Furious Rangers hit out over Celtic fan allocation as Ibrox side claim Council's decision 'doesn't make sense'

Our Club really need to challenge this decision as it makes no sense whatsoever, take GCC to task. There is no balance, no science, the numbers are in black and white so why the disparity between what we are allowed vs them in the same city on the same day? Surly they cannot wriggle out of this one?

Looking at the numbers they quote in percentages it would appear they have assessed the DhimDome’s ‘safe’ capacity at 24,000 (circa 40%) and Ibrox at 17,000 (circa 34%). Why the difference? Maybe the narrow corridors in the massive Main Stand at our place? Who knows.

Moving on then, they say attendances start - post 19 July, so ignoring the 2 ‘test’ events at 2000 prior to that date - at 50% then 75% and then 100% of the ‘safe’ limit. Hence we get 8500 for Brighton, 12,750 for Real Madrid and 17,000 v Livi (that’s 50%, 75% and 100% of our ‘safe’ limit respectively).

On that basis, and that’s what they work to according to their own statement, the Dhims should have had 12,000 v the Danes, 18,000 v West Ham and then 24,000 for their next home game, given their ‘safe’ limit of 24,000. They only got 9000 v the Danes.

So the story on percentages doesn’t stack up. And that’s before looking to why there’s a difference in ‘safe’ capacity limits,
We should bring our flags and Pyro to the stadium at the weekend. Make up the discriminatory difference in attendance, by filling Edmiston Drive with colour and songs. GCC are vermin, who don't even have or want to have any semblance of even handedness. Country's Donald ducked.

Looking at the numbers they quote in percentages it would appear they have assessed the DhimDome’s ‘safe’ capacity at 24,000 (circa 40%) and Ibrox at 17,000 (circa 34%). Why the difference? Maybe the narrow corridors in the massive Main Stand at our place? Who knows.

Moving on then, they say attendances start - post 19 July, so ignoring the 2 ‘test’ events at 2000 prior to that date - at 50% then 75% and then 100% of the ‘safe’ limit. Hence we get 8500 for Brighton, 12,750 for Real Madrid and 17,000 v Livi (that’s 50%, 75% and 100% of our ‘safe’ limit respectively).

On that basis, and that’s what they work to according to their own statement, the Dhims should have had 12,000 v the Danes, 18,000 v West Ham and then 24,000 for their next home game, given their ‘safe’ limit of 24,000. They only got 9000 v the Danes.

So the story on percentages doesn’t stack up. And that’s before looking to why there’s a difference in ‘safe’ capacity limits,
The glaring thing missing from the council explanation was the Parkhead safe capacity.

You're right, it must be 24,500. We need to be urgently challenging why ours is 7,500 less and 6% less of our total capacity. As a minimum surely ours is the same overall percentage as theirs, which would take us over 20,000.

Where is the actual statement from Rangers ? I haven’t seen one that they are furious . I’ve seen speculation . I’ve no time for the council and it’s incumbents however if this was some pro Celtic cover up why only give them 9000 for their most important game of the season arguably ? I think it’s just a total mess and they are clueless , bungling fools staggering around in the dark making up numbers .

Pity the “Source” didn’t say due to this clear victimisation Rangers will be suing GCC for loss of earnings as it’s clear their rationale for the difference in attendance figures is made up and frankly laughable

GCC have a known reputation for favouring the scum and this is another example

Council Land for £1, planning approvals, hiring Parkpaed for city council business at high costs, etc. Refusing Rangers a fanzone

The evidence is clear that GCC are biased in favour of the scum

The glaring thing missing from the council explanation was the Parkhead safe capacity.

You're right, it must be 24,500. We need to be urgently challenging why ours is 7,500 less and 6% less of our total capacity. As a minimum surely ours is the same overall percentage as theirs, which would take us over 20,000.
I get the odd bit of info from a Civil Servant who’s working on this ScoGov Safety Advisory Group. I only know him vaguely as he’s the son of my best friends mate - so it’s third hand effectively and I don’t contact him directly.

Seemingly they did go into a lot of detail when setting the limits, and the primary focus has been on entrances/exits, concourses, toilets and Hospitality areas. There’s quite a difference in the two limits (circa 6%) and my own guess is that our Main Stand might account for that. Lots of narrow stairwells, cramped concourses etc, and it accounts for a huge chunk of our overall capacity. Much less so than the Dhims equivalent. That’s just my guess though.

