From the annual report - Average season ticket price is £383

Biggest load of nonsense I have read in a while,the football can’t come back quickly enough.

Finally getting chance to have read through the report and this figure stands out.

I’ve harped on about this before, but the OAP /Senior price for particularly the main stand and Sandy Jardine stands has to be looked at when we are constrained with the size of the stadium , competing against tims revenue spend

An older ageing population , people living years longer, there will need to be some additional qualification put into qualifying for a senior discount (such as number of years as MyGers / Season ticket holder (bit like years worked to qualify for full state pension) , shouldn’t automatically just click over if you’ve only had a seat for a couple years in prime position (& no evidence of contributing beforehand)

I hope the club are seriously looking at the age makeup of those that sit in main stand and Sandy jardine and those wishing to move into those stands & the age qualifications

It may seem tight / folk will say they’ve put money into the club all their days….but have they really? Continuously? Or just came back to football once stopped working / family all left home?
With over 55 years attending games at Ibrox (35 years in the Govan at full price)and a couple of years away from a discount .
Hopefully I have enough qualifying years if you ever get to be in charge!
A total nonsense post.

With over 55 years attending games at Ibrox (35 years in the Govan at full price)and a couple of years away from a discount .
Hopefully I have enough qualifying years if you ever get to be in charge!
A total nonsense post.
Yes you would as you’ve got 35years in the seat at full price, much like having qualifying years worked to get full state pension.

At moment the club are just taking a universal approach that by age people are due a discount (not whether evidence contributed to rangers financially for years beforehand, in the future when rangers have the detailed computer Mygers records of fans , im saying that should be a factor in offering a discount in prime seats / allowing people to move into those stands at the clubs discretion.

I will give you a scenario:
I sit Copland front , the cheapest season in the ground as it goes, I continue to sit there until 5yrs before I get to state retirement age, when I then decide I want to sit somewhere else and put in a request to transfer to another (higher priced season area) should the ticket office consider that / looking to the future when I would then be on a discount in a prime seat and the drop of real value the club would take the hit on?

the age demographics is an area rangers will have to monitor, what percentage of discount tickets in total can rangers afford to offer in prime seats? If it came to be 60%+ for extended years in main stand / govan, financially rangers would need to look at that, it’s probably never been much of an issue , but as I say as people live longer, it could very well be.

Finally getting chance to have read through the report and this figure stands out.

I’ve harped on about this before, but the OAP /Senior price for particularly the main stand and Sandy Jardine stands has to be looked at when we are constrained with the size of the stadium , competing against tims revenue spend

An older ageing population , people living years longer, there will need to be some additional qualification put into qualifying for a senior discount (such as number of years as MyGers / Season ticket holder (bit like years worked to qualify for full state pension) , shouldn’t automatically just click over if you’ve only had a seat for a couple years in prime position (& no evidence of contributing beforehand)

I hope the club are seriously looking at the age makeup of those that sit in main stand and Sandy jardine and those wishing to move into those stands & the age qualifications

It may seem tight / folk will say they’ve put money into the club all their days….but have they really? Continuously? Or just came back to football once stopped working / family all left home?

I have said, and taken pelters for it, that concession season tickets are offered to people still working at 60 and as we age this will cost the club a fortune

I have said, and taken pelters for it, that concession season tickets are offered to people still working at 60 and as we age this will cost the club a fortune
It's 65 before concession tickets are granted for OAP's, an argument could possibly be put forward for the granting of these concession prices at whatever the state old age pension is at that time. Some people work in to their 70's or even 80's, some full time, some part time, some voluntary with no wages. Rangers aren't the only club that operate with concessions, so it's not just 'we as a club' but all our rivals as well, therefore at no competitive disadvantage as such.

Yes you would as you’ve got 35years in the seat at full price, much like having qualifying years worked to get full state pension.

At moment the club are just taking a universal approach that by age people are due a discount (not whether evidence contributed to rangers financially for years beforehand, in the future when rangers have the detailed computer Mygers records of fans , im saying that should be a factor in offering a discount in prime seats / allowing people to move into those stands at the clubs discretion.

