Fuchs from Dundee Utd

Is he a unit ?

6ft I think. He’s been linked with a number of clubs down South. Aston Villa, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Norwich to name a few. Was linked with Celtic too. Think he made his debut at Ibrox last season. Seems highly rated, pretty comfortable in possession and has been used at RB too.

But when we signed Morelos, he was miles behind Roofes current quality

My point is we are unlikely to be able to sign a starting 11 of CL level ready players

We need to sign potential and develop them

It’s exactly this model the club are trying to adopt.

We don’t have mega millions to sign up fresh out the box CL standard players.

But when we signed Morelos, he was miles behind Roofes current quality

My point is we are unlikely to be able to sign a starting 11 of CL level ready players

We need to sign potential and develop them
I get that but on the flip side, we can’t have a team full of players we think we need to develop

He’s a decent player but not for us. We need to be signing a much higher quality of player this coming January/Summer. We should be after players of the quality of Joey Veerman for example. That’s no disrespect to Fuchs but we’re just talking about a different level of player.

Fuchs and Harkes are actually both decent with those scumbags.

Hearts lad is already mentioned is decent and I also like Erahon and Dylan Reid at St Mirren, particularly Reid as he’s only 16 and from family of Bears!

Not suggesting all should be signing targets but certainly shouldn’t just be written off as they play on Scotland.

However, I would like our academy players to be given opportunities before any type of squad signings like those players would be.

Fuchs and Harkes are actually both decent with those scumbags.

Hearts lad is already mentioned is decent and I also like Erahon and Dylan Reid at St Mirren, particularly Reid as he’s only 16 and from family of Bears!

Not suggesting all should be signing targets but certainly shouldn’t just be written off as they play on Scotland.

However, I would like our academy players to be given opportunities before any type of squad signings like those players would be.
Last paragraph says it all.

Are the above any better than Kelly and Barjonas , Mayo and King.

He’s a decent player but not for us. We need to be signing a much higher quality of player this coming January/Summer. We should be after players of the quality of Joey Veerman for example. That’s no disrespect to Fuchs but we’re just talking about a different level of player.

In the main I agree, however, we also need decent squad players who we can use to change up the team in certain fixtures

Kamara was signed at a time we were playing McCrorie and Docherty in CM

We’ve moved beyond taking a punt on SPL dross
Goram, Robertson, Brown, McInnes, Ferguson, McCann, Thomson, Wallace, Whittaker, McLaren, Naismith etc. All SPL dross? If someone plays at the middle of the road Scottish Premiership team it doesn’t make them a bad player. It doesn’t mean they are a good player either to be fair, but there are players in this division that are worth a punt.

He was excellent on Sunday but would need to see that consistency until the end if the season.

We're also talking a different kind of player.

Veerman is quality that's not even up for debate especially technically and with an eye for the killer pass. He'd have been great for Rangers and I was gutted we never got him.

From what I've seen so far, Fuchs is very much a ball winning midfielder with bags of energy, great anticipation and decent on the ball. Both players have great assets to have in your team with Fuchs arguably more suited to this league. If Ryan Jack fails to regain fitness he's definitely one I'd be looking at in January.

Kamara was signed at a time we were playing McCrorie and Docherty in CM

We’ve moved beyond taking a punt on SPL dross

Kamara is without doubt one of our best and most valuable players. We also recently signed a player that wasn’t even a nailed on starter for the sheep so you’re talking nonsense.

Kamara is without doubt one of our best and most valuable players. We also recently signed a player that wasn’t even a nailed on starter for the sheep so you’re talking nonsense.
And you think Wright is good enough?

Unless he is young with Kamara-type potential, I wouldn't think so. He did do well at the Piggery though, very composed

Nothing against Fuchs, but I`m hoping over the next couple of years to have our own young players pushing for first-team starts. There has to be a pathway for young players otherwise what is the point of B-teams.

Nothing against Fuchs, but I`m hoping over the next couple of years to have our own young players pushing for first-team starts. There has to be a pathway for young players otherwise what is the point of B-teams.
If they’re good enough they’ll get a chance. Can’t just promote players for the sake of it because they play for the B team

Fuchs looks not dissimilar to Lassana Coulibaly to me, being a ball-winner isn’t enough at Rangers, you need a lot of ability on the ball.

I’ve been impressed by him last two games he is great in the tackle and fair gets about the park may be worth looking at

Goram, Robertson, Brown, McInnes, Ferguson, McCann, Thomson, Wallace, Whittaker, McLaren, Naismith etc. All SPL dross? If someone plays at the middle of the road Scottish Premiership team it doesn’t make them a bad player. It doesn’t mean they are a good player either to be fair, but there are players in this division that are worth a punt.

I was about to make the very same obvious point that we signed Bomber Brown and Kamara from SPFL dross Dundee.

I genuinely haven’t paid much attention to Fuchs, so I’m keeping out of that for now, but I’ll definitely be paying more attention to him following this thread

As for ylak about CL, we went in to previous campaigns with Whittiker, Thomson, McCulloch, Novo and Futher back Malcolm, McCormack, Thompson Hughes, Rae etc all varied periods but its not always that simple
Screen_Shot_2019-03-22_at_5.33.23_PM.png

We're also talking a different kind of player.

Veerman is quality that's not even up for debate especially technically and with an eye for the killer pass. He'd have been great for Rangers and I was gutted we never got him.

From what I've seen so far, Fuchs is very much a ball winning midfielder with bags of energy, great anticipation and decent on the ball. Both players have great assets to have in your team with Fuchs arguably more suited to this league. If Ryan Jack fails to regain fitness he's definitely one I'd be looking at in January.
That’s fair that they may be different kinds of players but the level of player still needs to be higher than Fuchs. Win the league this year and there’s serious quality options that can be explored in the summer transfer market with the CL cash guaranteed for next year.

The list of players used as a form of reference on this thread is incredible.

We will 100% be looking at Fuchs and Baningime given their football education as is referenced often by Gerrard, they both look extremely coachable

The list of players used as a form of reference on this thread is incredible.

We will 100% be looking at Fuchs and Baningime given their football education as is referenced often by Gerrard, they both look extremely coachable
This, 100%. Where we can get good value in Scotland, we will, as we have always done. Some work out, some don't.

There's a place for bigger signing fees as well, but first we need to earn some by selling players. Some of those won't work out too.

Back