So not actual statement from us instead an article in a newspaper claiming we are 'furious'

I would rather wait until we did an official one , afterall we are good at making statements

No doubt there is bits in the articles that are right mind you

I get the odd bit of info from a Civil Servant who’s working on this ScoGov Safety Advisory Group. I only know him vaguely as he’s the son of my best friends mate - so it’s third hand effectively and I don’t contact him directly.

Seemingly they did go into a lot of detail when setting the limits, and the primary focus has been on entrances/exits, concourses, toilets and Hospitality areas. There’s quite a difference in the two limits (circa 6%) and my own guess is that our Main Stand might account for that. Lots of narrow stairwells, cramped concourses etc, and it accounts for a huge chunk of our overall capacity. Much less so than the Dhims equivalent. That’s just my guess though.
Hi VB,

Your guess may well be right. But, even if it is, it does sound like they are just making it up as they go along. I haven’t heard of stairwells, concourses etc have any bearing re other events: not Wembley, not Silverstone, not The Open, not Hampden, not Murrayfield, not Wimbledon, not the cricket, nothing. I’d be prepared to bet that there is zero science behind any GCC “analysis”. They are taking us for absolute mugs.

You get Indy cult members on here saying the club you support shouldn't drive the political party you support. Hmm. But when the party you vote for is damaging the club and our country, there's really no defence for that kind of behaviour. SNP rodents.
Doesn't cut both ways with them though.
Happy to parrot the bullshìt "keep football and politics separate" yet follow a party who can't do likewise.

109 MPs/MSPs between Westminster and Holyrood, but none support Rangers or are unwilling to admit they do.

What are the chances of picking out 109 citizens of Scotland, and not finding a Rangers fan?

I'll happily never post about the snp again, just as soon as one of their cultists can explain how they managed to find zero Rangers fans out of 109 people.

Our Club really need to challenge this decision as it makes no sense whatsoever, take GCC to task. There is no balance, no science, the numbers are in black and white so why the disparity between what we are allowed vs them in the same city on the same day? Surly they cannot wriggle out of this one?
Agreed. Words are cheap and if Rangers sit back and simply voice our displeasure, then this will continue.

GCC need to be taken all the way on this blatant show of contempt for our club. I just hope the board are challenging this through the appropriate channels as we speak - it's a total joke

We should bring our flags and Pyro to the stadium at the weekend.

Not with you completely on that one mate. Pyro can be colourful but in the hands of dafties can be downright dangerous particularly in confined spaces.
Lots of narrow stairwells, cramped concourses etc,

I have been on the upper deck in that other stadium as well as the club deck at Ibrox and it is slow slow slow getting out of their ground. There is also the whole congestion issue of the area at Janefield Street which would never have been allowed in construction at our stadium.

Ah but the science ...

“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Sorry to say it but if our Board don’t understand what lies behind this then they need a bloody good shake.
All the shenanigans over discussions in relation to people meeting at Ibrox in March and then trophy lifting & George Sq in May and apparently they still don’t understand why GCC is coming to these decisions? Give me a break.

Every single meeting with GCC must be minuted in great detail and should be made available to media and supporters groups. Anything else plays into GCC’s hand and gives them enough room to mess Rangers FC around.
I’m 100% sure they do.

I hope the club keep pressing and get the attendance increased for Saturday and Sunday.

There are times I feel our club doesn't do enough, you know them across the City would of been doing their usual greetin' and moaning, but we always seem to just accept what gets handed to us. Time our club grew a set of baws. Question and fight everything.

sa.jpg

Because Sectarian Meatloaf says so.

Parkhead passageways and numbers of exits are no better though.

I honestly think we are giving them too much credit, the most likely explanation is they just want to favour Celtic over us.

Any Rangers fan who has ever loaned the SNP their vote are hopefully feeling pretty stupid, any Rangers fan who is planning to vote for them hence forth isn't a Rangers fan, end of!
Can't ban them from Ibrox but you can certainly vett folk and ban them from buses and RSC's. The dirty rats can walk to games and watch them on their todd at home

I have been on the upper deck in that other stadium as well as the club deck at Ibrox and it is slow slow slow getting out of their ground. There is also the whole congestion issue of the area at Janefield Street which would never have been allowed in construction at our stadium.

Ah but the science ...
This routine is reminiscent of the manufactured reports of "damage" to statues in George Square.

WHERE is the actual scientific analysis for this discrepancy between Parkhead and Ibrox ?
WHAT is the basis for plucking these numbers out of the air ?

Wouldn't be surprised if safety and attendance numbers within Glasgow were developed by the GCC Procurement team.

