Future Punishments

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
So, FARE are all our games. They were at St Joseph's clearly. I'm sure they were at Progress and Midtjylland. If 'we' were deemed to have sung anything unacceptable at these games, will they just rack up the punishments?

Do Fare attend any other teams games or is it just us?
Unfortunately, the answer to that is irrelevant. So long as sections of our support act like fannies, they will be at our games. The probably will be there anyway tbh, but its irrelevant.

I'm concerned that UEFA say, at progress you did this. So heres a stand closure. Oh and the next game you did this, so heres a stadium closure.

The fact UEFA used the word Racist chants is to part that gets me as for the life of me I cannot think of a single song of chant that is of that nature.

As has been mentioned we've been reported every time. I think it's more likely UEFA have finally had enough and taken action as a detterent. But who really knows.

They are UEFAs primary partner in their anti-racism campaign so I'd say they will be well represented at other matches as well. I don't think there is any argument that by attending EVERY ONE of the Rangers games they are targeting us. Unfortunately its difficult to argue against that when UEFA find that we have a case to answer. The only way to stop this is to get our house in order - and then complain.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the answer to that is irrelevant. So long as sections of our support act like fannies, they will be at our games. The probably will be there anyway tbh, but its irrelevant.

I'm concerned that UEFA say, at progress you did this. So heres a stand closure. Oh and the next game you did this, so heres a stadium closure.
It’s an interesting and scary thought. I’d like to think that we would be given some slack because of the “crimes” coming before the punishment. But it doesn’t always work that way. If you set out on a car journey with a clean licence and go through 4 speed cameras you’d still lose your license

They are UEFAs primary partner in their anti-racism campaign so I'd say they will be well represented at other matches as well. I don't think there is any argument that by attending EVEY ONE of the Rangers games they are targeting us. Unfortunately its difficult to argue against that when UEFA find that we have a case to answer. The only way to stop this is to get our house in order - and then complain.
It will be a long time until we can complain.

The fact UEFA used the word Racist chants is to part that gets me as for the life of me I cannot think of a single song of chant that is of that nature.
Terrible slur on our fans and will be horrific PR

Sectarian yes but not Racist

As I posted on another thread, its a combination of a 'weird' definition from UEFA and the omission of the rest of the clause under which we were charged - it should actually be Racist and Discriminatory Conduct if you look at their Regs.

This is how UEFA define 'Racist and Discriminatory Conduct'.

Any person under the scope of Article 3 who insults the human dignity of a person or group of persons on whatever grounds, including skin colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation, incurs a suspension lasting at least ten matches or a specified period of time, or any other appropriate sanction.

It goes, as you can see, way beyond what most of us would term 'racist'.

Article 14 in their Regs:

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile...CompDisCases/02/60/83/56/2608356_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Even if we do get our house in order whats to stop celtic loving members of FARE reporting us anyway and getting us thrown out of europe yes as a support we need to stop but FARE also need to closely looked at

Unless we wrap it Then we will end up playing behind closed doors. Why can't folk just pack it in? It's moronic

It is and it's not its like saying someone classifies an apple as a cheeseburger. They'd be wrong.
Unfortunately we're competing in their tournament and as a result have to follow their rules if we want to continue doing so. Regardless of the fact it isn't racist, it fits their own definition of the word.

They are UEFAs primary partner in their anti-racism campaign so I'd say they will be well represented at other matches as well. I don't think there is any argument that by attending EVEY ONE of the Rangers games they are targeting us. Unfortunately its difficult to argue against that when UEFA find that we have a case to answer. The only way to stop this is to get our house in order - and then complain.

Cheers mate.

I didn’t like that either, but at the end of the day it’s avoidable if people can sit for 90 minutes without shouting about 19th Century Terrorists, the pope and bobby sands. An extremely big ask it seems.

This is really serious stuff, it’s going to impact the club in a catastrophic manner so I really hope people find a way to engage that 2nd brain cell before we go any further.

Unfortunately we're competing in their tournament and as a result have to follow their rules if we want to continue doing so. Regardless of the fact it isn't racist, it fits their own definition of the word.
I think we need to stop the 19th Century Terrorist stuff it can't continue. However UEFA can't have their own definition of words. A word had its meaning defined by dictionaries not UEFA.

It's possible to say they're full of shite in this respect whilst also accepting whatever they want to call it we need to stop.

We seem to have jumped about ten stages in the disciplinary process.

What about Chelsea with the Salah song last year in the Europa league, spurs homophobic chanting, Chelsea anti-semitic chanting not to mention just about every fascist Italian club over the years.

Given that the broomloan smoking area was closed by the police due to people singing the billy boys - this only has one inevitable conclusion.

I didn’t like that either, but at the end of the day it’s avoidable if people can sit for 90 minutes without shouting about 19th Century Terrorists, the pope and bobby sands. An extremely big ask it seems.

This is really serious stuff, it’s going to impact the club in a catastrophic manner so I really hope people find a way to engage that 2nd brain cell before we go any further.
I agree but to say we’re Racist leaves us open to anyone calling us so because UEFA don’t understand the meaning of the word.

It’s very avoidable as you say by dropping a single word and would like to think it’s being taken seriously from now on in.

Who gives a flying fvck where they attend?

They’ve attended ours and quite clearly fannies sing the usual shite that we’ve been told to cut out numerous times. Not just by uefa but by our own board.

We need to just cut the shite out, it really ain’t that difficult to understand. ( not having a moan at you btw)

I wish dickheads like you would stop slurring our fantastic support.

There was warnings on here before the game that FARE would be at the game, but totally ignored by a load of fannies. As soon as I heard TBB start up I thought here we go. Although I expected a hefty fine, not a part closure.
I just hope that the fannies stay at home this week, I like going to European nights to support my team.

Terrible slur on our fans and will be horrific PR

Sectarian chant yes but not Racist

Horrific.

The UEFA website is available in loads of different languages in loads of different countries.

People worldwide will go on the site and read about ‘racist Rangers’ without getting the full context.

We will be lumped in with CSKA etc

Back