Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered about the silly figures for me the telling thing about this whole episode is how popcorn teeth stated pimpong was determined to leave, just shows that some amount of shit must be going down in that dressing room right now.

Are they the only club in the world who count wages the player will recieve in with the sale price.
Seems they do and we dont. Makes them look like a big club, with players worth billions. Great PR team the scottish media are for them.

If the figures quoted are correct you have to wonder what Tav and Borna are worth. Should easily be twice his fee if not more
This is exactly the same conversation I had with a couple of my mates.

PingPong is nowhere near as good as Tav or Borna.
I can't comprehend why they would pay circa £7 - 10m for him.

Are they the only club in the world who count wages the player will recieve in with the sale price.
Seems they do and we dont. Makes them look like a big club, with players worth billions. Great PR team the scottish media are for them.
They are big fans of the term “a deal worth”. Which includes;
Transfer fee
Players wages
Sell on fee to previous club
Potential future sell on fee
Saving on players wage for the remainder of contract.

They are also fans of leaking a nonsense story like “Player X linked with SENSATIONAL move to *insert Barcelona/ Man U/ Real/ Chelsea etc* for *insert ridiculous amount* and then when it doesn’t happen the hordes are just happy the kept a hold of the player. “Not losing him was like a £5m signing”.
This famously happened in the summer, but they forgot to tell the subject (Ajer) that they were going to do it, and he tried to force through a fantasy transfer to AC Milan.

Doesn’t matter how much they got for ping pong... they have a terrible track record when it comes to spending what they get.
Whatever they get for him is long spent. They had to open up a new multi million credit facility and are haemorrhaging money every month through paying a ridiculous wage bill. Their entire model is built on champions league money and player sales. A small profit was turned last year due to a £25m sale, I don't see their wages being trimmed anywhere and they've fucked up in Europe again. It's very real and I think 90% of the reason they've not sacked that balloon of a manager.

I think there's a good point in the lack of improvement/development this player and how our players appear to have developed....even someone like Itten who hasn't featured much looks like he is being coached to adapt to our style.
Itten is going to be a fantastic player for us, and once he becomes a first pick he will be hard to drop.

took me a day to get my nut round the fact any team would pay for pingpong never mind 11m, this defo not a wind up man :p

might check out BL forum see what they think of this lol

The key points are age and potential. Leverkausan must see a player in Frimpong that they can develop get 2/3years playing time out of him then sell on at a profit. It's probably a 4/5 yr plan to sell him aged 24/25 to a bigger club.
Our problem is a few of our better players, Tav, Borna, are at the age when that isn't feasible so won't realise inflated fees. Teams with short term needs are their outcome.
Our sellable assets are the young ones like Kent, Morelos, Hagi. This is where we need to maximise any transfer fees.

This is more like it

German media report rising to to 10m Euro which includes his 4 year contract of 1m Euro per year. The fee is 6m Euro which is £5.3m of which Celtic will receive £3.7m
Was reading their site and they claimed we have spent £180 million over the last three years on players. They broke that down the way you've done here so you're probably correct.

It's not just a follow follow thing.

For what it's worth I think there may be something in it where things like bonuses and add ons are added.
Every transfer fee that is quoted is the absolute top level. It includes every possible add on and the upfront fee is always much lower.

It doesn't include a players wage and never has.

The only time I ever see people talking about wages included in a transfer fee is on follow follow when Celric sell a player.

You just made that up didn't you?

Transfer fees have never included wages. Only on follow follow has that ever been a thing.
It's never mentioned as a transfer fee. It's always mentioned as a deal reputed to be in the region of

Celtic are well known for including wages saved for the remainder of the contract, total wages included for new contract, and everything in between when discussing player sales.

I think there's a good point in the lack of improvement/development this player and how our players appear to have developed....even someone like Itten who hasn't featured much looks like he is being coached to adapt to our style.
The key points are age and potential. Leverkausan must see a player in Frimpong that they can develop get 2/3years playing time out of him then sell on at a profit. It's probably a 4/5 yr plan to sell him aged 24/25 to a bigger club.
Our problem is a few of our better players, Tav, Borna, are at the age when that isn't feasible so won't realise inflated fees. Teams with short term needs are their outcome.
Our sellable assets are the young ones like Kent, Morelos, Hagi. This is where we need to maximise any transfer fees.
This is a very accurate post

They are big fans of the term “a deal worth”. Which includes;
Transfer fee
Players wages
Sell on fee to previous club
Potential future sell on fee
Saving on players wage for the remainder of contract.

