Fundraiser Spinal Cord Injured - help needed.

SirWalterSmith

Hi Guys

I hope everyone is well and staying safe. I hope this is ok to post but please remove if not.

I have decided due to a close friend having a roadside accident and becoming tetraplegic to do a virtual fundraiser for Spinal Cord Injuries Association.

They have supported him during his time at hospital, providing peer support, free legal advice, and sorting aftercare for him and counselling as he comes to terms with it.

These injuries really are life changing, most end up paralysed, paraplegic or tetraplegic, So the funds raised will be used to enable them to continue to support anyone who suffers an SCI (Spinal Cord Injury). Today 7 people in the UK will suffer one, there is 50,000 nationally (enough to fill Ibrox). If they dont get help from the Spinal Centres, their chances of recovery are much slimmer. The NHS at the current time is having to close these units due to Covid pressures, so the work they do is more vital than ever in terms of nursing, peer support, welfare advice, and advocacy to make sure they get the correct care package.

I know there are so many amazing appeals on here, so please just auction items, they do not necessarily have to be rangers, anything auctionable

I do not wish to ask for money or do a justgiving at the current time, I think everyone is skint enough

All i am looking for is rangers items or items for our virtual raffle, this can be anything, but please nothing that is valued or anything you dont need. Just anything thats fit for raffle.

The club have indicated they will support us which is fantastic, so anything from anyone would be extremely valued and appreciated

I would also like to salute @onceuponabriggsbear for his support again this year. A true gent and a true rangers man

If you have anything pm me or leave a comment below.

Thanks for reading

SWS

I hope you get plenty of stuff.

Thanks mate. Got an item coming from the club and from @onceuponabriggsbear who is an amazing but really struggling for rafflle items otherwise. Wrote to a few local businesses but had no traction/replies.

Its a tough time for everyone, just trying to help the Spinal Cord Centres as they really do need a big hand.

No worries either way.

Got something from the RFC Charity Foundation to get the ball rolling, brilliant work they do, we really are the people :)

There is a Masonic fraternity called Shriners International and we have hospitals / medical centres for children (up to 18 years of age), with patients from around the globe; each hospital having its own specialty ... burns victims, spinal injuries, cleft pallet, missing limbs, etc. More info on the website: https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/locatio
There is a Masonic fraternity called Shriners International and we have hospitals / medical centres for children (up to 18 years of age), with patients from around the globe; each hospital having its own specialty ... burns victims, spinal injuries, cleft pallet, missing limbs, etc. More info on the website: https://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/shc/locatons
Are these not American tho mate?

Just spoke to Tag65 and he will post the donation from abroad to my house and I will get it over to you SWS

Looks as though you are beginning to accumulate some great stuff for your fundraising event SWS.
Yeah 3 donations in a week. Pretty decent but no surprise. And thanks for your amazing hellp :)

Bump.

Probably leave the thread for a few weeks. Still struggling a bit for donations if anyone can help.

Thank you so much

Have you wrote to the club? I'd imagine signed tops, even with the number 55 on the back would attract decent bids for your cause? I have nothing to offer but will take part in your raffle if it's online

Have you wrote to the club? I'd imagine signed tops, even with the number 55 on the back would attract decent bids for your cause? I have nothing to offer but will take part in your raffle if it's online
Hi mate. We got a tour off the club which was fantastic in the times we live in. But obviously isn't something we can raffle in current times

We have pledged from @scottsmum @Der Hammer1 and @TAG65 @onceuponabriggsbear which is amazing .can't fault the rangers family.

Yes in previous times I'd have sent a shirt in to the club but the players quite rightly won't be near the mail or the fans which is quite understandable

i would like to extend my thanks to @Robert Marshall today. Not only did he take time out his day to come and visit me. He also dropped off 3 signed photos and a pair of signed gloves. He also would not take any postage or petrol money.

I think he gets flak on here (sometimes) but like you and I he bleeds blue.

Everyone when the louden opens should go in and have a pint. Support the events, hes doing miracles keeping it going while many are folding so there is somewhere you and I have to go on a matchday.

People go on about the blue pound, but it isnt about that, it's about us as a community, hopefully next season, we can all have a proper title party there.

I would like to thank him again on behalf of the Spinal Cord Injured community, and thank you for his time and support at a difficult time.

We the rangers family are the best in the world.

We are the people.

Back