full backs tonight - immense

I’ve come to realise the only players that make mistakes are Tavernier and Goldson.
Trace everything that goes wrong back to their last involvement, highlight it on here and you’ll be popular.

They don’t even have to have been involved with some just being there is enough.:))

How many positive contributions did Tavernier make tonight?
Ten, twenty, thirty, more?
One, maybe two errors and it’s all we discuss.

He helped cost us a goal mate even if that big striker pulled that in where is Tav going it was bad defending watch it again!

Yes he had a fine game but he has to stop making poor decisions when the heat is on in those situations he done the same late on away in young boys too!

Brasil had his best game yet he was outstanding. Tav also played very well and both were very unlucky at their goal.

He helped cost us a goal mate even if that big striker pulled that in where is Tav going it was bad defending watch it again!

Yes he had a fine game but he has to stop making poor decisions when the heat is on in those situations he done the same late on away in young boys too!
Okay, you’re right but at least try to answer my question.
Even in the interests of balance.

Pathetic from 2 posters above. It was not Tavs fault at all, took a lucky spin off their player. Its becoming a joke the amount of folk wanting to blame him for everything. They should all GTF and support another team
There was kunts on the match thread wanting Tav punted in January. Absolute bellends

Forget the own goal. borna had a stormer and I thought Tav had his best game in ages as well.

Both players played very well defensively tonight. Tav looked like he had a point to prove and borna just looks international class in every game now.

Borna was immense and in no way to blame for the goal. The blame comes way before it gets to him.

What a turnaround from the man, from a player most thought wouldn't make it with us to one of our best players.

Borna is the most improved player in Scottish football

Tav had a point to prove tonight and he did

Just a matter of time before someone starts a thread on how much we will get for Borna in January .

I don’t know if this is sarcastic or not however, that’s not too important just now.
The purpose of my question and the press for an answer was to demonstrate that their are still a lot pf positives that need highlighted and promoted.

It wasn’t sarcasm mate he was excellent that one lapse apart

Too focussed on getting Morelos in and ended up waiting too long.
Probably his only mistake of the night.

I think he did the right thing in trying for the goal. It could have won us the group.

But, as you point out, he was slower than a wet week and ended up conceding possession at a critical time in the match.

I think he did the right thing in trying for the goal. It could have won us the group.

But, as you point out, he was slower than a wet week and ended up conceding possession at a critical time in the match.

Slower than a wet week , funny. You do realise that he is our right back and he had just run 60 yards in injury time? Outstripping their team and our midfield.

Reactions: GF7
Slower than a wet week , funny. You do realise that he is our right back and he had just run 60 yards in injury time? Outstripping their team and our midfield.

He waited far too long to deliver the ball mate. I’m not talking about his ability to run up and down the park. I doubt there will be anybody fitter than Tav in the squad.

How anyone can blame Tav for the goal is beyond me. People like that need to stop watching the game.
At no point is Tavernier to blame for the goal.
He isn’t even out of position.
The YB player mis-controls a ball, and you cannot read a mis-hit, and it lands at his team mate.
You’d be as well blaming Flanagan.

Tavernier and Barisic were fantastic in last nights game, for me Tav gets too much undeserved abuse, always gives 100 percent and scores and creates plenty of goals which more than cover the mistakes he makes. No player is faultless.

He thought Ojo was the better ball and defender cut it out. Not the end of the world, some posters just look for anything to get on his back. Not meaning you by the way.

Blaming him for the goal is harsh in the extreme but he absolutely deserves criticism for the above. Either play a simple early ball to Morelos or run it into the corner, the ball for Ojo was a more difficult one and he arsed it up giving them the chance to have another attack in the dying moments. Similar brain fart cost us a point in Switzerland too (or 3 points if you include the blunder at the first goal too). But all in all i thought Tav played a great game on Thursday night.

Barisic was superb all night and incredibly unlucky with the OG.

Ok Tav didn’t dive in to nick the ball away and let his man in his area free as a bird my bad.
That lad who mis-controlled the ball was the immediate threat.
You have to go to the immediate threat.
If the player had controlled the ball he would’ve had an opportunity for a decent strike on goal.
Meanwhile, Tavernier would’ve been covering a player who wasn’t the immediate threat.
That would’ve really gone down well on here.

He thought Ojo was the better ball and defender cut it out. Not the end of the world, some posters just look for anything to get on his back. Not meaning you by the way.
Ojo was, without doubt the easier ball in an attacking sense.
Morelos was the easier ball to play but not the easier chance to get a goal from.
And that was our problem.
That’s where Tavernier made the error.
Unnecessarily chasing a second goal.
That said, if he had taken it into the corner and YB had still managed a goal, there’s have been hell to pay.

I feared the worst when Tav pulled up towards the end.

See how we’d deal with the tough fixtures ahead without him...

Tav was going to intercept a cross field pass. The ball was very high. Unfortunately Hoarau is enormous. Look at how high the ball is when he touches it. Had he missed it like Tav anticipated he was easily cutting the ball out from it's intended target.

Some folks wish to blame him for all our ill's is beyond parody now.

I still have to pinch myself we have the current first choice Croatia attacking left back.
And we have a right back who cost peanuts who provides even more assists than him.

Back