I will give you a scenario:
I sit Copland front , the cheapest season in the ground as it goes, I continue to sit there until 5yrs before I get to state retirement age, when I then decide I want to sit somewhere else and put in a request to transfer to another (higher priced season area) should the ticket office consider that / looking to the future when I would then be on a discount in a prime seat and the drop of real value the club would take the hit on?

the age demographics is an area rangers will have to monitor, what percentage of discount tickets in total can rangers afford to offer in prime seats? If it came to be 60%+ for extended years in main stand / govan, financially rangers would need to look at that, it’s probably never been much of an issue , but as I say as people live longer, it could very well be.
That's it - don't back down double down :))

Let's invent ridiculous and highly unlikely scenarios in an attempt to substantiate the original point.

In my experience people don't sit in the same seat for 20 or 30 years and then suddenly decide at retirement age to move to a different, higher priced area of the ground because they now qualify for a concession. They sit there because they particularly like their seat, because it's beside friends and/or family or simply through habit established over many years.

Besides - have you ever tried to get a transfer. At that age he could pass away while waiting on his ideal seat to be offered to him.

This is not the issue you seem to think it is - people don't suddenly decide to start going to Ibrox in their mid 60's because they now qualify for cheaper tickets. Nor do those that do go suddenly decide at that age to move to more expensive seats.

What’s this tims average season ticket price?
I don’t know but 10,000 extra seats is a financial advantage that we have to seriously be looking at especially with the current groaning about where the club is financially and how it stacks up against them. It adds up year on year, it’s why McCann built their current hole on the cheap.

The old man was home and away for the best part of 80 years. Now mostly home with the occasional away match that doesnt involve much walking

Watched Rangers live on over 3200 occasions

I think he deserves his discounted ticket

Though it does annoy me a wee bit :D

Don't give them ideas

I get it I know a senior ticket in copeland is around 110 to 150 where as adult is prob double that.

But in main stand I pay full price and my dad who is 70 plus still pays more for his ticket on concession than I do.

My dad goes every game in main stand his friend in the Copland ticket goes to 1 in 5. And gives ticket to others to use. Doesn't bother with seat sub etc

That's a balance to be had with it around costs.

But attendance is really key to it I think we should be moving to model where its don't attend 60-70% of games then tickets should be removed for all price category

You start singling out different groups

What's next disabled they take up to much room, kids they make to much noise etc it would only end up in riots.

Seat sub had reduced some of the problems with non attendance but at one point I think it was 1 in 10 weren't attending.

Which is why they don't really want to increase capacity. Reality is we need a bigger capacity to get the younger generation to go to games.
Can you get me one of these senior tickets I'm getting charged £370 at present.Thanks in advace.

That's it - don't back down double down :))

Let's invent ridiculous and highly unlikely scenarios in an attempt to substantiate the original point.

In my experience people don't sit in the same seat for 20 or 30 years and then suddenly decide at retirement age to move to a different, higher priced area of the ground because they now qualify for a concession. They sit there because they particularly like their seat, because it's beside friends and/or family or simply through habit established over many years.

Besides - have you ever tried to get a transfer. At that age he could pass away while waiting on his ideal seat to be offered to him.

This is not the issue you seem to think it is - people don't suddenly decide to start going to Ibrox in their mid 60's because they now qualify for cheaper tickets. Nor do those that do go suddenly decide at that age to move to more expensive seats.
It is an issue, however small presently, but as people live longer, there will be a squeeze on the percentage of full price tickets available and with match revenue being so key to rangers , will need to be looked at, however sensitive the subject for some

Ironically there will be people being moved from current seat due to the planned disabled access, the question of where to offer them a season will come up, location and price will factor in that

It's 65 before concession tickets are granted for OAP's, an argument could possibly be put forward for the granting of these concession prices at whatever the state old age pension is at that time. Some people work in to their 70's or even 80's, some full time, some part time, some voluntary with no wages. Rangers aren't the only club that operate with concessions, so it's not just 'we as a club' but all our rivals as well, therefore at no competitive disadvantage as such.

