Friendly request for the UB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gio 8

Hoping this thread doesn’t get derailed with nonsense but just to ask/suggest to the UB not to raise the massive flag at the front of the Broomloan when there is an attack.

I’ve sat in SW5 for 17 years now and the end of last season and today it was effectively a restricted view seat with the flag just hanging in midair when we are crossing the ball in to the box totally covering the goal at that end.

Not a bashing thread, just to raise awareness that the most important part of the pitch is being blocked off for a couple of hundred fellow fans.

The leaflet produced today for all patrons for BF 1 was funny.

Apparently everyone has to dress the same and isn't allowed to film anything or take pictures on their phone haha!

They do so much good at Ibrox but lose goodwill with nonsense like this.
Not sure what’s wrong with that?

No one wants their face all over social media due to weirdos that can’t do anything without having to record it

Apparently everyone has to dress the same and isn't allowed to film anything or take pictures on their phone haha!

Sometimes wonder if they think they are more important than anyone else.
A bit like a certain other fan group we all like to take the piss out of.
Shame because they do a lot of good.

BF1 is pretty much their section so letting those in it what they would want to see.

They get targeted constantly so can understand why they dont want camera in the section recording people.

You missed out asking people to back the team for 90 minutes though. Not fit in with the moan?

BF1 is pretty much their section so letting those in it what they would want to see.

They get targeted constantly so can understand why they dont want camera in the section recording people.

You missed out asking people to back the team for 90 minutes though. Not fit in with the moan?

I have no issue with them asking folks to back the team for 90 minutes.

BF 1 isn't 'their section' it's an area of the ground, the same as every other, that fans can buy tickets for. No fans have the right to dictate the dress code or mobile phone use policies in any area of the ground.

I enjoy the UBs but I didn't agree with what they are trying to achieve with the leaflet.

I have no issue with them asking folks to back the team for 90 minutes.

BF 1 isn't 'their section' it's an area of the ground, the same as every other, that fans can buy tickets for. No fans have the right to dictate the dress code or mobile phone use policies in any area of the ground.

I enjoy the UBs but I didn't agree with what they are trying to achieve with the leaflet.
Its their section whether you like it or not.

The club agree too as season ticket transfers in are sorted by the group and enacted by the ticket office.

No one will tell me not to record or take pictures of something at Ibrox if I choose to do so and no one should try to stop me doing so.
But they only ask that within their section and it’s obvious why

It sounds like you’re spoiling for a moan for the sake of it and I dare say you’d do nothing if they told you to get the phone away if you were in their section

Hoping this thread doesn’t get derailed with nonsense but just to ask/suggest to the UB not to raise the massive flag at the front of the Broomloan when there is an attack.

I’ve sat in SW5 for 17 years now and the end of last season and today it was effectively a restricted view seat with the flag just hanging in midair when we are crossing the ball in to the box totally covering the goal at that end.

Not a bashing thread, just to raise awareness that the most important part of the pitch is being blocked off for a couple of hundred fellow fans.
They have flew that flag for yrs yet you have just came on today to moan about it .

It sounds like you’re spoiling for a moan for the sake of it and I dare say you’d do nothing if they told you to get the phone away if you were in their section

Nope, they gave the leaflets to those outwith the UB section of BF1. I don't believe any bears or group of bears should be telling people to use phones or not in their section.

I don't sit in BF1 but I'd be using my phone if I wanted to regardless of anyone asked me not to.

The UB do an amazing job, do wish they’d stop with that massive flag at away games it’s a pain in the hole if stuck near it.

Build my Gallows and coming down the road are phenomenal tunes that are intrinsically linked with the culture of our support. Incredible Rangers tunes with a mix of cultural ballads is a fantastic blend welcomed by 99% of normal Rangers supporters.

The introduction of Spirit of the Red Hand at our games is OUTSTANDING!

NTAR.

No one will tell me not to record or take pictures of something at Ibrox if I choose to do so and no one should try to stop me doing so.
Why would you want to take a picture or record something on your phone while the game is going on right in front of you?

Also for the dress code, it is a normal thing for Ultras to look the same for a number of reasons.

