Fwather Forthter returning to them.

JW1988

Official Ticketer
Just saw he’s having a medical ahead of a return.
Always thought he was liable for a few clangers.

Massive improvement on what they currently have, unfortunately.

From other thread

Key stats.

sustained a serious knee injury in March 2015 which ruled him out for the rest of the year along with further injuries in time at Saints.

ESPN described Forster's distribution as "nothing short of appalling"

Forster's poor form continued into January 2017, where it was noted his save/shot ratio was the worst amongst Premier League goalkeepers for the season to date

His indifferent form, however, continued into the new season, with mistakes against Manchester United, Newcastle and Brighton all resulting in Southampton dropping points during the early months in the league

Forster made his first appearance in nearly 2 years in May 2019, playing the full 90 minutes of Southampton's 3–0 defeat at West Ham Utd , his first appearance for the club since December 2017

If he's anywhere near the goalkeeper he was a few years ago, he's a massive upgrade for them. I always thought Bain was poor and was pleasantly surprised Celtic rated him and hoped they'd continue with him.

However, Forster has had a number of injuries and hasn't played regularly in a while. This could pan out a number of ways - hopefully he's not the same player he once was.

Doesn't matter who they bring in, as long as that fuds in charge we will always have far better team unity, and that cant be bought.

Very good goalkeeper and as others have said, a huge improvement for them. Surprised he's wanting back up to the SPFL to be honest.

However, I'm still backing Alfredo AND Jermain to score against them in a couple of weeks. Whoever is in goal for them.

Don't expect to see a "It'th great to be back at theltic" interview any time soon.

They made the mistake of interviewing him once.

As Danny Vermin would say "My mother interviewed me once, ONCE."

Was Craig Gordon not out for a while before joining them and doing well?

He's an upgrade, but in the same way upgrading your Lada for a Skoda is an upgrade. It's loads better, but meh.... ;)

He’s better than Bain but he’s still prone to errors. Shite on crosses and suspect on long distance shots. Hardly played in a couple of years so will take time to get back up to speed.

He's decent and the other 2 are decent. Not an area they were looking to strengthen. Not a signing that strikes fear into the heart of our support I shouldn't think.
Assume it's a loan?

They could have Sepp Maier and it wouldn't make a difference with Lennon in charge

Back