They seem to have a random number generator when it comes to facts, figures and values.

So the time lines and attendances allowed figures are:

17 July: Rangers v Arsenal - 2,000; Celtic v Preston - 2,000

20 July: Celtic v Midtjylland - 9,000.

24 July: Rangers v Brighton - 8,500 (why the 500 difference incidentally between this and their 9,000?); Celtic v West Ham - 18,500.

25 July: Rangers v Real Madrid - 12,750 (now we have a 5,750 difference - why?).

31 July: Rangers v Livingston - 17,000 (referred to as Rangers’ “COVID safety crowd limit” - is this an actual thing? If so, what is the criteria for determining it? If it is based on capacity of Ibrox and Parkhead then the numbers still don’t make sense. Nor does it make sense if you aren’t in any event maximising social distancing by opening all sections of the stadiums. And that is before you get into the fact that, as someone pointed out the other day, Ibrox is effectively compartmentalised into 12 or so different parts (I can’t quite recall what the number was but it was about 12 I think).

Celtic are “encouraged by the indicative figure of around 24,500 for the subsequent home game”. Is that them v Dundee on 7 August? Or a European game on 3/4 August (when we are away to Malmö / Helsinki)? If they are getting it for the European game, what are they then going to get for Dundee? Another increase? Why is there no mention of a Celtic “COVID safety crowd limit” and, if there is one, what is it and why does it differ from ours?

9 August: restrictions scheduled to lift.

10 August: Rangers v Malmö / Helsinki - full house expected.

Glasgow City Council’s statement just does not stand up to scrutiny, even against their own “explanation”. We both started at 2,000 fans. Two games later we are at 12,750 and they are at 18,500. Three games later we are at 17,000 and they are at 24,500.

I don’t think a “seethe” from Rangers is quite good enough here. The club should be demanding answers here and I’m sure they are. Whilst I understand why the club generally prefer to try to be diplomatic and do things behind close doors rather than have everything played out bitterly and in public, there are times when blatant double standards need to be laid bare and publicly called out. This feels like one of them.

How often do we hear about discrimination in Scotland, particularly the west coast of Scotland? Yet this sort of thing plays itself out like this. And, worse still, it plays itself out and nobody truly calls it out. We rant and rave on FF and the like and Rangers sources talk of “seething” but that’s it. That’s the extent of our voice. If the boot was on the other foot then this would be playing out in a very different way. James Dornan and co would be all over it.

And as an aside, the silence from Club 1872, the “fans’ group”, is deafening.
Great post!

Rangers were left seething after Glasgow council chiefs green-lighted Celtic’s request to welcome in 18,500 fans for their Saturday friendly – 10,000 more than Steven Gerrard’s champions have been allowed to host across the city just two hours later.

But local authority chiefs insist they are only following safety guidelines after ordering Gers to leave Ibrox more than three-quarters empty for their clash with Brighton while at the same time giving Celtic the thumbs up to stage the biggest crowd in Scotland since the start of the pandemic.

Gerrard’s squad are gearing up for a glamour double header against Graham Potter’s Premier League outfit on Saturday, with Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid then visiting Govan the following day.

Gers announced earlier this week they would use the tune-up clashes to ramp up their preparations for the return to full houses.

The Brighton game - which kicks-off at 5.30pm - will be staged in front of 8,500 fans, with 12,500 lucky ballot winners then set to pile through the turnstiles for Sunday’s showdown with the Galacticos.

Rangers plan to increase the capacity further to 17,000 for their first league game of the new season against Livingston on July 31 before hopefully throwing the gates open and staging a 51,000 sell-out for their Champions League clash with Malmo or Helsinki on August 10 - they day after Scotland’s covid restrictions are due to be lifted.

But the news the Hoops will run out to a crowd of 18,500 fans for their 3pm warm-up match with West Ham on Saturday has left both Ibrox chiefs and fans alike stunned.

A well-placed Ibrox source told Record Sport : “The board are not happy about this at all.

“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

However, council bosses say the discrepancy is down to the fact a graduated build-up for large scale events has been agreed with the Scotland’s Safety Advisory Group, which regulates attendances.

As Celtic hosted 9,000 fans for Tuesday’s European qualifier with Midtjylland, they can now increase the capacity for the Hammers showdown.

But because Rangers’ clash with Brighton is the first since Scotland moved to Level Zero conditions on Monday, they are only allowed to make use of around 50 per cent of Ibrox’s current 17,000 Covid-safety crowd limit - with the proportion jumping to 75 and then 100 per cent for the matches against Real and Livingston.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council explained: “We really want to see events, including matches, back as close to normal as the regulations allow. It’s good for the economy and frankly it’s just good for people to be able to do the things they love doing.

