From the archives - King of the Castle - Rangers New 2008 - how Gary Player's caddie put £20million into Rangers

Murray was idolised for a long time and quite rightly. The mess he left behind tainted everything good that happened and the memories i have are bittersweet. I hope in ten years time we can hand on heart say thankyou Mr King you saved us(i think he has but im hesitant to go full love in). All imo of course.

So this article came from the Rangers News/ Monthly?
Think I used to get this sent to L.A.…anyway makes for an interesting read especially since what has occurred since then.

Not sure how accurate that opinion is about us not winning the league cost us the CL money…as even then it still was a hard task getting through to the Group Stages.Certainly easier than now…but hard all the same!

After what happened …’happened’
Yes …considering where we were not that long ago King’s involvement definitely saved us from the brink… and never should be forgotten.
Equally what Murray did to us …should also never be forgotten.T

Going forward though we seem in good safe hands so let’s put our trust in King and Co and seriously once and for all hope we finally rid ourselves of the ‘elephant in the room’ and that cancer named Ashley whether it’s now or later and if that means selling an asset …(if that is the case) or two to do this then so be it!

Last edited:
So this article came from the Rangers News/ Monthly?
Think I used to get this sent to L.A.…anyway makes for an interesting read especially since what has occurred since then.

Not sure how accurate that opinion is about us not winning the league cost us the CL money…as even then it still was a hard task getting through the Group Stages.Certainly easier than now…but hard all the same!

After what happened …’happened’
Yes …considering where we were not that long ago King’s involvement definitely saved us from the brink… and never should be forgotten.
Equally what Murray did to us …should also never be forgotten.T

Going forward though we seem in good safe hands so let’s put our trust in King and Co and seriously once and for all hope we finally rid ourselves of the ‘elephant in the room’ and that cancer named Ashley whether it’s now or later and if that means selling an asset …(if that is the case) or two to do this then so be it!

No, it came from the Rangers News.

Fair do’s Mark.

I used to have the monthly’s back then …but either way an interesting article and words to remember considering…where were then and now…and what happen’s next!

Back