Fulham targeting Goldson

gc92

Seen a few online reports saying Fulham are interested in signing Goldson.

Can't see Gerrard entertaining it with Helander out injured

Just spent £8m on Michael Hector.

Double that lads or don't even bother phoning in the summer.

Certainly not going anywhere in this window.

I've said before that it wouldn't completely surprise me if he left in the summer. He may fancy a crack at it in England again. He'll be 28 this year.

He has - quite rightly - been quite critical of aspects of the game in Scotland.

I'd want him to stay beyond the summer and there is every chance he will. But I don't think a summer move could be completely ruled out altogether.

Certainly not going anywhere in this window.

I've said before that it wouldn't completely surprise me if he left in the summer. He may fancy a crack at it in England again. He'll be 28 this year.

He has - quite rightly - been quite critical of aspects of the game in Scotland.

I'd want him to stay beyond the summer and there is every chance he will. But I don't think a summer move could be completely ruled out altogether.
Hypothetically if he was to leave, how much do you reckon Rangers would value him at?

Hypothetically if he was to leave, how much do you reckon Rangers would value him at?
Difficult to say exactly, but I think the club would value him at around £8m to £10m maybe?? I may be way off with that, but might be something like that if he is ever going to an English team.

Certainly not leaving in this window though.

When will all these clubs learn to fuk off, we have a title to win and its more important than any offer.

Its good we are now in a position that clubs want our players but now is not the time.

Helander is a month away before he can return and I assume that doesn't factor in returning to match sharpness. That being the case I can see Edmundson seeing more game time than was maybe planned this season. It could see him challenging as a starter next season freeing up Goldson for a move.

£12-15m

I can see Goldson being a decent target for a championship side/ Lower EPL side. Experienced, proven in England, proven in Europe, more importantly coped with busy games schedules and always remained available. The amount of 2 games a week we have had, would make him valuable to a championship side in particular. He ticks a lot of boxes
When he came here, it was a gamble for both parties. For me he has delivered, and judging by what we dished out on Helander, we probably got a 7-10m player for 3m, who we will sell on for more.
Hes a top class centre half. I would have been surprised if he was here for more than 4 years, and I do think Helander is being readied to take his mantle as the mainstay CB, and Katic will become first team regular again.
That being said, i dont know his motivation. Go down south and fight mid table tussles for very good money, or stay here and play in Europe, and win trophies. If he stated he wanted to stay i wouldnt be upset.

If he goes tho, i think it needs to be for a benchmark price. A lot of teams have done well out of us trying to offload players in a hurry. We need to reset the mentality, that Rangers players are not cheap. The scum have the EPL thinking they need to play top dollar for average players, we need to do the same

If we secure champions league football, would you still think the same?

Possibly not, but I just have a feeling, mainly down to his previous comments about how overly physical the Scottish game is, that he may fancy a return to England if the move was right.

At 27, the summer would be the time to cash in on him if he does.

I think we’d value him around the £7-8m mark.

Said on the time capsule thread that Goldson will be sold, teams like Fulham are way below Goldson’s level he will be playing premiership football again next year I think but it will take a hefty wad to get him after playing well and getting to the semis in the Europa and winning the title up here

Difficult to say exactly, but I think the club would value him at around £8m to £10m maybe?? I may be way off with that, but might be something like that if he is ever going to an English team.

Certainly not leaving in this window though.
Until Wilson not only tells these clubs it's 20 million minimum for any of our starting 11, these clubs will think of old Rangers gifting players at crazy fees.
That and actually sell a couple for proper fees.
Barisic and Morelos in the summer for 65 million combined would get the message out.

We have Helander, Katic and Edomondson. Losing Goldson (in the summer) wouldn't be ideal, but if we made good money I wouldn't be overly concerned given the current options.

I can see Goldson leaving in the summer.
I can’t. I think he loves it here and knows he is the main man. As long as he is first pick, he will not go anywhere unless a huge bid comes in for him. He is too old to be thinking of international honours.

He turns 27 in the summer I like him I know he can split opinion on her but hes been a massive success especially when you compare it to what he replaced. I think if we get 8/10 million for him in the summer and the fact that will be pique value for him due to his age ect it would be good business. Helander replaces him as our number one centre back with katic as his partner edmondson steps up to 3rd choice and we buy a 4th choice project and the cycle continues.

One factor that may play a part is Goldsons family and kid I believe still live down south so he may want to live closer to home however like many hve said I don’t see him leaving until at least the summer and even then it would need to be premiership club

Goldson is actually a player that we should be happy to shift on due to our excellent recruitment in central defence with Helander, Katic and Edmundson all highly capable. Selling a valuable asset at a profit and back filling with younger players without a noticeable drop in standards is what our transfer policy is all about.

That said, because of where we are in terms of a league challenge and the length of time we've suffered without a title, I'm absolutely desperate that we keep everyone this January so as not to cause any disruption at all.

Pretty sure this all started from a Football Insider rumour so more than likely crap.

Yip

A Fulham source has told Football Insider that the club are keeping close tabs on Goldson, 27, after being impressed by his performances for Rangers this season.

Regardless of the source, I can't see this happening - unless they were to get promoted this season & then Premiership football would maybe turn his head.

Which MSM panty wetter came up with this story ? Seriously do we as a support tally up the amount of lies, innuendo, half truth and fantasy that these plonkers write.

Your bosses at work hold you accountable for your actions, plans, forecasts and predictions, so why not this shower ?

Goldson is actually a player that we should be happy to shift on due to our excellent recruitment in central defence with Helander, Katic and Edmundson all highly capable. Selling a valuable asset at a profit and back filling with younger players without a noticeable drop in standards is what our transfer policy is all about.

That said, because of where we are in terms of a league challenge and the length of time we've suffered without a title, I'm absolutely desperate that we keep everyone this January so as not to cause any disruption at all.

I'm fairly comfortable that none of our first team players will leave in January. The summer is a different story however.

In order for our model to work - and given the loss we're still running at, it really has to - we actually need to sell our more marketable assets.

Ideally not all at once, but guys like Morelos, Barisic, Kamara, Goldson, etc stand to recoup huge fees that should in theory allow us to invest in a higher calibre of replacement than we have been up until now.

At the same time, I still expect some utter meltdowns on here when we come to actually put this model into practice.

Back