Further stadium improvements?

To be fair he's right though. We understand the past but that doesn't make out that we don't want to improve, and only way to improve is to rip out the rust and get it gleaming again, no point on having fancy led boards etc if not going to replace the old. I understand it takes time and there's alot to do.

Go to any football stadium in the land and there will be wee bits that are not great if you look for them hard enough. Our club operation is absolutely massive, if the top of the dugouts that are seen by a very small number are not quite up to scratch I think we can live with that for a bit. I just can’t understand the motivation to go to watch Rangers and then pick out dirty dugouts, each to their own though.

The UBs have their own painted mural on the wall in the concourse in BF1, it would be a good if the club came to some agreement with the UBs alongside some of the young fans in the BR to design and decorate the Family Section concourse
I would happily dig out the acrylics and do a mural or 2 :)

Go to any football stadium in the land and there will be wee bits that are not great if you look for them hard enough. Our club operation is absolutely massive, if the top of the dugouts that are seen by a very small number are not quite up to scratch I think we can live with that for a bit. I just can’t understand the motivation to go to watch Rangers and then pick out dirty dugouts, each to their own though.
If its noticeable then it needs done, a gripe of mines was always the top of the mainstand and the lattice work on the mainstand, both have been done. The club know these things need to be done. But as said it takes time as Ibrox is still in the TLC stage.

I've stuck a bigger telly in the corner. Instant improvement! B-)

20210726-223116.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if we make improvements outside the stadium when the New Edmiston house is complete.

in the artist drawings it looked as if the the Copland Road was to be clad differently. I think we will see the use of screens and lights outside the stadium

I’ll add in my customary vote for the toilets in the Copland to be refurbished (& in advance can folk lay off with stickers inside Ibrox? Unnecessary / poor show using them especially is club is spending money to renovate the place

As an aside I saying to my pal last night how strange it is to see the back of the Copland as you walk up Edmiston drive now the old building has been demolished / building work is ongoing for the museum .

realistically will never get that angle / view again once the museum is up

The gap on the LED boards at the Govan corners where it’s meets the Broomie and Copland will annoy me until they’re fixed

Glad we fixed the blue crosses with badges in the Main Stand

Big Screens are pretty shit now

Club deck toilets are miles better than any of the rest in the stadium

The pictures in the toilets need replaced, they annoy the life out of me

Deep clean in the toilets wouldn’t be much to ask for.

The stale pish smell is there whether you’re in 5 mins before KO or an hour early. It seems ever present

Ha Ha we are definitely back when we are complaining about the state of the dug out roofs,smelly bogs and pictures of long transferred players in the concourse.
It makes you forget the days when you were afraid to open a newspaper to find out what the latest atrocity the rat spivs had carried out.
Seriously the priority has been the team,I am sure we will have some Champions League money left over to address these issues.

The yellow corner cladding and the small thin similar cladding that runs the length of the back or Broomy & Copland look horrific, and as others have said why do half the job and then stop for 18 months? It looks terrible now.

I know that the external gray cladding just under the yellow plastic along the length of both stands was cleaned, but it also still looks horrific and could use a whitewash. This significantly takes the look off the rest of the improvements which have been excellent and for which teh club should be commended.

Perhaps the greatest mystery in all of this is why nobody can seem to get an answer from the club about why a seemingly lowish cost repair of this nature has been neglected, I asked the SLO and he said he couldn't find out why.

As an aside I saying to my pal last night how strange it is to see the back of the Copland as you walk up Edmiston drive now the old building has been demolished / building work is ongoing for the museum .

realistically will never get that angle / view again once the museum is up
Be good to get photos of that now while that view is available before it changes.

Wish they would power wash the walkway bricksat the back of sandy jardine stand there disgusting.iv seen people clean there family bricks.
The back of the Jardine looks like it hasn't been jet washed in years.
Some people have to walk over bird crap just to see their bricks.
Last summer the walkway around the Broomloan was power cleaned, why did they stop at the North West corner???

The board are doing fantastic but does anyone know what else is planned?

I know it's probably been done to death but is there any update of that creamy/beige brick/paneling at the top of the stadium round the outside? It looks terrible.
Hopefully the concourse around the stadium is going to get tarred ?

Getting an extra 5000-10000 seats in would be lovely but think that's a medium term goal according to John Bennett short term I'd like to see some concourse improvement and add more variety in terms of food stands

no chance of that. The club has inexplicably went and given azure another bumper catering contract so it will be more of the same food quality

The board are doing fantastic but does anyone know what else is planned?

I know it's probably been done to death but is there any update of that creamy/beige brick/paneling at the top of the stadium round the outside? It looks terrible.
I'd love to see some top notch modern graffiti artwork in Govan Rear as we have huge swathes of empty white (ish) walls....also a wee roof would be nice as you can look up and see the wiring, plumbing and bottom of the seats....

When they did away with the maintenance boys after 2012, then brought subbys in that kinda ripped the soul out of the stadium in terms of the day to day work.

There used to be, years and years ago about 5 sparks, 5 joiners, painters plumbers the lot, they whittled it down to 1 spark, (my old man) 1 joiner (big george) and 1 plumber (wee george Reynolds) and a couple of others. Folk on here will
known george the joiner and George the plumber. All they boys loved the club and worked their arses off in limited circumstances where not a lot was being spent and resources were limited at times.

What the club needs to do is get back to the days of having the proper, fully club employed, maintenance team led by someone who isn’t a total fuckwit. If there was a full time employed team, battering in to whatever work needs done, the toilets wouldn’t stink and the place would be looking well.

They got shot of the facilities manager, maybe deservedly so but that’s for another day, and they replaced him with a guy who doesn’t really give a shit and a guy who subbys his company out to do %^*& all. The facilities dept was always one of the worst run department within the club, even worse than the ticket office snd that’s saying something!!

Maintenance department loyal. Bring them back and the place would look great again.

Back