Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness they do get absolute top dollar fees for their players. Something that we need to improve on.
Is that true or is it an FF myth? I had a swatch at their fairly recent transfers. They most certainly did not get top dollar for Van Dijk who moved on for an enormous amount a couple of years after he let them for Southampton.
Forster at £10m and Armstrong at £7m seems about right for 'ordinary' EPL players (we paid I think £7m for Kent who couldn't get near Liverpool's first team and Solanke, another Liverpool reserve, went for £20m). Dembele seemed generous at £20m or whatever but he held a place last season in the French top division and is now heavily rumoured to be moving to Atletico. That doesn't seem an extraordinary price.
Tierney is the outlier, £25m does beggar belief but he does not lack talent especially going forward and was outstanding in an Arsenal game I saw recently. If he comes good (and manages to actually play given his injury history) £25m will not seem excessive.
Sviatchenko went for £1m while Boyata, Sinclair and a fair few lesser players left for nothing.
Only Tierney and maybe Dembele seem to be over the odds or top dollar.

You count getting punted out in the qualifiers "champions league football"?

What next, "Gibraltar international seals 15 million euro move on the back of his tremendous world cup performance" (meaning he kept the score down to 6-0 in a qualifier against Bulgaria).
If we go out in the qualifiers next year, we will still have tasted CL football - just not the group stages.

£12.5m according to the Celtic Show, PLZ Soccer :D
0A4CAFCF-B9AE-4DA6-B51D-172482DE7ACF.gif

Is that true or is it an FF myth? I had a swatch at their fairly recent transfers. They most certainly did not get top dollar for Van Dijk who moved on for an enormous amount a couple of years after he let them for Southampton.
Forster at £10m and Armstrong at £7m seems about right for 'ordinary' EPL players (we paid I think £7m for Kent who couldn't get near Liverpool's first team and Solanke, another Liverpool reserve, went for £20m). Dembele seemed generous at £20m or whatever but he held a place last season in the French top division and is now heavily rumoured to be moving to Atletico. That doesn't seem an extraordinary price.
Tierney is the outlier, £25m does beggar belief but he does not lack talent especially going forward and was outstanding in an Arsenal game I saw recently. If he comes good (and manages to actually play given his injury history) £25m will not seem excessive.
Sviatchenko went for £1m while Boyata, Sinclair and a fair few lesser players left for nothing.
Only Tierney and maybe Dembele seem to be over the odds or top dollar.

All valid points tam. Maybe they just got lucky when we had dross players but:
Van Dijk - 13m
Wanyama - 12.5m
Forster - 10m
Armstrong - 7m
Dembele - 20m plus
Tierney - 20m plus
Frimpong - 11m

During that time what did we get, 3m for Windass and 2m for Joey Garner lol?

Van Dijk - 13m
Wanyama - 12.5m
Forster - 10m
Armstrong - 7m
Dembele - 20m plus
Tierney - 20m plus
Frimpong - 11m

According to BHBC evening news sports segment Schellik have accepted a robust offer for Pinpong No amount mentioned
The scum leave it to their poodles in the press to invent a fee and then smile and say nothing
Will be checking the Leverkusen site tomorrow for their take on it

Firesale and/or rats leaving a stinking ship
Sounds like both if Lennon and Frimpong's comments are to be believed, and that's my main takeaway from today.

If they make £6m on him, it doesn't hide the fact that they need to rip apart the club and start again - something that is going to skin them far, far more than £6m.

And that's BEFORE what happens to them financially if Cairney is found guilty.

Van Dijk - 13m
Wanyama - 12.5m
Forster - 10m
Armstrong - 7m
Dembele - 20m plus
Tierney - 20m plus
Frimpong - 11m

Slight difference in the quality of players mentioned there.

That money for Windass is not bad based on what he offered to us and what we paid IMO.

All that Celtic are saying is...It was a robust offer.....I personally don’t think they have received anywhere near the amount being quoted..Let’s be honest if they had received 8 or 10 million,they would be making it headline news so everyone knows how much money they have.......NOT!

