Fwather Forthter returning to them.

He isn't the same keeper his once was however he will still be an improvement on their current two. Any improvement that they make is bad in my book. Hopefully he just gets injured again and steals a wage while they go with Bain in goal.

There's a reason he is Southampton's 3rd choice goalkeeper. His form was terrible and he clearly hasn't showed anything in training to justify coming back in to a struggling team. This doesn't worry me in the slightest.

I've never seen a keeper save so many balls with his face in my life. That robbery they got away with against Barcelona were they got out their own half once.

He was a good player for them and if he's close to that level then it will be a big improvement on the dross they have. However sounds like he's not played much at all for years so hopefully he's a rusty expensive calamity for them.

giphy.gif

Equivalent of us upgrading from Alnwick to McGregor.

Massive improvement for them unfortunately.

No chance mate.

Dropped to 4th choice at Southampton and has had a couple of horrific seasons with both form and injury.

Probably better than Bain, (wouldn't be hard) but not Gordon, although he is equally as bad as Gordon with the ball at his feet.

No chance mate.

Dropped to 4th choice at Southampton and has had a couple of horrific seasons with both form and injury.

Probably better than Bain, (wouldn't be hard) but not Gordon, although he is equally as bad as Gordon with the ball at his feet.
Can't see them trying to build out from the back as much under Lennon. Certainly not with the amount of donkeys in that back 4.

From kds

Forster was absolutely gone form wise before he was finally dropped. He's not been able to get his place back. As cover it's somewhat understandable. If he immediately goes into goal it's a massive risk. He's had 3 reserve starts in 18 months (his last start was on 12/26/17)

Definitely better than Bain, probably better than Gordon. Is he not majorly injury prone now?

I'm nearer to 60 years old than 50 and I am a better keeper than Bain. A dreadfully poor keeper who got lucky ending up in goal for Celtic last season at a time when they were conceding few goals. These clean sheets gave a false impression that he may be half decent, time has proven otherwise.

Forster is a big improvement on both Bain and Gordon. If it was me he'd be straight into the starting 11.

No chance mate.

Time will tell, Gordon is finished imo, which is why they have sought another keeper.

He’s only 31 too.

No chance mate.

Why was Gordon dropped for bain anyways? Seems like that just happened out the blue.

Always rated Gordon. He's not as good as McGregor but he's a solid keeper.

If there's one thing I've noticed about Rangers is we generally have a rock solid keeper on another level from the rest of Scotland. Goram and McGregor in my lifetime and I'm sure there's been belters before aswell. Hopefully McCrorie adds to that list!

He’s a very good big goalkeeper , probably the best they’ve had in the last 40 years , although that isn’t saying much, it’s a position they’ve traditionally been poor in . At 6ft 7 he has a presence and will help them hugely IF he is over his injury problems .

I keep going back to the same thing though , if we do what we need to do , it doesn’t matter who they sign in the next two weeks . We need to smash teams so that referees can’t cost us points , we need to be clinical and drop Fck all points , and the OF games take care of themselves .

I think Gordon is the better keeper. Foresters form has been shocking when he has played down there.

It's no comparison to shagger who was an international and Hulls player of the year when we signed him. Plus shagger is by far the better keeper. Lennon is looking for allies in that dressing room

He is probably better than what they have currently but he isn't even second choice at Southampton and apparently hasn't played a first team game in 18 months.

It's pretty clear the board have looked at what Lennon has spent money on and are not prepared to back him further for relative "big" targets.

Both the Record and the Sun have this as a "stunning" target :D

One thing about Rangers, we know good goalkeepers.

When in the top league, before the names get fired at me.

Maybe Lennon will play him at left back instead of McGregor?

He's played one competitive game for Southampton since Boxing Day 2017 which was a 3-0 pumping off West Ham in April. Largely been inactive for 20 months now as Southampton's 3rd choice keeper.

He was dropped from the Southampton team whilst having the worst saves to goal ratio in the league.

Back