They are also fans of leaking a nonsense story like “Player X linked with SENSATIONAL move to *insert Barcelona/ Man U/ Real/ Chelsea etc* for *insert ridiculous amount* and then when it doesn’t happen the hordes are just happy the kept a hold of the player. “Not losing him was like a £5m signing”.
This famously happened in the summer, but they forgot to tell the subject (Ajer) that they were going to do it, and he tried to force through a fantasy transfer to AC Milan.
Show me an example of one of these deals. It is an absolute myth. Players get offered deals worth X amount over their contract, that is nothing to do with the fee and is never included in the fee. I literally only ever see it on FF to try make it look like they're exaggerating their fees.

Every transfer fee that is quoted is the absolute top level. It includes every possible add on and the upfront fee is always much lower.

It doesn't include a players wage and never has.

The only time I ever see people talking about wages included in a transfer fee is on follow follow when Celric sell a player.
Someone on here once argued with me about profit we had made on a player & said “You haven’t factored In their wages”

I was like wit? :))

If that's true it's great news for us, each of Tav and Borna must be worth literally GBP25m. Each are by way of multiple better than Frimpong.
They are, but they are also 10 years older & Leverkusen are buying potential, not the finished product that they probably are.

If we sell either in the summer we are getting £15m minimum though.

They are, but they are also 10 years older & Leverkusen are buying potential, not the finished product that they probably are.

If we sell either in the summer we are getting £15m minimum though.
Exactly this.

They are buying a player who has the raw skills to become a decent player. He's fast, comfortable with the ball at his feet and can beat players with ease.

The things he's pish at can be coached into him. Decision making, final ball, defensive positioning etc.

There is no way the fhilth are getting £11.5m for PingPong.

If they did get around 11.5million euros then that's fair enough, not a chance Leverkusen have paid them that outright though. They will get around £4mil the now which will rise by a couple of mil with add ons, plus Man City are due 30%.

Even them getting £4/5mil for him is good business to be fair to them.

If you were a Celtic fan though you'd be more concerned with them selling a first team player in January, Celtic don't usually do that and never seem to be a club that needs too at this time of the season. Either they've completely gave up on the league and are cashing in or need the money pronto.

This is more like it

German media report rising to to 10m Euro which includes his 4 year contract of 1m Euro per year. The fee is 6m Euro which is £5.3m of which Celtic will receive £3.7m

Where are you seeing this?

I'd be very surprised if Celtic sold him for an amount that low.

Regardless of the fee they get it won't be getting invested back into the playing squad. Most likely it'll be getting used up to pay the cost of running their rancid club, and at 2019/20 account spend the juicy transfer fee will last them about 26 days... They are fcked. About five sellable assets, the rest old crocks. The downsizing is in full flow. I doubt even buying James the terrorist lover Mcclean will pacify the hanky hoarded for more than ten minutes. Its glorious.

One other thing to consider,
Since ping pong has secured a good shift to a Bundesliga club, maybe the rest of the unsettled rabble may be on the phone to their agents for a big move.

I don't really care what the fee is ... in simple business terms its good business from them - they paid under <500k for him so getting anywhere near the quoted figures whether its 5-10-11.5m is still good business even with the 30-40% sell on fee Man City have.

there problem is they now need to recruit a RB (The Israeli boy who appears to always be injured) wants away as well - numerous centre backs and GK so any profit will need to be sensibly invested.

be delighted if they go for Gallagher and O'Donell from Motherwell tho ... banter years indeed.

I know I made a comment last night on this thread, but saw skysports this morning and he's quoted at 10 million.

They've got to be pullin ma 6 incher.

They’ll take into consideration a lot of things. Borna and Tav being much older is the only thing that would maybe hold us back in terms of a massive fee.

If Barisic goes in the summer I’m expecting minimum £15m
I think Barisic is a £20m player. If he was playing in the Premier down south add another 10 or 20 imo. 15 would still be reasonable right enough but not a penny less.

I know I made a comment last night on this thread, but saw skysports this morning and he's quoted at 10 million.

They've got to be pullin ma 6 incher.
I’m finding it hard to believe but this only puts Rangers in a stronger position with any future sales. Can quote the ‘Frimpong scale’ in relation to any fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back