Grigo did say you are on the ground in Germany and would know if €11m deal was accurate

Is there any detail as to the outline of deal ?

i.e. €5m upfront and adds on up to €11m

If Leverkusen are paying up to €11m for this gimp they need their heads examined

He is fast with no end product or defensive capabilities

Doesn’t make any sense to me

I've not a clue, mate. Been working all day, but caught a bit of SSN Germany earlier which also ran the same €11m fee. I imagine it will be incentive-heavy if true.

It's a surprise, but he was born in Amsterdam and possibly wants back there because of the pandemic. He'll be living in Cologne which is only a couple of hours away. On the club's part, Bosz is Dutch and maybe thinks there's something there.

All that Celtic are saying is...It was a robust offer.....I personally don’t think they have received anywhere near the amount being quoted..Let’s be honest if they had received 8 or 10 million,they would be making it headline news so everyone knows how much money they have.......NOT!
I bet they are counting wages in the deal, which is probably about another million a year they will be adding on.
Some propaganda machine they have ill give ththat hat

From Transfermarkt:

Bayer Leverkusen club sources have told Transfermarkt that they would like to announce the deal on Wednesday. The Dutch U21 national team player will cost €10-11 million and will sign a contract that will keep him at the club until 2023.

Leverkusen can’t have done much scouting then!

Celtic have received a "robust offer". The earliest leak had it at 10m euros. The hoardes were up in arms about selling a "top" prospect. Then it was 10m pounds. Then 11.5m pounds. Then in excess of 11.5m pounds. The latest from plz is 12.5m pounds. Now the hoardes are delighted with the fee and can celebrate selling a player like only they can.

I don't know what they got. I don't care. To be honest, anything over 3m and they've won a watch, he's a dreadful footballer.

They ran at a 25m loss last year minus player sales and that was pre covid. They routinely sell their best players and replace them with dross. Their recruitment has been abysmal for years. I hope they sell all their good players.

From Transfermarkt:

Bayer Leverkusen club sources have told Transfermarkt that they would like to announce the deal on Wednesday. The Dutch U21 national team player will cost €10-11 million and will sign a contract that will keep him at the club until 2023.

Leverkusen can’t have done much scouting then!
A two year deal? Surely not accurate. He'd be going into his final year next summer.

Van Dijk - 13m
Wanyama - 12.5m
Forster - 10m
Armstrong - 7m
Dembele - 20m plus
Tierney - 20m plus
Frimpong - 11m

I forgot about Wanyama. Again a good price but he played for a few years in the EPL and Southampton sold him on for a profit I think to Spurs. I think the part about our players illustrates the poor quality we had. Neither has gone on to anything remotely better.
We beat ourselves up about how good timbo is at selling players and and how they get over the odds for their sales. With one maybe two exceptions I just do not think it is true.
I add another near disastrous sale by them; the Finnish striker Pukku who left on a free and ended up doing well at Norwich.

£11m will be the fee with every possible add on.

The up front fee will be less.

Van Dijk - 13m
Wanyama - 12.5m
Forster - 10m
Armstrong - 7m
Dembele - 20m plus
Tierney - 20m plus
Frimpong - 11m

And yet they're about to blow their biggest season in a hundred years.

They can keep their bank balance cup.

That is a seemingly impossible concept for some posters to wrap their head around.
Exactly.

But they (SMSM) are just as likely to report verbatim what the Tims tell them.

Personally, the deal might be worth £9m. Nearly £3m to Man City. A hefty chunk to Ping Pong and his agent. Not leaving much for the East End Tramps.

And it wouldn't surprise me that the deal included Ping Pong meeting certain milestones. Unachievable, I'd suggest. Most conjecture of course, but history has taught me never to trust anything these caants say.

I’m still sceptical about the fee. More likely a German tooth fairy slipped a £1 under Liewell’s pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back