Friendly v Hamilton Today - Updates and Info in here

WAsn't about the result, was about getting the players much needed game time. Also glad El Buffalo got on the scoresheet. Hopefully he comes back hungry and eager. The friendlies next week will also be key to our preparations for the coming season.

We just need to be careful with that. Sitting around not playing first team football as our 4th choice might not see the likes of Mayo, Mebude, Kennedy or others reach their potential.

It's a difficult thing to get right at a club of our size.
Yeh get that mate but in the current situation I don’t think there is a better chance to give the lads a go.

Should be giving Mayo a chance. We have Goldson, Edmundson & Helender for CB. That should be plenty in the current situation

We need at least 4 first-team centre-backs in case we get a couple injured/suspended. Not sure whether the youngsters will be ready for it but at least the management have had a look at young Bassey today.

We have virtually zilch of a difference since we stopped in March.

If the situation remains more or less the same come August I think we are in for a long season.
I get your concern, however most leagues are still finishing or have just finished their seasons. They will all be assessing their situations. We will likely see more movement once the bigger leagues start spending money.

Just a friendly but pleased we got the win, want us to get back to winning habits regardless of how meaningless the game is.

Morelos scoring in his first game back can only be good for his confidence

Morelos has only missed one in his career, it might have been an incredibly important one but he took them for HJK too.

Tav might be mentally scarred after missing so many last season
He's taken 5 missed 2. I like a striker hitting pens though. I think Tav having missed a penalty against celtic (Did not cost us) and a few last season won't want them, like you said.

Don’t read to much into the results of friendlys. We had excellent pre season results last year and didn’t come to much . Always nice to get the win I guess but main thing is getting fitness up

Back