Future away ticket allocation

• Thread starter Deleted by own request member
  • Start date
D

Deleted by own request member

When (if) things go back to normality it will be interesting to see how many clubs stick by their ticketing policies they adopted this season for our away fans.
These clubs will be looking to repair some of the damage done by the shut down and no doubt will be looking to the thousands of bears they were happy to leave out at the beginning of this season
Personally I hope Rangers tell them we will take the allocation they were happy to give us before this happened.

If this corrupt pile of shite to hand the filth the title is voted through then we shouldn’t be taking any away tickets at all. And i say that as someone who goes to away games.

They voted us down in 2012 to maintain sporting integrity even though they knew it would hit them in the pocket. If they now, as we expect, vote against sporting integrity purely for a quick financial payout then it will show them up for the Rangers hating scumbags they are.

Our club and support cannot sit back and accept this one.

I have absolutely no idea what this means

There are threads on here for every away game, with posters delighted at getting away tickets, while others moan at not getting one.
No matter how many times people ask to reject tickets it’s not going to happen.
Posters love watching a Rangers more than they hate other clubs.
Its different from other clubs that they hate Rangers more than they love their own club.
Its as simple as that.

There are threads on here for every away game, with posters delighted at getting away tickets, while others moan at not getting one.
No matter how many times people ask to reject tickets it’s not going to happen.
Posters love watching a Rangers more than they hate other clubs.
Its different from other clubs that they hate Rangers more than they love their own club.
Its as simple as that.

The thread is about rangers taking the same amount of tickets they were allocated this season. Not about rejecting tickets or a boycott

The club tried it with Dundee United, didn't work, wont happen again because of the supporters who didn't boycott.

that was a big success only 300 went or so compared to thousands. The 300 was pathetic though but none the less thousands of regular attendees can be proud we never scabbed it.

I dont go to away games since it that happened and never will again, not uber just my opinion just as every bear has one.
I wish we took no tickets from any club but it will never happen.
I am the same as yourself. I have not gone to any away game since we went down. If our club and supporters continue to take tickets even after Celtic are given the title. I will cancel my season ticket. I don't think I will be the only one.

Well said, i support my club more than i hate other clubs. Won’t stop going to away games unless the club stops taking an allocation.
Please just stop this nonsense . Football supporters go to games. Laptop fans propose boycot's of games they weren't going to anyway.

Please just stop this nonsense . Football supporters go to games. Laptop fans propose boycot's of games they weren't going to anyway.

I go home and away. There’s no suggestion of boycotting anywhere in the post. Did you read it properly?

CCS scheme is bouncing the now with some people still on 2 tickets.

Fans and RSCs would be outraged if the club knocked back a chance to allow more away tickets per season.

When (if) things go back to normality it will be interesting to see how many clubs stick by their ticketing policies they adopted this season for our away fans.
These clubs will be looking to repair some of the damage done by the shut down and no doubt will be looking to the thousands of bears they were happy to leave out at the beginning of this season
Personally I hope Rangers tell them we will take the allocation they were happy to give us before this happened.
They will be begging us to fill their stands, Hearts will be offering the full stand, if they are still in the SPL that is, Kilmarnock will be back to both ends once again and teams like St Johnstone and Hamilton will give us as many stands as we want. They will keep the home dugout for their own fans as they will be that desperate for cash.

Regardless of the outcome to the ongoing fiasco, in our quest for 55, surely having as many Bears attending these grounds as possible would be an advantage?
I understand the sentiment behind the OP's proposal, however I honestly don't think it would be successful. As others have mentioned, for many the love of our team outweighs the hate for others.

Rangers will accept an allocation and fans who avidly travel away will buy them so we can follow the team.

It's not difficult to work it out, tbh.

I went to every away game I could get a ticket for prior to 2012. Ever since then I refuse to even consider lining the pockets of the other clubs without exception.

Not sure where I fall into your generalisation. There will be plenty who take a similar stance.

Not sure why you don't think the outcome of this could see more fans adopt this stance. Like it or not it happens.

As for the Dundee Utd boycott. 500 paying £25 is a hell of a lot less than 5,000 paying £25. In my book that is a reasonable success to the tune of £112k. A lot of cash to that mob.

I went to every away game I could get a ticket for prior to 2012. Ever since then I refuse to even consider lining the pockets of the other clubs without exception.

Not sure where I fall into your generalisation. There will be plenty who take a similar stance.

Not sure why you don't think the outcome of this could see more fans adopt this stance. Like it or not it happens.

As for the Dundee Utd boycott. 500 paying £25 is a hell of a lot less than 5,000 paying £25. In my book that is a reasonable success to the tune of £112k. A lot of cash to that mob.
Remember it was a Cup match so Dundee Utd would only have got half of that money.

Our fans accepted the vote in 2012, they’ll do the same in 2020. It’s our biggest weakness.

Amongst the many stupid things I read on here advocating a course of action that will lead to the Rangers not winning as many matches is right up there among the daftest.

Do you think the games we have lost this season is down to the number of fans in the ground?

The thread is about rangers taking the same amount of tickets they were allocated this season. Not about rejecting tickets or a boycott

Just like St Johnstone last year, they gave us more tickets after reducing allocation for 1st game, what happened? Rangers fans bought them.
What I was saying earlier, no matter how many tickets they have previously given us, there will always be Rangers supporters disappointed at not getting one.

Scottish football authorities are living in the dark ages,until that is sorted out we will always be getting this inept shite thrown at us unfortunately

Just like St Johnstone last year, they gave us more tickets after reducing allocation for 1st game, what happened? Rangers fans bought them.
What I was saying earlier, no matter how many tickets they have previously given us, there will always be Rangers supporters disappointed at not getting one.
St Johnstone never reduced our allocation. They just gave us an extra stand on top of our usual allocation.

Would love if the Colts/Swifts played on a Saturday at Ibrox when the first team is due to play away from home.

Preferable a 2 o'clock kick off so that I could get up and down the A9 at a decent time :))

St Johnstone never reduced our allocation. They just gave us an extra stand on top of our usual allocation.

My apologies, I thought they had changed the stand nearest their shop to a family section.
However my point still stands, they increased allocation and Rangers fans still bought them.

Would love if the Colts/Swifts played on a Saturday at Ibrox when the first team is due to play away from home.

Preferable a 2 o'clock kick off so that I could get up and down the A9 at a decent time :))

If I remember correctly they done this for a season with the reserves. There was parts in your old season book you used for the reserve games. The pitch ended up a disaster

Back