"Front Load" the appointment

Laudrup1

I'm of the opinion that Pedro, even if he'd got to the point we'd consider a marginal success in the job, was not really going to be the man that won us the league eventually.

I think the board might have hoped he'd move us on a bit and put us in a stronger position. If it all worked out better than that and he was the 2nd coming of Struth / Smith, it's win win.

If not, there would have come a time when a bigger appointment could have been made (possibly at the end of year three of his contract)

However, we're at the point where we're now at the stage of him being gone and a decision has to be made.

King used the "front load" comment before. His board are now in the position where it is required.

We can't just take the safe hands option of someone who knows the SPFL hoping they can do whatever they did at St Johnstone or Aberdeen and transfer it to an actual proper job at Ibrox.

We need to make the next step NOW.

Over to you "The Board..."

Whoever, withing the board, came up with Caixinha should be leaving along with him.

Anyone who knows anything about our club, country's football should have known it was not the time for an exceptionally left-field appointment of a guy from Qatari football with no pedegree or record of acheiving and even less knowledge of our club.

If/when Caixinha goes, we must get someone who knows our club, the league we play withing, our expectations and generally what is required.

Wanted Pedro to succeed so badly, like I want every manager. Unfortunately I think his times up, we cannot wait till the end of season and start AGAIN. Get the right guy in place , gel what we have, add to it in January. Its getting embarrassing now
WATP

King’s done some great things since ousting the spivs, but the whole ‘front loading / £30m personal investment’ stuff isn’t part of it.

I'll go back to my Juve example after their demotion to Serie B.

Conte was the 6th manager they had when they won the league.
Before him was Deschamps who won Serie B, Ranieri, Ferrara, Zacheroni, and Delneri.

We're currently on appointment No 3 since our demotion and there is an undoubted improvement in player standard, but not enough when combined with the standard of management.

This isn't gonny be a quick or easy process, especially as the scum are flying at the moment.

They have hit their sweet spot, much the same way we did during 9 in a Row in the 91/92-92/93 seasons, while we are in as much turmoil as they were at that time.

This isn't gonny be a quick or easy process, especially as the scum are flying at the moment.

They have hit their sweet spot, much the same way we did during 9 in a Row in the 91/92-92/93 seasons, while we are in as much turmoil as they were at that time.

Juventus had the six other teams in the "Seven Sisters" to contend with.

We've got Celtic and that's it. Huge difference. But we're not even above Motherwell right now and we had a 3 point head start on them after day one.

Before him was Deschamps who won Serie B, Ranieri, Ferrara, Zacheroni, and Delneri.

We're currently on appointment No 3 since our demotion and there is an undoubted improvement in player standard, but not enough when combined with the standard of management.

Which player(s) identified by Caixinha have improved the standard?
Morelos, Jack, Dorrans weren't his signings, so which of his have improved us?

We are no better, arguably worse, than what Warburton left us with.

They also finished 3rd, 2nd, 7th and 7th before they won it... In that order. The task we face is monumental and folk forget that

Juventus had the six other teams in the "Seven Sisters" to contend with.

We've got Celtic and that's it. Huge difference. But we're not even above Motherwell right now and we had a 3 point head start on them after day one.

I agree it's not good enough. We're a run of the mill Premiership team right now.
On paper we have better quality players than everyone else bar the scum, but this combination of players and manager isnt going to cut it based on what we've witnessed.

The point I was making is it very rarely in football is a one shot deal to get a team back on top coming from so far back.

There are freak ones like Ranieri at Leicester but that's once in a generation stuff.

Which player(s) identified by Caixinha have improved the standard?
Morelos, Jack, Dorrans weren't his signings, so which of his have improved us?

We are no better, arguably worse, than what Warburton left us with.

Candeias and Alves add to that list. Irrespective of who signed them the point I'm making is the quality is getting better.

Candeias and Alves add to that list. Irrespective of who signed them the point I'm making is the quality is getting better.

Its a fine margin in terms of improvement.

For the financial backing Caixinha had in the summer, far better quality and improvement should be obvious.

Its a fine margin in terms of improvement.

For the financial backing Caixinha had in the summer, far better quality and improvement should be obvious.

The quality and improvement is better, however some have put their dislike of the manager ahead of what's best for Rangers.

I fear the comments on spending his kids inheritance is another moon beam statement. Put it another way, rather than the next step in the Mangement position being up the way, what if it is back the way, like Billy Davies with a tenner to spend in January ? I hope king and the board don’t take the fans for granted.

Back