Fulham line a move up for Ryan Kent

poor Fulham fans potentially having to watch a negative manager like Clarke

also I think he'd find the league down there just a bit different to his "kick everything that moves" tactics

A serious lack of goals is an exaggeration.

Scott Sinclair has played 29 matches this season scoring 9 times with 3 assists. He is also 7 years older than Ryan.

Ryan has played 21 matches scoring 5 times with 6 assists.

There is of course room for improvement, but he is still a step ahead of Candeias who has played 26 matches and scored 5 with 5 assists.

For me both kent and candeias dont score nearly enough if we want to win a league.

If a top end championship club like Fulham will be next season,with EPl parachute payments in the bank go in for him-he'll be going there permanently I'd wager.Unless Liverpool think he will develop into a first team player with them so are willing to loan hom to us again.
I just can't see that happening tbh.

And for the type of fee involved,we could buy someone like Petterson who's been tearing it up where he's been consistently all season-for a lot less imo given he'll only have a years option triggered by his current club to contend with in a financial sense.

Just my take on it, but as much as I rate Kent I do think we are starting to put him on a bit of a pedestal. I'd love to see him stay, but not at all costs. Wouldn't want us to spend the majority of whatever budget is available in the summer solely on him.

I don't disagree.

Agreed they are not Salah, Neymar or Mané.
But for our financial position and league, they are not far off the mark, again they could use an extra 3 or 4 goals.

I did write id rather he stayed and brought more goals to his game, its not just him, everyone behind morelos should be pitching in with more goals

From The Sun so wouldn’t read too much into it however if Brian Talbot was on a scouting mission as it says then there may well be a grain of truth in it .

Fulham are eyeing a swoop for Rangers loan star Ryan Kent – AND Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke.
Cottagers spy Brian Talbot went to Scotland last week to check out the winger in the Ibrox clash.

WILLIE VASS - THE SUN GLASGOW
Ryan Kent celebrates scoring at Ibrox

The London club may try to BUY Kent from Liverpool while Steven Gerrard bids to bring him back to Gers for a second season on a temporary basis.
Talbot was also looking at how managerial candidate Clarke does it at Killie — he is regarded as a live contender for the post with the EPL strugglers.

Scott Parker is doing his audition with the team just now while Fulham are also looking at how Lee Johnson plays at Bristol City as they take time over their next appointment.
Many Fulham officials are keen for Parker to succeed and get the job.
Going to look like idiots if Clarke ends up with Kent and us Jones.

Just my take on it, but as much as I rate Kent I do think we are starting to put him on a bit of a pedestal. I'd love to see him stay, but not at all costs. Wouldn't want us to spend the majority of whatever budget is available in the summer solely on him.
I like the lad, but the truth is his finished product isn't nearly enough to make him a player that we will miss that much.
If we are to improve we need to actually get someone who will produce more than young Ryan in a forward three.

Jamie Murphy had a higher level of finished product than Ryan Kent even if he has less ability on the ball.
I suppose that we have to conclude that Jamie has more game sense.

If young Kent leaves I will wish him all the best, but I don't think I will be overly pining his loss.

Inconsistent, yes - but has the raw materials to become a star at Ibrox.

Worth investment.
I think he's seriously under-rated on here.

He's one of very few players who has the ability to unlock the packed defences we come up against.

Whether we can afford to gamble on potential is a consideration but potentially the sky's the limit.

I rate Kent but for an outlay of 4 or 5m we need more in terms of goals and assists. Ideally we get him on loan and spend that sort of money on another 1 or 2 to help him.
I reckon he would score more if we had a better goal scorer on the right and a #10 but he's not worth it for 4-5 million. 2 million tops for me, we need to push all our chips into those couple positions to get real quality in those other positions anyway

I cant believe Kent is being slated on here by some as average or worse. He is one of the most exciting Rangers players I've witnessed in my 58 years of actively supporting the club. He terrifies defenders and hes only 22. Loads more to come from him. I hope we can keep him. The likes of Jordan Jones are only half the player Kent is.
Willie Johnston, Davy Cooper, Brian Laudrup, Peter Lovenkrands were exciting players, you putting Kent in that bracket? You having a laugh?

On his day he's excellent but he's not been consistent enough to justify the money it would cost to buy him. I'd take him on loan for another year.

Kent is right near the bottom of the criticism list the season for me, somewhere just after Morelos to be honest.

I understand the pros and cons of outlaying a fee to sign him outright, however.

Just think some of our fans are way too quick to write him off because he isn't 'one of our own'. The best loan we've had for many years.

Fans at Ibrox hate someone being scared to take on a man.

Kent and Morelos are the only ones who aren't scared.

Sometimes Kent will get blocked but he'll go back time and time again and never retreat into his shell. He'll do for me.

To offer criticism, Kent should be adding a lot more goals to his game.

Bags of potential but still way off.

I think in 2/3 seasons he can be excellent.

Good skill and attitude.

End product - nowhere near it. Miles off.

poor Fulham fans potentially having to watch a negative manager like Clarke

also I think he'd find the league down there just a bit different to his "kick everything that moves" tactics

If the Fulham fans don’t mind watching a parked bus every week, he’ll be great.

If fulham wanted clarke they would have done it by now surely?

Even by winger standards he’s really frustrating. He’ll have a superb game where just about everything comes off and he really shows off his natural ability, the sort of game where he’s the guy he produces something out of nothing and you think “yeah this is the sort of player we need”. But then he’ll follow that up with a few games where he can’t do anything right at all; trying to beat every man when he should pass, passing when he should try and beat his man, poor efforts at goal, bad crosses and just honking decision making in general.

I’d be wary of forking out a lot of money for him. An extended loan would be a good option.

Signing him permanently should be one of our top priorities for the summer. £2-3m will get him imo.

An extended loan at a minimum.

The things that he lacks, in terms of scoring more goals etc can be coached into him. You can't coach the talent into him that he was born with.

He's probably one of the best wingers we've had at the club (ability wise) in the last 10 years. He's a player I'd expect to get better if we improve the quality around him as well.

Back