Fwather Forthter returning to them.

Was a good keeper.

Remains to be seen if he's still a good keeper.

Clearly 3rd choice at Southampton for a reason.

Still, least the Tims can go back to deluding themselves he's a better keeper than McGregor again.

Don't understand the comments saying he's better etc. We battered him last time he was at the poops and the same will happen again. He's bang avarage and not much better than bain and Gordon. This is good news for Rangers

I think Gordon is the better keeper. Foresters form has been shocking when he has played down there.

It's no comparison to shagger who was an international and Hulls player of the year when we signed him. Plus shagger is by far the better keeper. Lennon is looking for allies in that dressing room

A decent point and one I never considered.

Definitely an upgrade for them compared to Bain and Gordon. Fairly irrelevant for us though, if either Defoe or Morelos goes through 1 on 1 with him, I fancy them to burry it with ease. It’s a fan pleaser signing for them.

Slightly better than Gordon - I’m better than Bain - but not the same keeper he was.

I reckon Lewis at Aberdeen is better.

Good keeper when he was playing regularly. But obviously not on form just now.

He has played one game since he was 28 and he is now 31.

Forster was a good goalkeeper a few years ago, no doubt about that.

The Forster they have signed though is a totally different entity though, it is a gamble that could easily backfire on them.

If he's 3rd/4th choice at Southampton then there are definite issues there. If his knees are gone after his injury he won't be saving a lot.

Was binned from #1 spot by Southampton in December 2017 and has made 1 first team appearance since, on 4 May 2019 when West Ham beat them 3-0 :)

Let's not worry too much about this.

giphy.gif

So what’s the over/under on the number of games before the mhedia lapdogs start up the ‘Forster for England recall’ campaign?

I’m going for 3 games.

They seem to be looking back through their former players after seeing the relative success of Davis and Shagger for us.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see them try and bring Hooper back too.

From other thread

Key stats.

sustained a serious knee injury in March 2015 which ruled him out for the rest of the year along with further injuries in time at Saints.

ESPN described Forster's distribution as "nothing short of appalling"

Forster's poor form continued into January 2017, where it was noted his save/shot ratio was the worst amongst Premier League goalkeepers for the season to date

His indifferent form, however, continued into the new season, with mistakes against Manchester United, Newcastle and Brighton all resulting in Southampton dropping points during the early months in the league

Forster made his first appearance in nearly 2 years in May 2019, playing the full 90 minutes of Southampton's 3–0 defeat at West Ham Utd , his first appearance for the club since December 2017
That's very encouraging. :))

It's not. He has played 1 game in 2 years

This would be the most alarming stat for me, if I was one of them.

Forster if 5 years ago, what a signing.
Forster of now, injury prone, 5 years older and severely lacking in game time - which is important for a goalie.

Not a bad signing for them. Better than Bain and Gordon, but definitely has a clanger in him.

He WAS a decent keeper. No idea what he is like now though. I've no doubt he'd be an improvement on Bain and Gordon but I am not sure goalie is their biggest worry.

Their defence is woefull so they better hope he performs they are going to need him cause EL buffalo and defoe are going to run them ragged,i see neil lemon is questioning whether to play the £10m pair jullien and boli boli in the europa game ..£10m quid wasted on a pair a haddys

JD our top10 goal scorer in PL will be grinning he will get a match ball with that mutant in goals.

2017–18[edit]

On 19 July 2017, Forster signed a new five-year contract,[128] and described Southampton as being "a fantastic club to be at".[129] His indifferent form, however, continued into the new season, with mistakes against Manchester United, Newcastle and Brighton all resulting in Southampton dropping points during the early months in the league.[130] Despite these errors, manager Mauricio Pellegrino defended Forster, insisting he is a "really good goalkeeper" and that "the position of the goalkeeper is always exposed in this type of situation but nobody remembers the good situations."[131] Forster was eventually dropped from the team in December 2017, replaced in goal by Alex McCarthy.[132]
2018–19[edit]

By July 2018, Forster was pushed further down the pecking order at Southampton with the arrival at the club of Angus Gunn from Manchester City as back-up for Alex McCarthy.[133][134]. Forster made his first appearance of the season on 4 May 2019, playing the full 90 minutes of Southampton's 3–0 defeat at West Ham United, his first appearance for the club since December 2017

He’s obviously better than Bain, better than Gordon? Not sure on that.
I don’t ever remember a Forster performance against us that I thought “he’s kept them in that” etc

Jelavic cup final should have been done in 90 but for him.

I think he was a good keeper but not being active is hard for keepers so hopefully he is a car crash now.

Back