Good points you make but it's not income based purely age based.

If you are still working you shouldn't get a concession surely.

We could maximise our income by not offering it.

Bet we don't offer a discount at club 72

It is an issue, however small presently, but as people live longer, there will be a squeeze on the percentage of full price tickets available and with match revenue being so key to rangers , will need to be looked at, however sensitive the subject for some

Ironically there will be people being moved from current seat due to the planned disabled access, the question of where to offer them a season will come up, location and price will factor in that
The number of concessions (young and old) may well be an issue and may, as you suggest, become more of an issue with people living longer, however, it is not, I would suggest, impacted in any way by people suddenly deciding to start attending or move seat at the age of 65.

We either accept that the young and elderly are entitled to cheaper tickets or not. If we do then there are a number of simple options to close the financial gap created by 10,000 extra seats at parkhead.

One option would be to charge everyone an extra £150 for their ticket irrespective of age - wouldn't be popular or, indeed, right.

Aternatively, and my preferred option, put a successful team on the pitch which regularly beats them over a number of seasons and see what kind of extra income 10,000 empty seats gets them.

The number of concessions (young and old) may well be an issue and may, as you suggest, become more of an issue with people living longer, however, it is not, I would suggest, impacted in any way by people suddenly deciding to start attending or move seat at the age of 65.

We either accept that the young and elderly are entitled to cheaper tickets or not. If we do then there are a number of simple options to close the financial gap created by 10,000 extra seats at parkhead.

One option would be to charge everyone an extra £150 for their ticket irrespective of age - wouldn't be popular or, indeed, right.

Aternatively, and my preferred option, put a successful team on the pitch which regularly beats them over a number of seasons and see what kind of extra income 10,000 empty seats gets them.
So, as it’s not a scenario you recognise
Why not have rangers put it in writing in the season terms & conditions that people approaching retirement age in X amount of years would be barred from a seat move to higher priced season area?

how would you fund the interim player investment to bridge the financial gap between them just now to negate these 10000 tickets in the long term?

Another £150 on top of what we pay already and mygers etc no chance.
Thats not going to happen there would be a lot chucking it lots.

So, as it’s not a scenario you recognise
Why not have rangers put it in writing in the season terms & conditions that people approaching retirement age in X amount of years would be barred from a seat move to higher priced season area?

how would you fund the interim player investment to bridge the financial gap between them just now to negate these 10000 tickets in the long term?
If we are going to get ridiculous then let's go all in and get rid of the young, the elderly and the regular working man. Reduce the capacity to 30k thereby creating more legroom in the stands and allow for additional lounges/restaurants to be created - 30,000 but all hospitality at £5k per seat would result in £150m of income :))

Another £150 on top of what we pay already and mygers etc no chance.
Thats not going to happen there would be a lot chucking it lots.
To be clear I'm not actually suggesting that the club should do this (I did say it wouldn't be popular or "right") but it was in response to the suggestion that the club look at how much we are costing ourselves due to concession tickets and various scenarios related thereto due to others having a larger stadium - my answer would always be to beat them and their bigger stadium won't matter a f*ck.

I am sure all clubs have similar pricing structure for child,adult and concession (over 65).
Pretty pathetic and weird post.

The average discount for a concessionary season ticket in the Main Stand is 29 per cent. Less than one-third off. Not exactly 50 per cent some have been quoting. The maximum state pension of £141 per week basically makes most pensioners fall below the poverty line. I always had to supplement my parent’s pension over the years. To suggest that those who have built up this country since the 2nd WW are not entitled to a reduction because of financial pecuniary is ageism. Ask some of the Erskine veterans that are sponsored in the Main Stand if they are deserving enough? And not all Erskine Veterans are capable of walking up the stairs to their seat. Only the ’younger’ ones of 80 or younger can make it.
Maybe ask the OP what he thinks of his proposal when he becomes of pensionable age. It’s usually the well-off who dream up these absurd ideas as they are removed from reality by the comfort of their bank statements.