“But in doing it safely, we’re stepping up how many people can be in stadiums match by match, starting at 50% of safe capacity, then 75%, then 100%. We think this gives the right balance and allows Glasgow’s clubs to start moving towards normality.”

While Rangers are upset by the approach, Celtic bosses have welcomed the decision which will see Parkhead beat the country’s previous pandemic crowd record of 16,500 for the British & Irish Lions rugby clash at Murrayfield last month.
*A well-placed Ibrox source told Record Sport*

Utter bollocks!

Rangers were left seething after Glasgow council chiefs green-lighted Celtic’s request to welcome in 18,500 fans for their Saturday friendly – 10,000 more than Steven Gerrard’s champions have been allowed to host across the city just two hours later.

But local authority chiefs insist they are only following safety guidelines after ordering Gers to leave Ibrox more than three-quarters empty for their clash with Brighton while at the same time giving Celtic the thumbs up to stage the biggest crowd in Scotland since the start of the pandemic.

Gerrard’s squad are gearing up for a glamour double header against Graham Potter’s Premier League outfit on Saturday, with Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid then visiting Govan the following day.

Gers announced earlier this week they would use the tune-up clashes to ramp up their preparations for the return to full houses.

The Brighton game - which kicks-off at 5.30pm - will be staged in front of 8,500 fans, with 12,500 lucky ballot winners then set to pile through the turnstiles for Sunday’s showdown with the Galacticos.

Rangers plan to increase the capacity further to 17,000 for their first league game of the new season against Livingston on July 31 before hopefully throwing the gates open and staging a 51,000 sell-out for their Champions League clash with Malmo or Helsinki on August 10 - they day after Scotland’s covid restrictions are due to be lifted.

But the news the Hoops will run out to a crowd of 18,500 fans for their 3pm warm-up match with West Ham on Saturday has left both Ibrox chiefs and fans alike stunned.

A well-placed Ibrox source told Record Sport : “The board are not happy about this at all.

However, council bosses say the discrepancy is down to the fact a graduated build-up for large scale events has been agreed with the Scotland’s Safety Advisory Group, which regulates attendances.

As Celtic hosted 9,000 fans for Tuesday’s European qualifier with Midtjylland, they can now increase the capacity for the Hammers showdown.

But because Rangers’ clash with Brighton is the first since Scotland moved to Level Zero conditions on Monday, they are only allowed to make use of around 50 per cent of Ibrox’s current 17,000 Covid-safety crowd limit - with the proportion jumping to 75 and then 100 per cent for the matches against Real and Livingston.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council explained: “We really want to see events, including matches, back as close to normal as the regulations allow. It’s good for the economy and frankly it’s just good for people to be able to do the things they love doing.

“But in doing it safely, we’re stepping up how many people can be in stadiums match by match, starting at 50% of safe capacity, then 75%, then 100%. We think this gives the right balance and allows Glasgow’s clubs to start moving towards normality.”

While Rangers are upset by the approach, Celtic bosses have welcomed the decision which will see Parkhead beat the country’s previous pandemic crowd record of 16,500 for the British & Irish Lions rugby clash at Murrayfield last month.
Jesus another record for the filth, to go along with 8.75,20minute trophy and many more,if any neutral people or people with sense, read that last paragraph and think,Scottish mhedia and ceptic crowing about crowd records, during slowly getting out of a pandemic,must realise this wee country has gone down the plughole!utterly disgusting

My thanks to Admin for deleting the troll.

Back to the subject. Is there any appeal mechanism or higher body to take our justifiable case for greater numbers?

I was of the impression that the girodome have narrow concourses to enter and exit their stadium- remember the pictures from around 2019 about crushing

Get this through your thick uneducated skull, my vote is of no concern to you!!

Rangers are a football team, they have not and never will play for politics! This way of thinking needs to change amongst our support!!

EVERYONE ANYONE
Politics and Football are linked in Scotland though, that's an undeniable fact, i wish they weren't but they are
To vote for a party that actively wants to damage Rangers while helping and protecting celtic but still trying to claim you are a Rangers fan makes no sense, they are hurting the club they claim to support
Politics and football can't be separated in Scotland

I was of the impression that the girodome have narrow concourses to enter and exit their stadium- remember the pictures from around 2019 about crushing
They do. Access and egress from the piggery is miles worse than at Ibrox.

Back