Fulham targeting Goldson

The best central defender in the SPL and our vice captain, joining a run of the mill Championship club.
:)):)):)):))

Goldson is the most under rated player at Rangers, not just by his own teams support but from the mhedia. Very rarely gets praise for stellar performances but any mistaken is highlighted to the nth degree.

Leave a resurgent Rangers for Championship Fulham, don't think so.

Last edited:
Not a chance we’ll be letting Goldson go, he’s Gerrard’s go to man in defence.

Also think the only way he’d leave in the summer is if he wanted back to England for whatever reason. Can’t really see that myself though.

1. No key players go in January.
2. Goldson is our best CB. And that's the best of a good bunch of CBs.
3. Everyone has a price and buying a guy fo £3million and selling him for a big profit is exactly the moel we need.

The most settled Goldson has been in his career. Injury free, healthy, playing for a club that takes his breathe away, under a manager he grew up admiring, playing in Europe and battling for trophies.

I know players chase the money but I don't see that in Connor Goldson.

As far as I'm aware all clubs constantly scout players doesn't mean they are going to put a bid in for the player . With our profile throughout Europe having risen off the scale its no surprise players like Borna , Tav, Goldson , Aribo , Katic , Kamara, Alfredo probably even Gerrard himself as a Manager are being watched doesn't mean they are going anywhere .
Just the press seem to be keen on moving our best players on, hope they are not trying to unsettle our players

Mmm, is there anyone in the first 11( apart from the older ones) that haven't been linked with moves since we beat "them"?
Tav-Newcastle, Barisic- Roma, Goldson - Fulham, Kamara- Arsenal/ Sheffield Utd, Alfie- Newcastle, Jones- Middlesbrough,
Ryan Jack must be really pissed off that they haven't picked on him yet... But still time.
Is it the case of starting rumours and see who you can unsettle.? Board should say no 1st team player is going anywhere..we don't want to jeopardize the amazing team spirit we have.

Last edited:
Its football insider whos reporting it , i would believe more coming out the viz than football insider load of absolute shite

He's a £12 million pound centre back easily but in this window I'd be looking for close to £20 million

I wouldn't want him to move but if he does you would like to think we'd get an eight figure sum. The guy was a bargain.

Roma seem to have moved on and targeted another left back! Its pretty obvious we won't be selling our srar players in January.

If Goldson does leave a league winner in the summer, it will be for 10 million plus

Assuming nobody goes in this window, it looks like a whole new team will be needed next season. At least there will be funds to buy quality.

He left a PL side to come to us, is now a regular for the first time in his career, playing in Europe and has the best chance of a medal likely he’ll ever have. No way he is dropping down a level for....Fulham

Personally I think this might happen especially if anything North of £10 mill is offered. Nicos developed ahead of his time and Stevie might see the future pairing of him and Felipe as sufficient. George as back-up and possibly Ross McCrorie recalled to keep the numbers constant. Point being missed as always if Fulham are willing to throw £35k per week at Connor then hes going to beseriously tempted. If we have to make a sale this window to boost funds then I reckon this is the most palatable and pain free option. Must be better than losing Alfie Glenn or Tav

I think he'll leave in summer probably for round about 10 million.Move all the CH's up 1 and bring in a 4th choice CH.I've always thought he wasn't here longterm.
He's proved his heart issue doesn't affect him and he can play week in week out.Also performed well in Europe so I think there will be definite interest from clubs lower end EPL top of Championship teams going for promotion.

So, despite the mhedia informing us over and over and over again that Celtic have better players in every position, all our players are subject of transer speculation,
but none of their's are?

One could almost draw the conclusion that the mhedia are attempting to unsettle our squad.

One really wonders why?

So, despite the mhedia informing us over and over and over again that Celtic have better players in every position, all our players are subject of transer speculation,
but none of their's are?

One could almost draw the conclusion that the mhedia are attempting to unsettle our squad.

One really wonders why?
Or we now actually have a squad that generates this interest?
Our results in Europa league won't have gone unnoticed and I do think there will be plenty of the big 4 league's scouts at our games.

I remember after we beat them 1-0 (Ryan Jack) Goldson was stood in the centre circle, a look of joy and disbelief on his face, just soaking in the adulation from the fans. He will never experience anything close to that again when he leaves. He got it then. He knew what it was to be a Ranger. He knew he was a hero to millions and that is why he loves it here. Everything in life after Rangers, with a very few exceptions, is an anti-climax.
He's going nowhere any time soon.

One factor that may play a part is Goldsons family and kid I believe still live down south so he may want to live closer to home however like many hve said I don’t see him leaving until at least the summer and even then it would need to be premiership club
Hadn't realised his family/kid were not up in Scotland with him. That definitely the case?

He turns 27 in the summer I like him I know he can split opinion on her but hes been a massive success especially when you compare it to what he replaced. I think if we get 8/10 million for him in the summer and the fact that will be pique value for him due to his age ect it would be good business. Helander replaces him as our number one centre back with katic as his partner edmondson steps up to 3rd choice and we buy a 4th choice project and the cycle continues.

This is the model we should be working to if you ask me.

Then Helander and his international exploits attract interest, sell him on, move Katic to number 1, Edmundson in.....

Until Wilson not only tells these clubs it's 20 million minimum for any of our starting 11, these clubs will think of old Rangers gifting players at crazy fees.
That and actually sell a couple for proper fees.
Barisic and Morelos in the summer for 65 million combined would get the message out.
Barasic in summer,, ye mad, he will have euros in summer, and if he does well as first choice lb for croatia we could get millions more for him by keeping him until after euros and see what happens, but I tell u what mate, he is fast becoming one of the first names on teamsheet and a favorite of mine

Genuinely cannot see Gerrard allowing any of our main players to leave in January, Big Goldson is crucial

It’s funny how half our team are being linked with moves yet over the other side of the city, only the thumb is taking a step up in moving to North Lanarkshire.

They really are trying to do all they can to unsettle us, unfortunately for them this time we have a board, staff and squad that are only focussed on one thing - 55!

Fulham LOL! He left a note established Premier League club to come to us when we were still pretty poor, he's not gonna leave for Fulham when we're now challenging for titles and in European knockout stages

Back