Also, as others have said already! Whether you like it or not, it’s their section. If you don’t like the rules you can always move elsewhere

You’re being a bit precious over something that really isn’t a big deal at all

Ask yourself just how many times have we shot ourselves in the foot by plastering stuff you really shouldnt on social media?

Lessons to me learned

Nope, they gave the leaflets to those outwith the UB section of BF1. I don't believe any bears or group of bears should be telling people to use phones or not in their section.

I don't sit in BF1 but I'd be using my phone if I wanted to regardless of anyone asked me not to.
If they are saying you can’t use your phone ie text your mates/check the scores etc then they are off their head.

If it’s about filming then that’s 100% correct.

Filming other Rangers supporters at games is utter arsehole behaviour and anyone doing so should be chased out our support.

Why would you want to take a picture or record something on your phone while the game is going on right in front of you?

Also for the dress code, it is a normal thing for Ultras to look the same for a number of reasons.

Also, as others have said already! Whether you like it or not, it’s their section. If you don’t like the rules you can always move elsewhere

You’re being a bit precious over something that really isn’t a big deal at all
People wanting to film other folk and post them on social media is Scumbag behaviour and anyone doing so should be identified and removed from our support.

No show without pyro mate , I’m sure it would make a great display :))

Only joking before knickers get twisted

make sense not to film the UB, are people new to the fitbaw in the country?

I will never understand flying a big flag to block your view of the game though, that I can’t get my head around

I had a season ticket many years ago in that section so I have a fair bit of respect for folk who sit there as the views aren’t great at all. So I agree with op if this is further restricting the view.

“If they told you.”

That sums it up doesn’t it.

Plenty of fans situated in the West Enclosure corner shout over about the big flag at the front at every home game. It would make sense to put it down when we have a corner or goalscoring opportunity, but more often than not the flag remains up. That changes in the second half when tiredness seems to set in. We had a clear view of Killie’s two late corners.

You have to admire the lad’s enthusiasm, but putting the flag down briefly when we’re attacking would keep everyone happy.

The UB do an amazing job, do wish they’d stop with that massive flag at away games it’s a pain in the hole if stuck near it.

Build my Gallows and coming down the road are phenomenal tunes that are intrinsically linked with the culture of our support. Incredible Rangers tunes with a mix of cultural ballads is a fantastic blend welcomed by 99% of normal Rangers supporters.

The introduction of Spirit of the Red Hand at our games is OUTSTANDING!

NTAR.
Nope, your kidding yourself that everyone agrees we should keep on the same old path with the old songs & language, folk just put up with it / can’t wait til those songs end , especially when you see folk with kids / next generation, having to answer questions of the subjects that get mentioned

Rangers was created by 4 young guys for the love of football , not to defend the union / Protestant faith , just people bringing their own politics into it.
Makes no sense considering the number of people who attend church in modern age / secular support

If they are saying you can’t use your phone ie text your mates/check the scores etc then they are off their head.

If it’s about filming then that’s 100% correct.

Filming other Rangers supporters at games is utter arsehole behaviour and anyone doing so should be chased out our support.
Its filming

Is there an actual picture of this leaflet? Find it hard to believe

Sit in the CD and did notice that the front of their section seemed quite densely populated, I know they all stand but it didn’t appear as though lots had abandoned a seat to be among them.
Bizarre

Nope, your kidding yourself that everyone agrees we should keep on the same old path with the old songs & language, folk just put up with it / can’t wait til those songs end , especially when you see folk with kids / next generation, having to answer questions of the subjects that get mentioned

Rangers was created by 4 young guys for the love of football , not to defend the union / Protestant faith , just people bringing their own politics into it.
Makes no sense considering the number of people who attend church in modern age / secular support
Aye took my boy today. He sings along to the majority of songs then was quiet at some as obviously doesn’t know or understand them. I get some songs will always be sung but don’t exactly want to have to explain who Bobby sands and the IRA are.

People wanting to film other folk and post them on social media is Scumbag behaviour and anyone doing so should be identified and removed from our support.
This should apply to everyday life as well.

Violating peoples privacy by filming them out in public then posting it and sending it on. Vile behaviour that seems to have become socially acceptable.

Out of curiosity today we were walking through St Enoch Square approx 11.30 and there was a young team mainly in black with Rangers gear was this the UBS? about fifty of a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back