Frightening amount of player still to exit

Robert California

Assuming the deals for Aribo & Ojo go through, we expecting a first choice left back, 2 x centre backs and another front man in?

If we then perhaps expect Greg Docherty, Hastie, Middleton & Ross McCrorie to go out on loan, I reckon we could still have to get the following payers out the door, which is quite a task.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera

Assuming the deals for Aribo & Ojo go through, we expecting a first choice left back, 2 x centre backs and another front man in?

If we then perhaps expect Greg Docherty, Hastie, Middleton & Ross McCrorie to go out on loan, I reckon we could still have to get the following payers out the door, which is quite a task.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera
Candeias & Murphy won’t be going anywhere.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera

Murphys going nowhere but you can add Morelos to that list so it’ll be 2 front men we need.

Why are people saying Hastie is going out on loan?

Some will be sold(if possible), some will go out on loan, and some may be frozen out or paid off. I expect a substantial number will be loaned out.

We spent what two years putting up with Rossiter’s injuries because we could see he was a good player when he played. Now he’s actually went away and got some games under his belt while on loan, came back with no injuries but now he’s to go out the door? Where is the logic in that?

We've currently got a squad of 34 senior players with maybe 6/7 more players to come in. I'd say we need at least 12 players to leave which could include the following:

Barisic
Holt
Rossiter
Dorrans
Grezda
Dodoo
Herrera
Hardie
Lafferty

+ loaning out the likes of Hastie, Middleton, etc.

We spent what two years putting up with Rossiter’s injuries because we could see he was a good player when he played. Now he’s actually went away and got some games under his belt while on loan, came back with no injuries but now he’s to go out the door? Where is the logic in that?

Because for whatever reason, he has never managed four games in a row in a Rangers shirt over three season's and appears unable to cope with the demands of being a Rangers player

IMO, the manager will give Rossiter another crack at the whip and see how it goes.

One player SG is not likely to give up on is Jordan Rossiter. He'll be massively wanting him to deliver in this Rangers team.

I'd love nothing more than to see him flourish, as he looks like he could be terrific, but 3-years of constant injuries give me no confidence, sadly

I think these are the players that’ll leave us this window either by loan or permanent

Foderingham
Alnwick
Dorrans
Lafferty
Barisic
Morelos
Grezda
Holt
Dodoo
Herrera
Rossiter
Hardie
Middleton (Loan)
With potentially another couple youngsters going out loan

Most of the players here should be very shiftable

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera
I think Barisic,Candieas & Murphy will stay.The rest will hopefully be moved on.

I'd love nothing more than to see him flourish, as he looks like he could be terrific, but 3-years of constant injuries give me no confidence, sadly
After a good season last season with a good run of injury-free games I feel he will be given every opportunity by SG to stake his claim.

Clean slate in pre-season and it's up to every player to show their worth to the manager. I'm quietly confident Rossiter has what it takes.

I would imagine it causes a day-to-day logistical problem too, until these guys are moved on, having to split groups in training etc, and someone has to spend all day liaising with clubs and agents to get things moving.

Thoughts?

Foderingham or Alnwick
Firth
Barisic
Dorrans
Holt
Rossiter
Candeias
Murphy
Grezda
Hardie
Dodoo
Lafferty
Herrera
Those in bold will be quickly sold if/when appropriate bids for them are made.

As for the rest, places in the squad are up for grabs from day one. I’d imagine that by the end of July some may leave on loan/permanent depending on how well they perform in the next few weeks.

Only really Barisic and Grezda have longer term deals. Everyone else that needs cleared out (some may disagree on Barisic) only have 1 year deals now so shouldn't be too hard to achieve the clear out needed.

2cery3r.jpg

We never "put up" with his injuries.
He was a young lad under contract.
Now hes fit we have options with him, whether that's offloading him or playing him.

I reckon at least one will, assuming we get Kent back on loan

This is a point I find myself being something of a lone voice on here banging on about: why would we still be pursuing Kent on loan when we’ve just added Ojo to the seven existing wide players we have on the books?

Middleton has gone on loan and Hastie may join him which would then reduce the number to six, and while we might like to sell Grezda, what if he doesn’t fancy budging?

I don't really see where Kent fits in now in terms of structure, available resources and remaining priorities.

Back