I know quite a few people that are priced out of the European games as they simply can't afford to commit to all the extra games. Its easy enough to say increase the prices if you can personally afford it however there is many people who don't have that luxury and I would hate to see people having to give up season tickets cause they are priced out.

The pricing of the champions league this year was a disgrace. Its all well and good saying as long as tickets are sold who cares but it will damage the club long term pricing out people when we are traditionally a working class support. The German teams are an example to follow in regards to pricing. I shouldn't all be about how much money you take off fans.

That figure does seem crazy low, but at that price 10,000 extra seats would only bring in under £4m. We did build the stadium far too small for our needs but now expansion seems financially inadvisable. For those saying that there are always spares - I know if you are nearby on on your own its an option but I know hundreds of guys who went for many years who now just don't bother and watch on telly precisely because they left it for a season or so and now can't get seats together or be guaranteed a ticket.

Is that before or after vat?
A ST of £460 gives £383 to the club after vat.
A ST of £383 gives £319 to the club after vat.
The difference to the club is £2.88m
I cant remember if you can reclaim any vat.
Rather than allowing an oap discount, why not give the oap an option
Pay full price or public execution by luckywhitefeather (full price tickets available, contact Mr Bisgrove)

What they should do is have stewards that GAF and stop people coming in on Children and concessions that shouldn’t be or make them go through a manned turnstile as we must lose thousands of not more every home game.
Or the doubling up in the turnstiles. It seems to be happening much more often now, including dads squeezing through with their kids.

That figure does seem crazy low, but at that price 10,000 extra seats would only bring in under £4m. We did build the stadium far too small for our needs but now expansion seems financially inadvisable. For those saying that there are always spares - I know if you are nearby on on your own its an option but I know hundreds of guys who went for many years who now just don't bother and watch on telly precisely because they left it for a season or so and now can't get seats together or be guaranteed a ticket.
In general season tickets are discounted where it becomes more attractive is the additional games

Scum gamescat 50 a pop are 500k alone in difference per game.

You take the cl packages at 160 would be 1.6 mill

So straight away that's 2.6 mill on top of season tickets before other games

The real earner would be that you would prob be able to increase hospitality seats by 1/2 k

So 8k season tickets and 2k hospitality

3 mill for season tickets

League games minus scum for hospitality 17x2000×130=4.4 mill roughly.

800k for the 2 scum games for 8 k seats and 2k at 150 at least 300k so scum fans got talking an extra 1.1 mill per year alone.

Say 130 packagefor for Europe worst case and 150 for hospitality pg roughly 1.8 mill

Roughly 7-8 mill extra income a year.

Add in a couple of games extra a year domestically and in Europe you will be near 10 mill before tax.

the strategy of the club in recent times has been to squeeze everything they can out of the average punter. so, it's no wonder some are beginning to question the strategy of providing discounts.

however, between the reaction to this and some of the posts in the stadium improvements thread, you'd think we should just throw open the gates and let everyone in for free.

I honestly can't believe how this thread hasn't been binned.

OP suggests that any senior citizen can rock up and get a season ticket depriving the club of income? Really?

Ffs why has this thread been allowed any credence?

It's insulting to Rangers fans and quite frankly a despicable suggestion.

Please bin this thread, it's embarrassing as a Rangers supporter to give this oxygen.

It’s possible that a lot of season ticket holders used seatsub, during the previous season, and built up some credit which was deducted from the renewal price. The club benefits throughout the season every time a ticket is resold, and even more if a concession seat is sold, on seatsub, to a full price adult. The average cost may be a false indication of how much season tickets contribute to the club.

I feel really old after being called an OAP and elderly when I still feel about 20. I have has a season ticket since 1974 and this year I qualified for a concession. I still pay over £500 and I think it’s a fair reward for loyalty.

Back