Match Thread Fulham v Brentford Championship Play-Off Final - 7.45pm ko, Sky Sports

Looking forward to this one tonight.Both play some nice football.Think there will be goals in it.Im hoping for a Brentford win.Great wee club.I like The lad Watkins.Bees for me.3-1

Often visited Griffin Park when I lived in West London. Proper "Old School" ground which they have now vacated.

It would be great for them to play their first game at the new stadium in the Premiership.

The day before our friendly at Craven Cottage I bought a ticket direct from Fulham, they told me it was a 3pm kick-off and I arrived at 2.45pm just as the referee blew for HT.

After a letter of complaint to FFC they refunded me half the price of the match ticket.

I hope Brentford stuff them although the last thing the EPL needs is another Mickey Mouse club with a turn-over dwarfing ourselves.

Think Brentford’s front 3 will be the difference in Watkins / Benrahma and Mbeuno they have absolute talent and goals.

mitrovic being fit for Fulham would be a huge plus as well.

should be a cracker.

I'm quite looking forward to the game tonight. It's normally got enough tension to make it entertaining.

Probably hoping Brenford go up as they've done well on their budget.

Cannot go watching their manager chew gum with his mouth open though so I'll happily see them concede a last minute goal.

Hope Brentford do it.

Toney said if Brentford lose to Fulham, then he would consider going to "them".

Reading between the lines - if Brentford goes up then that is where he will be going.

Apparently he's a good player so they will miss out on him

Lived in London a while back and tried to get a game in here and there (when you could pay at the gate remember?) and out of the ones I did go to gotta say Griffin Park was up there with Highbury and Upton Park for atmosphere and a good laugh. So I'll be cheering on the Bees tonight but think it's gonna be close.
2-1 Brentford.

Would like Brentford to win but not sure of their chances after shitting it twice at the end of the season when the pressure was on!

Would prefer if Brentford went up as it's something different.

Do Fulham still have that tin pot neutral end behind of their goals? That alone should have seen the club sut down :D

Really fancy Brentford for this one. They play really good football, attacking wise they are excellent and they are just one of those clubs, like Bournemouth, that shouldn’t really be anywhere near the prem but Brentford are very ambitious and this would be a fantastic achievement for a small club with small local fanbase.
I love the old school grounds, and their wee ground would have been brilliant in the prem, but their new one looks brilliant and will be a great addition in amongst the big boys.

Brentford were easily the best team I saw in last seasons Championship and I’d expect them to win.

That said, given the pressure of this game, anyone can win it.

That’s backed up by the fact that each club in the Championship play-off semis won one and lost one game - the first time this has happened.

Quizzers - you can have that one ;)

I’ll go against the grain here and root for Fulham. I was down there in February and watched Fulham v Barnsley at the Cottage, proper old footy ground, even though Barnsley won 3-0 I had a great time, any team that has London Calling by the Clash as their club song can’t be bad!

I'm ok with either Fulham or Brentford, no dislike for either team. Just glad it's not Cardiff or Swansea.

I'd like brentford to do it but they were wobbly end of the season against stoke and Barnsley, win either of them they go up then lose to Swansea in the first leg.

Fulham have mitrovic back which will make a difference. I think Fulham will edge it.

Think I'll support Brentford..just heard on the news its worth 160 million for the winning teams promotion. o_O

These finals not often a great spectacle as too much at stake. Hoping it's a good game tonight though. Not overly fussed who wins but would be good to see someone different in prem so I'll hope for a Brentford win.

Looking forward to this. I think Fulham will win out in the end, but I would like to see Brentford win promotion. Should be a good one though.

Want Brentford to win but the prices for Fulham are just daft. I've bet them to win (14/5) and to win in extra time (14/1).

No Mitrovic is a big call, goals in this already. I honestly couldn't stomach a play off final scenario with Rangers, OF, cup finals, Euro nights are bad enough

Back