Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen SSN there, fee reported to be upwards of 10m. Fkn fall in the clyde and come up with a salmon in their mouth that mob. Playing for a team 2nd in, lets face it, a poor quality league apart from us and miles behind. Boy has been indifferent all season, no end product. Can’t fkn believe they got that for him. Same as that German mob that spunked 15m on that Oliver Burke a few seasons ago. Fools and their money.
West Brom then bought him for £12m :))

Of all the players they’ve sold for top money in the last decade, the oldest has been Van Dijk who was only 24 at the time.

Wanyama, Tierney, Dembele, Frimpong and Edouard (when he goes) will all be 20-23.

We’ve been unfortunate in that we’ve been badly needing to get a league win under our belts so haven’t quite been able to bring 1-2 young players a season into an already successful side the way they have.

Next season we should definitely be looking at a strategy for bringing in younger players that we can make big money on.
I've been thinking this Nmecha is out of contract in the summer at city and is a good Morelos replacement he's only 21 Balogun that plays for Arsenal is another one who's even younger need to snap some of these Lads up ( looks like we might do it with Ofoborh to be fair)

Here is the truth:

No one knows the fee outside the clubs. All newspaper reports are conjecture.

There must be a reason for the clubs being unwilling to reveal the fee. One of the clubs is not happy for the fee to be divulged to the general public.

Why?
Clubs generally don’t officially reveal the fee for a few reasons.

1) If they sell him cheap, their fans will be less likely to riot.
2) If they sell a player cheap, other clubs will have a sense of how much they need the money & can low ball for others.
3) If they oversell then other clubs say “you got X for Y, so we want Z for our player”.

The media tend to get ‘drip fed’ the fee though, so for example sky are reporting this deal could be up to €10m. Which I’d be inclined to believe.

We are in denial if we don’t think they are getting 10million. All media are reporting it.

Crazy money and like i said, it is something that we need to get better at.
Rafa was also taking over last week

Although he’s pish now I think he could be a decent player if coached so maybe good he’s away
But surely you buy on the evidence of the pish he is in the present day.

It's up to you to coach him and bring him on, not the other way about.

WTF is happening to this website?

Rangers fans wanting to see crap at the scum hut get better and go for a good price?

My bam is boozled.

Its a lot of money for a kid who is nowhere near the finished article, he has potential to be a very good player though, and that sort of money to a lot of teams in the top leagues is nothing, lets hope Celtic do their usual pocketing of big fees

Honestly mate, other than being the least offensive Celtic player, I can remember, I'm genuinely not sure what folk see in this lad? Defensively his Positional sense is questionable, to say the least and he isnt great in the tackle. Fair enough, modern day full backs are more about going forward but, does he really offer much in that sense? He has pace but I can't remember him trying to go past a man and his crossing is woeful. If I'm being objective, he can be useful against 'smaller' teams as they will be scared of his pace and sit in a bit on that side. The fact he hugs the touchline most of the game, will create a bit of space for guys playing more centrally or a left side player drifting inside from there. Once you realise he wont do much other than run up and down the line, it's easy solved imo. Essentially, any half decent full back with a bit of pace will deal with him, without too much fuss. Barasic has barely broken sweat when he's been up against him.

If this fee is anywhere close to be being true, it really bodes well for guys like Patterson. That to me us REAL potential. Obviously he is still raw but he is already displaying attributes that fullback should be. I genuinely wouldn't have Frimpong as back up over him. Other than being a Tim, the guy just doesnt look like he will develop into anything more than he is. Which is below average.

Scum will sell anything they can make a profit on. Not sure of Frimpong's worth in the current market but rest assured the lap-dog media will have an astronomical number thrown in that includes his salary for the full term of the contract or the portion of his existing one that they do not have to pay. It will likely include other potential pay out clauses however remote the probability of success.

The key words will be "in a deal worth up to."

If we had any journalists worth their salt (lol) the question should be - how much will Celtic net out of this deal? We do have to admit the click bait pish headline has had it's effect

Of all the players they’ve sold for top money in the last decade, the oldest has been Van Dijk who was only 24 at the time.

Wanyama, Tierney, Dembele, Frimpong and Edouard (when he goes) will all be 20-23.

We’ve been unfortunate in that we’ve been badly needing to get a league win under our belts so haven’t quite been able to bring 1-2 young players a season into an already successful side the way they have.

Next season we should definitely be looking at a strategy for bringing in younger players that we can make big money on.

Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Kent, Morelos?

Oldest of them is Kamara who was 25 in October.

West Brom then bought him for £12m :))
See that’s the thing, clubs are buying these players because they’re young and have “potential”. What happened to paying for a genuine quality established player? It’s becoming like the stock market where clubs are overpaying for 19/20/21 yr old players because they have potential, pure speculation in most cases. Most of these young players get too rich too quick and their hunger goes and they disappear. Burke being one of them. Seems like all teams want is players with pace and that’s enough to pay 10/15m + for a wee boy just out of school. Fkn madness.

Serious question. Does anyone remember him creating a goal? I can’t for the life of me think of him doing so

See that’s the thing, clubs are buying these players because they’re young and have “potential”. What happened to paying for a genuine quality established player? It’s becoming like the stock market where clubs are overpaying for 19/20/21 yr old players because they have potential, pure speculation in most cases. Most of these young players get too rich too quick and their hunger goes and they disappear. Burke being one of them. Seems like all teams want is players with pace and that’s enough to pay 10/15m + for a wee boy just out of school. Fkn madness.
Yeah football is mental mate, think of the money flying around in bigger leagues & the VVD model.

