Friendly v Hamilton Today - Updates and Info in here

Assuming it will be Defoe up front. I'm hoping Gerrard will use this to change the way we set up to get the best out of Defoe so when we need to use him in real games we're adaptable to get better results using him.

Assuming it will be Defoe up front. I'm hoping Gerrard will use this to change the way we set up to get the best out of Defoe so when we need to use him in real games we're adaptable to get better results using him.
This is my real concern (not a friendly result or performance)
We don't really have anything different at all since we stopped in March. I'm not sure we've actually changed at all or that gerrard will move enough to adapt. I fell we need some transfer movement before August

We don't really have anything different at all since we stopped in March. I'm not sure we've actually changed at all or that gerrard will move enough to adapt. I fell we need some transfer movement before August

We have virtually zilch of a difference since we stopped in March.

If the situation remains more or less the same come August I think we are in for a long season.

The whole world has stopped since March, not just us. We'll definitely be bringing in some players.

We've signed 3 players so far not bad considering leagues are still being played to a finish and european competition about to start again to finish them off. I suspect we may have seen more movement both ways were it not for the Leverkusen game so until we are officially out of europe I don't see much more business being done as we've already lost 6 players that were registered in our squad for the game. You can't add new signings to the squad either so everyone left in the competition is in the same boat as us.

We've signed 3 players so far not bad considering leagues are still being played to a finish and european competition about to start again to finish them off. I suspect we may have seen more movement both ways were it not for the Leverkusen game so until we are officially out of europe I don't see much more business being done as we've already lost 6 players that were registered in our squad for the game. You can't add new signings to the squad either so everyone left in the competition is in the same boat as us.
As others have alluded to, its a unique situation. We won't miss anyone we've released but I really hope we've got a few still to come. That or an ability for the management team to mix it up when required domestically. Europe doesn't bother me overly much as we suit the style but we need domestic success then dominance

As others have alluded to, its a unique situation. We won't miss anyone we've released but I really hope we've got a few still to come. That or an ability for the management team to mix it up when required domestically. Europe doesn't bother me overly much as we suit the style but we need domestic success then dominance

Yeah as I said I am sure we will see more movement in the squad after the Leverkusen game in both directions.

Latest posts

Back