about Bobby Sands, the IRA and building gallows is pointless and gives the perception they are somehow trying to counter the groin brigade in their plastic paddy/political clusterfck.

It’s not an uncommon observation among most of our fans. Leave that shite to that mob and sing our songs loud and proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back