Southampton bought him for £12m, then sold him a couple of seasons later for £75. The reward far outweighs the risk for these teams that can spend serious cash.

We done it on a smaller scale with Kent, was Kent worth £7m?. Probably not, but we factored in his potential & look at the profit we can make on it in the future.

Was going to mention them myself, but didn’t because he said between 20-23, which would only include Hagi.

The rest will be 25/26 by November.

They all fit the criteria of coming into the team in their early 20s, and if they were to be sold would net us about £70m between them, maybe even more.

Oh yeah, other than Kent, all are full internationals for decent standard nations as well.

If that fee is correct that's utterly astonishing. Leverkusen have bought a piece of shit, mental

Aribo, Hagi, Kamara, Kent, Morelos?

Oldest of them is Kamara who was 25 in October.

None of which have moved on for big money as yet.

Morelos was the obvious one that we could have cashed in for £15m+ but winning the league this season was clearly the priority.

Probably wasn’t totally clear in my point, but was meaning young players that come in for 1-2 seasons tops then move on.

Had we won the league last season we would have probably sold Morelos to Lille in the summer.

Once we get this league wrapped up we can look at getting a proper strategy in place for it moving forward.

Clubs generally don’t officially reveal the fee for a few reasons.

1) If they sell him cheap, their fans will be less likely to riot.
2) If they sell a player cheap, other clubs will have a sense of how much they need the money & can low ball for others.
3) If they oversell then other clubs say “you got X for Y, so we want Z for our player”.

The media tend to get ‘drip fed’ the fee though, so for example sky are reporting this deal could be up to €10m. Which I’d be inclined to believe.
1 - How many riots have their been when a player has been transferred?

2 - and 3 - You've made fair points, but if you have the right infrasrtucture at the club then it shouldn't happen.

4 - We have a media unlike anything else in a civilised football environment. - They need to be taken on.

1 - How many riots have their been when a player has been transferred?

2 - and 3 - You've made fair points, but if you have the right infrasrtucture at the club then it shouldn't happen.

4 - We have a media unlike anything else in a civilised football environment. - They need to be taken on.
Rangers have used the “undisclosed fee” line themselves, many times mate.

Jackson & Co, aye fair enough they are poodles for the mentally challengeds.

German based journalists, & sky journalists I highly doubt are inflating speculated transfer fees for them.

But surely you buy on the evidence of the pish he is in the present day.

It's up to you to coach him and bring him on, not the other way about.

WTF is happening to this website?

Rangers fans wanting to see crap at the scum hut get better and go for a good price?

My bam is boozled.
When did he say that?

Your bam is boozled because you’re making it so.

He is utter shit, there is no way they are getting that kind of money for him, the guy has two assists and one goal in 22 matches.

His strength is not defending it is attacking, so any attacker with those stats is utter dugshit.

Just saying.

Yeah football is mental mate, think of the money flying around in bigger leagues & the VVD model.

Southampton bought him for £12m, then sold him a couple of seasons later for £75. The reward far outweighs the risk for these teams that can spend serious cash.

We done it on a smaller scale with Kent, was Kent worth £7m?. Probably not, but we factored in his potential & look at the profit we can make on it in the future.
Thing was with Van Dijk he was already established with that mob and had impressed in the CL and had played a lot of games. He got his move to Liverpool because he was doing it at a higher level with Southampton in the PL. £75m was mental for him but he was a proven player. That wee pingpong has only played 40 games or something for them at a poor level, shite in Europe, shite in the SPL at times. Seems like Leverkusen are willing to pay 10+m for him because he runs like Linford Christie.

Thing was with Van Dijk he was already established with that mob and had impressed in the CL and had played a lot of games. He got his move to Liverpool because he was doing it at a higher level with Southampton in the PL. £75m was mental for him but he was a proven player. That wee pingpong has only played 40 games or something for them at a poor level, shite in Europe, shite in the SPL at times. Seems like Leverkusen are willing to pay 10+m for him because he runs like Linford Christie.
I know mate, in reality it’s not exactly a lot of money though when you break it down with City’s 30% & some it being made up of instalments probably.

I think the fact he is still only 20 probably plays a part in this too. You would imagine Leverkusen who are 3rd in the Bundesliga, have watched far more of him than you or I have.

They must see something they feel they can coach, other than the fact he’s quicker than a fast car :))

Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barca?? Which big hitter is it?
Top European clubs showed interest says Lenny. Obviously it would have to be a top club to pay the "huge fee" they can sell him for as a result of what "the coaches and club have done for him." The detachment from reality continues,

If he is being signed on the basis of potential, then the quoted 10 million euros will likely be:

3 million: fee
2 million: after 25 league appearances
1 million: after 5 cl appearances
3 million in wages over the contract

Hence, uNdIsClOsEd fEe B-)

A bit more like it but I would be doubling those league and CL appearances.

He is nowhere near that value - a loser domestically, laughable at CL level and embarrassed in the europa league.

We will see how much the tramps spend on replacing him.

Daily Record papist propaganda. 11 million for Frimpong? Maybe over the life of his contract but not in cash up front.
How much do the Record think Tav or Borna is worth? Two of the best backs in European football. 5 mill each?

More interested in the comment about more players wanting to leave than how much there getting for pong.

Remember the Lawwell video mocking us for saying we had a big offer for Jelavic?

I know we've got too much class, but it would be funny if Stewart Robertson laughed about undisclosed fees being reported as fairly tale £10m to make certain club fans feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back