Match Thread Fulham v Brentford Championship Play-Off Final - 7.45pm ko, Sky Sports

So Fulham won that 2 years ago, then got a parachute payment last year, now another win to make the PL. How much money is that in basically 2 years for Fulham?

I can't see Parker being as daft as to dismantle the team that got them up like Fulham did last time. Could be a bit of naivety like Norwich however.

Ironic that despite all of the technicality and tactics from their management on the touchline, Brentford score as the result of a contested high ball punt into the Fulham box. Football is not rocket science. Put the ball into your opponents' box where it can be contested and you actually increase your chances of scoring a goal!

Fulham much the better team tonight. Brentford deserved nothing - Fulham had their number all night.

Fulham goalkeeper is a bit of a twat and a cheat to boot. Well done Scott Parker - what a start to his managerial career.

Ironic that despite all of the technicality and tactics from their management on the touchline, Brentford score as the result of a contested high ball punt into the Fulham box. Football is not rocket science. Put the ball into your opponents' box where it can be contested and you actually increase your chances of scoring a goal!

Aye, worked really well for us the last couple of years that hasn't it.

So Fulham won that 2 years ago, then got a parachute payment last year, now another win to make the PL. How much money is that in basically 2 years for Fulham?
Said on commentary that with Fulham going up then down with a parachute payment then up again about £360m! Brentford would have got £120m! Just goes to show how daft wee teams can pay massive fees for players and pay top dollar wages. To me Fulham will be in the bottom 6/8 battling to stay up Brentford have never won a play off so I suspect they’ll be down in the championship for a lot longer. Still would have preferred Brentford to go up.

Fulham did well in the end, played well, tactics correct. Without really caring about the result tonight I had a slight preference for Brentford to go up as (1) their goal difference in the championship was impressive and (2) something different, so why not? But they were out thought by Scott Parker tonight, didn’t let them play their game. Well done to him.

Said on commentary that with Fulham going up then down with a parachute payment then up again about £360m! Brentford would have got £120m! Just goes to show how daft wee teams can pay massive fees for players and pay top dollar wages. To me Fulham will be in the bottom 6/8 battling to stay up Brentford have never won a play off so I suspect they’ll be down in the championship for a lot longer. Still would have preferred Brentford to go up.

If Brentford stick at it then I think they'll win the league next season but that's banking on them keeping the core of this squad together. There'll be plenty prem clubs wanting Watkins and that other fella up front.

Always find it strange that the team finishing 4th get a cup and champagne at wembley. 2nd place team get heehaw.
Much as these playoffs are great TV (usually) it’s pretty sad that a team who are third and points clear of forth don’t go up. It’s a league followed by a cup tournament. Just doesn’t feel right and for me never has.

If Brentford stick at it then I think they'll win the league next season but that's banking on them keeping the core of this squad together. There'll be plenty prem clubs wanting Watkins and that other fella up front.
Didn’t Chelsea offer £20m in January?

Half those Fulham players celebrating must know they'll be replaced before they're in the EPL.

It will be interesting to see what they do as they're whole 'moneyball' model is about getting some cheap bargains and selling for profit. Surely they'll be tempted to try and keep most their main players, moving into their new stadium as well.

I enjoyed that game, pity for Brentford but what was their goalie thinking of for the first goal. And Fulham's second was pretty good too.

Back