Full transcript of every word Marcelo Bielsa said in Leeds United spygate conference

Basically he's told the press about how Derby do things. I think it's a way of saying GIRFUY to Lampard who called him out. Strange but nutty behaviour.

From an operational excellence / lessons learned / LfE point of view, this is tremendous stuff from Bielsa and shows the sheer hard work and sports science that goes into preparing to face an opponent.

he is an excellent tactician -the fact that all the top coaches in the world agree and hold him in such high regard. Still find it bizarre he is the Leeds manager - must be getting paid a fortune!

Brilliant, if you know your opponent inside out and know what tactical change they are going to make before they have even made it gives u the upper hand.

Its a hell of alot of man hours to gather this info and must be infuriating if u lose a game but if leeds win the league itll be all worth it.

Class act

Have to say I find the outrage over the spying absolutely hilarious, they have done nothing wrong.

100% ahead to our next game, against that mob from the east, we send someone down to their training with a video camera just to bam them up.

Have to say I find the outrage over the spying absolutely hilarious, they have done nothing wrong.

100% ahead to our next game, against that mob from the east, we send someone down to their training with a video camera just to bam them up.

Definitely has to be done for novelty factor

I really don’t get the uproar about this. Surely it’s a top coach covering all angles in a job which he’s getting paid well to win games.

Is there a rule in the football league against this?

I really don’t get the uproar about this. Surely it’s a top coach covering all angles in a job which he’s getting paid well to win games.

Is there a rule in the football league against this?

Sounds to me as if it’s a sort of gentleman’s agreement to not do this kind of thing but Bielsa lives for the patter and does what he wants and everyone is getting raging about it. Can’t imagine there’s actually any rules against this as how is it different from watching another teams games?

The only thing wrong with all of that is that there is no rules against spying on your opponents training. To me it does make a difference otherwise he wouldn't do it.

The rest of his analysis is incredible and amazing he went through all that with the media. If he was in Scotland he would have been ridiculed as a funny foreigner speaking nonsense.

This is why he is a great manager and the likes of Warburton and his it only matter what we do attitude soon fails.

Back