Future Manager?

I don't fancy any ex player at this moment in time not for me. I hope our next manager Is a top manager to take us too 3 in row after SG leaves for anfield

Sometimes it's the less glamorous players who surprise you the most in management...Steven Pressley anyone?! :D

Please whatever happens no more wild punts like Pedro.

I wasn't that thrilled when we got Gerrard either to be honest given that he had no experience as a manager but I could see some logic behind it, Pedro however made absolutely no sense.

First and foremost I want Rangers to win and in my opinion we need to be almost impossible to beat and for Rangers to be the bully rather than be bullied. Lovely football is lovely until Hearts, Kilmarnock and Livingston give us a fight and we lose the physical battle.

Teams hate us and will do anything to take points off of us. Good for them, they are well within their rights to try and win no matter what. Also %^*& them, we're Rangers and I want us to be ruthless and be scared of no one.

Not to be a broken record, but Walter basically. Easier said than done of course finding someone like that. Ex player wise Kevin Thomson could possibly be that person, I have a feeling that Kenny Miller could be a decent manager. Then again I thought Davie Weir would be too until I heard the "we don't do that" stuff in regards to defending set pieces.

I'd much rather we stayed clear of a foreign manager as the game is different here. Many foreign players have said that they are shocked at the speed and the physically of football in Scotland and this too often isn't taken into account.

No one has any idea who would make a good manager.

Being a lazy b*stard or sh1te on the pitch is no guarantee of being a sh1te manager.

Likewise, being a good player or leader on the pitch is no guarantee of being a top manager off it.

Gattuso is a very good shout. One of the few ex players who I could actually see wanting the job and getting it.

Why does defoe keep getting mentioned as a future manager? Because hes a model professional?

Does he even want to get into management?

Being a model professional doesnt make you a good manager.

If Gerrard fails then theres no way will try a project like that again anyway.

John Eustace with Erik Bo Andersen as assistant.

"Scenes" !

FWIW, i think Defoe would make a better assistant manager/coach than an actual lead manager.
First step for Defoe is to put him through his badges and see how he does as a forwards coach. I think there is potential there from the way he talks about the game. It leads me to think he’d be very good at explaining tactics and routines to younger players.

Madjid Bougherra.
Just been appointed as technical Director for Algerian national team and is also coach of the Algerian domestic league representative team.
I reckon he will turn out to be a top coach and a great leader.

First step for Defoe is to put him through his badges and see how he does as a forwards coach. I think there is potential there from the way he talks about the game. It leads me to think he’d be very good at explaining tactics and routines to younger players.
Exactly my thinking

I would like to see any former player gain experience in managing at a club before managing our team , imo

People saying Thomson, he has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is capable of being a decent manager.

Bizarre so many people said his name.

There is as much chance as another random player like Bruno Alves or Lee McCulloch managing us until Thomson actually does something in management.

What makes ye think that mate? Genuine question.
Not sure, just think that he's a proper football man who could probably put something back. Listening to Andy halliday, he rates him highly for commitment and dedication. Also think his pissed offfness with Pedro was frustration from someone who believes he can do better

If Barca and Real can promote from within why cant we? If he has the proper credentials then why not?

Because those that are promoted from within at Barca/Madrid have fancy foreign continental names and our possible promoted coaches are called Kevin. That's the top and bottom of it imo.

I'd say Kevin Thomson has as good a chance as anyone to make it as Rangers manager.

Thomson doesn’t hide that he wants the job one day. If that’s going to happen he’ll probably need to leave within the next year or two and go and get first team experience. Alternatively if it goes tits up with Gerrard (hopefully not) he might get chucked in the deep end and swim.

Van Bronkhorst is a good shout but I think our next manager is already at the club. When Gerrard eventually moves on it wouldn't surprise me if Gary McAllister stays as manager.

Gattuso has just won the italian cup and has a job at a high profile club in serie A.

Would he come to scotland to take in the iconic football stadiums of our time, like ross county on wed night, maybe Hamilton at 12:30 on a sunday. Unless he's on the verge of a breakdown, I cant see it.

I think it’s really disheartening that you’ve all went for Male candidates.

In today’s brave new world, we should be looking at a strong woman to lead us, maybe from the BAME community and importantly someone with links to the club.

The natural choice is Eni Aluko.

Her, or Sam Allardyce.

Back