Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Frimpong goes for £11m we should be looking at £30m for Kamara and £20m for Borna
we'll be keeping a close eye on any transfer fee I'd imagine

I'm not quite sure how they manage it to be fair, I can look at it objectively and say that there are players in their squad who are valuable. Ajer, as much of a cunt as he is, will be one that I think could fetch a good wedge. They'd get a good bung for Edouard as well (less so within last year of his contract). But Frimpong just runs around a fair bit and has a lot of energy.

Must be all those top class displays on the Champions League stage which has done it for him. Oh wait....

Whomever is after him must think they can coach a final ball into him. He'd be a decent player if he had that. How many assists does he have?

How do those jammy mentally challenged bastards manage it?

Humped silly in a two team league, a no mark player who's had a shite season in a shite team, has one assist all season, for an attacking full back it's truly deplorable.

Hell mend ye Leverkusen.

I'll bet that both our full backs have had more assists in the last month than Frimpong has had all season.
No doubt. The guy offers little in the last third. He is young though. I'd rather have Patterson who on the bits we've seen looks very good in the last third.

I'v only watched him for 90 a couple of times and I don't think iv seen him hit a bye line and deliver.

Fairly quick but bang average.

So 20 pages on an ordinary fullback who got sold for a few million.

Jesus Christ.

They’ve done not too bad over the years in getting money for players. I don’t know what Frimpong as done to warrant that sort of money?

How do those jammy mentally challenged bastards manage it?

Humped silly in a two team league, a no mark player who's had a shite season in a shite team, has one assist all season, for an attacking full back it's truly deplorable.

Hell mend ye Leverkusen.
End of the day, they'll replace him with someone even worse.

It's quite the turnaround that they have to sell while we have kept our entire squad intact.

He gets into some promising positions then seems to turn back every time. I can't recall one creative pass.

The term 'robust' seems rather odd terminology for a transfer bid.

I'm wondering if the structure of the fee with a lot of 'add-ons' suits both clubs.

Leverkusen see it as buying a young player with potential, who won't cost them too much if he's a failure, whilst Celtc are gambling that if he is a success, they will have to pay less out to Man City.

It will depend on the legal mumbo-jumbo, but if the sell-on clause with Man City is a basic '30% of the profit on any future transfer fee', then that is unlikely to include add-ons, which are technically performance related and aren't part of the transfer fee.

ie. Basic Transfer Fee - £2m (of which they would deduct the original £300k fee, then pay Man City £510k - 30% of the balance).

Performance Related Bonuses:
Leverkusen will pay Celtc £2m for every 50 first team games that he plays, up to a maximum of £8m.

That to me, would make a lot more sense than Leverkusen paying £10m upfront for a whippet with no pedigree whatsoever.

I'm wondering if the structure of the fee with a lot of 'add-ons' suits both clubs.

Leverkusen see it as buying a young player with potential, who won't cost them too much if he's a failure, whilst Celtc are gambling that if he is a success, they will have to pay less out to Man City.

It will depend on the legal mumbo-jumbo, but if the sell-on clause with Man City is a basic '30% of the profit on any future transfer fee', then that is unlikely to include add-ons, which are technically performance related and aren't part of the transfer fee.

ie. Basic Transfer Fee - £2m (of which they would deduct the original £300k fee, then pay Man City £510k - 30% of the balance).

Performance Related Bonuses:
Leverkusen will pay Celtc £2m for every 50 first team games that he plays, up to a maximum of £8m.

That to me, would make a lot more sense than Leverkusen paying £10m upfront for a whippet with no pedigree whatsoever.
Future fees are paid pro rata to the club with the sell on fee.

Has anyone confirmed 10m plus other than Lennon and his interviewing friend Alison Conroy?

Stinks to high heavens, mostly based on the guy looking like he had no idea how to play football.

A player with all the pace in the world and no end product. Disappointed he’s leaving tbh! However, theres not a chance they will be getting anything near the money that’s being mentioned. Theyll have tried to leak these amounts to appease their raging scumbag fans.

Has anyone confirmed 10m plus other than Lennon and his interviewing friend Alison Conroy?

Stinks to high heavens, mostly based on the guy looking like he had no idea how to play football.

Talk of a lot of add ons, depending on appearances and performances.

It's something like €3 million they get before any add ons.

Man City are due €2.9 million in the very unlikely event that he reaches the targets.
There's probably a better chance of him never playing a game for their 1st team.

Definitely looks like a panic sale to start balancing the books quick.
No big speculation for months to attract bidders, apparently he wanted away, looks like he was told to go get a club quick and we’ll get a few ££ in pronto.

And he won’t be the only 1 out the door this month.

18 pages on a guy that's played about 40 games for them o_O

Pages and pages of people talking about him like he’s Anton Rogan when he’s clearly a decent player with lots of scope for improvement at 20 years old. Clubs don’t really pay anything close to that sort of money for “terrible/rotten/dreadful” SPL players.

No world beater but certainly not the diddy he’s made out to be either.

Don’t believe that fee. It will be a reasonable down payment with all sorts of add-ons based upon club and individual achievements such as
: number of games played,
: winning Bundeslig title,
: qualification for Champions League or Europa League,
: winning Champions League or Europa League.
Much of that might be fantasy but it makes good reading.

Pages and pages of people talking about him like he’s Anton Rogan when he’s clearly a decent player with lots of scope for improvement at 20 years old. Clubs don’t really pay anything close to that sort of money for “terrible/rotten/dreadful” SPL players.

What sort of money? Nobody outside those involved in the deal actually know about the financials.

Na, you’re wrong, he’s a Diddy

What’s going on?! About 6 of the threads on first page are about them, get it in the sea, couldn’t care less

Talk of a lot of add ons, depending on appearances and performances.

It's something like €3 million they get before any add ons.

Man City are due €2.9 million in the very unlikely event that he reaches the targets.
There's probably a better chance of him never playing a game for their 1st team.
Where have you got that info?

Quite illuminating that both buying and selling clubs are refusing to give any details over price, contract etc.
This either means that Bayer think they got shafted or else the papes think they got shafted as well.

Can’t cross or head the ball - which is a bit of an issue. The only players I’ve seen who is worse at tackling is Mikey johnston. A bit of an issue for a defender. Added to this - he appears to be a wanker.
No one is paying anything more than 1.5m for him and even that’s a push.

Sorry mate but there are many different views on him for a reason.

I saw him live in the league cup final and I thought he looked a boy playing man's football and not ready. Said as much at the time. Felt he was caught up the park a lot and always played safe when he got it. He was eventually sent off for being completely wrong side of Morelos and panicing.

I thought he may get better. If anything he has looked even worse in the old firm games since admittedly watching them on the tele.

I genuinely think he is rotten with very limited potential. Once his speed dips around 25 then he will be in trouble.

He isn't Anton Rogan either but you're allowed to make a genuine assessment of him being not very good.

Definitely looks like a panic sale to start balancing the books quick.
No big speculation for months to attract bidders, apparently he wanted away, looks like he was told to go get a club quick and we’ll get a few ££ in pronto.

And he won’t be the only 1 out the door this month.
Yup, a hint of the forced sale about it that we used to go through in winter windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back