Fwather Forthter returning to them.

barrheadbear

Definitely better than Bain, probably better than Gordon. Is he not majorly injury prone now?
I'm nearer to 60 years old than 50 and I am a better keeper than Bain. A dreadfully poor keeper who got lucky ending up in goal for Celtic last season at a time when they were conceding few goals. These clean sheets gave a false impression that he may be half decent, time has proven otherwise.

Forster is a big improvement on both Bain and Gordon. If it was me he'd be straight into the starting 11.

Gringo

No chance mate.

Dropped to 4th choice at Southampton and has had a couple of horrific seasons with both form and injury.

Probably better than Bain, (wouldn't be hard) but not Gordon, although he is equally as bad as Gordon with the ball at his feet.
Time will tell, Gordon is finished imo, which is why they have sought another keeper.

He’s only 31 too.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

No chance mate.

Dropped to 4th choice at Southampton and has had a couple of horrific seasons with both form and injury.

Probably better than Bain, (wouldn't be hard) but not Gordon, although he is equally as bad as Gordon with the ball at his feet.
Why was Gordon dropped for bain anyways? Seems like that just happened out the blue.

Always rated Gordon. He's not as good as McGregor but he's a solid keeper.

If there's one thing I've noticed about Rangers is we generally have a rock solid keeper on another level from the rest of Scotland. Goram and McGregor in my lifetime and I'm sure there's been belters before aswell. Hopefully McCrorie adds to that list!

HenningBerg

He’s a very good big goalkeeper , probably the best they’ve had in the last 40 years , although that isn’t saying much, it’s a position they’ve traditionally been poor in . At 6ft 7 he has a presence and will help them hugely IF he is over his injury problems .

I keep going back to the same thing though , if we do what we need to do , it doesn’t matter who they sign in the next two weeks . We need to smash teams so that referees can’t cost us points , we need to be clinical and drop Fck all points , and the OF games take care of themselves .

ChinaskiBear

I think Gordon is the better keeper. Foresters form has been shocking when he has played down there.

It's no comparison to shagger who was an international and Hulls player of the year when we signed him. Plus shagger is by far the better keeper. Lennon is looking for allies in that dressing room

Gumbo Pickle Packer

He is probably better than what they have currently but he isn't even second choice at Southampton and apparently hasn't played a first team game in 18 months.

It's pretty clear the board have looked at what Lennon has spent money on and are not prepared to back him further for relative "big" targets.

Both the Record and the Sun have this as a "stunning" target :D

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
One thing about Rangers, we know good goalkeepers.

When in the top league, before the names get fired at me.

WBD

Official Ticketer
Maybe Lennon will play him at left back instead of McGregor?

Leo_Ger

He's played one competitive game for Southampton since Boxing Day 2017 which was a 3-0 pumping off West Ham in April. Largely been inactive for 20 months now as Southampton's 3rd choice keeper.

He was dropped from the Southampton team whilst having the worst saves to goal ratio in the league.

SDF

Was a good keeper.

Remains to be seen if he's still a good keeper.

Clearly 3rd choice at Southampton for a reason.

Still, least the Tims can go back to deluding themselves he's a better keeper than McGregor again.

Steve_french

Don't understand the comments saying he's better etc. We battered him last time he was at the poops and the same will happen again. He's bang avarage and not much better than bain and Gordon. This is good news for Rangers

Bowery Boy

I think Gordon is the better keeper. Foresters form has been shocking when he has played down there.

It's no comparison to shagger who was an international and Hulls player of the year when we signed him. Plus shagger is by far the better keeper. Lennon is looking for allies in that dressing room

A decent point and one I never considered.

Aurelius72

Definitely an upgrade for them compared to Bain and Gordon. Fairly irrelevant for us though, if either Defoe or Morelos goes through 1 on 1 with him, I fancy them to burry it with ease. It’s a fan pleaser signing for them.

ICA_86

Slightly better than Gordon - I’m better than Bain - but not the same keeper he was.

I reckon Lewis at Aberdeen is better.

Bishy Bear

Official Ticketer
Good keeper when he was playing regularly. But obviously not on form just now.

He has played one game since he was 28 and he is now 31.

Scooby

Forster was a good goalkeeper a few years ago, no doubt about that.

The Forster they have signed though is a totally different entity though, it is a gamble that could easily backfire on them.

Ter

If he's 3rd/4th choice at Southampton then there are definite issues there. If his knees are gone after his injury he won't be saving a lot.