g in the home end when Rangers are playing away.

Fourladshadadream

Official Ticketer
A post from the old FF page.

Which ends have you had to go into and who was the worst fans.

Motherwell x3
Hearts.
Dundee utd x2(got kicked out for one of them).
Airdrie x 3
Dundee
Falkirk x3
Raith Rovers.

Motherwell was a bit mental as a few bears got attacked..
Airdrie cup final a few twats trying to pick out bears as well.

Last edited:
Dundee Utd midweek cup replay,Mark Walters played for us at the time and the racist abuse he took was disgusting,we won so that shut them up.

Only ever done it in stuttgart in 2007 . Didn't keep quiet when we scored but the Germans were fine . Wouldn't really want to do it here . Was at hospitality at county and our box was amongst the home fans . Just kept looking at our away support wishing I was in amongst it .

Dundee Utd and Motherwell.

Motherwell was just strange. You knew half the people around you were bears - but not which ones. That was until the 2nd goal went in and almost everyone around us stood up and left.

Dundee Utd midweek cup replay,Mark Walters played for us at the time and the racist abuse he took was disgusting,we won so that shut them up.

I was in behind the goals that night and the Police put a line in between us...Walters took some stick and they had Rafael Meade at the time playing for them....Bears were getting chucked out if they celebrated or sung.

Only once,was in the shed at Tannadice when we won the league years ago.Throw in Vilareall as well,but can't really count that as the majority in it were bears.

Last edited:
I've never done it. Would probably have done it when my brother played with Killie, But he never played against Rangers when he was there.

I was at a pre-season friendly v St. Mirren years ago, we got beat 2-1, and in the Saint's end as my brother got tickets from the Boys Club.

(1999 it was Albertz scored for us)

Only once,was in the shed at Tannadice when we won the league years ago.

I was in there as well, stood at fence beside the Bears, there was plenty more of us in that end.

Main stand at Pittodrie once, the whole wee section we were in was Bears, was hairy leaving the ground right enough.

I've personally done Berwick, Hibs, Hearts and Dunfermline.

My Granda does it quite often, we were once in the Hibs end for a 2-1 defeat, the next day on the back of the paper was a picture of the players celebrating. In the middle of the picture? My grandas very unhappy face.

sr. mirren......was ok as i was with a st.mirren who got me his mates season ticket as i couldnt get one
hearts..main stand........scum, threats to get the coppers to throw me out,,still waiting
aberdeen..main stand...........same as hearts
raith rovers............... guy got in my face when raith scored then ran to the police when i "shut him up". decent copper walked me round to the rangers end.

No mate,way before that,Trevor Steven scored.The Shed end was still a terrace.

Ah right, long before I was going to games!

Had been at Tannadice before, but was shocked when in the home end for the 3 nil game at the sheer hatred towards us. Haven't ventured into a home end since, too easy to get involved and react to the hatred directed at us now.

Nicely timed, doing this on Friday. A good pal of mine is a Partick fan and has a spare season ticket beside him so invited me along. Already very nervous about not being able to keep my gob shut.

No mate,way before that,Trevor Steven scored.The Shed end was still a terrace.
I was in the United end behind the goals that day. Polis made me buy a United scarf before he would let me in. Great day and the scenes when Steven scored .... fun times

Only ever sat in the home end against Killie on the last day of the season 2011.
Needless to say we had outed ourselves within the opening few minutes, but turned out there were as many Bears in the home end as there were Killie supporters.

What made you ever think that would be a good idea?

This was back in the 80's and a last minute decision to attend the afore mentioned match. An acquaintance of the other persuasion offered me a brief and I stupidly took him up on it. To be honest he was one of the few decent ones I knew. Sat in the main stand and game thankfully ended 0-0.

Not one of my greatest moments and would never do it again:(

I've done it at Kilmarnock last minute goal from Nicky Clark ran into the Rangers End !! Was brilliant

Only time I have done it was 1st time we played Livingston away in the League in 2001

Managed to get a ticket outside the ground at the last moment

Tannadice main stand 4 times in the 80's (uncle would get us tickets as he was a S.tkt holder and he would be told by people around him do not take them back in here)
Pittodrie main stand 1 time in the 80's - hated that experience and then trying to get back round to beach end before scrambling over that hill.
Never did it again and glad of that.
Always want to show emotion and back the team.
Gers section every time or do not go.

Falkirk at the old Brockville was awful. Shithole of a stadium and full of mouth breathers and window lickers.

We won 0 - 2 but it was uncomfortable company to be surrounded by for 90 mins.

Elgin City was fine.

Raith Rovers a couple of times

Hibs end with my old man back in the 70s when I was a wee boy

Would be wary of doing it at a few stadiums now

Hearts end at the Laudrup final. Colours on and not a single word was uttered. The guy directly in front of me turned round after the 5th went in, grabbed my scarf placed round his own neck declaring that he had now jumped the dyke. Changed days.

In the home end at Villarreal along with some other posters on here. We seemed to be the only bears in that section but they were fine and didn't seem to mind us celebrating. We shook hands with quite a few of them on the way out at the end.

Im sure there's been others but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Motherwell ok till my boy went tonto when we scored.
Accies Fine no problems
Hearts bonkers we scored sat on my hands full time boy behind me taps me on the shoulder says thank feck we only scored one as he couldn't control himself any longer.

Was in the Lyon end for the 3 nil game. Tried to keep quiet but when the 3rd went in you couldn't keep my dad and myself quiet! Superb night which the French supporters around us took very well.

Wembley when Don Hutchison scored, my English mates had to hold me down. I think I would have go a bit of a doing if I'd celebrated, looking around afterwards.

Parkhead many moons ago. Was ticketless and couldn't get one for our end. Met a guy who was in the same boat and we decided to try our luck round the other end of the Piggery. Got a couple and were behind the goals before coming close to getting sussed on account of our comparatively good looks. Moved into the Jungle and pleaded with the polis at half time to let us onto the track and into the Rangers end. Got lucky when a copper recognised the guy I was with. As soon as we were on the track, said guy whipped out the Rangers scarf he had tied around his waist under his jumper and taunted the mentally challengeds. Cue a rain of coins and half-eaten pies.

Main stand at Elgin a couple of seasons back was a lot more civilised!

Hibs x 2
Dundee Utd x 2
Sheep
Killie
Hearts
Raith Rovers
Motherwell

Worst were Hearts,we left just after half time.
Best was Tannadice when we clinched in a row.

Only Barcelona when they beat us 2-0 and wasn't a problem.

Wouldn't do it here, would give myself away too easily

Tannadice for 2009 league championship (Operation Tango).

Sitting in the home end you get the full benefit of the noise when we scored, it was phenomenal.

It made them sick.

Done it in Dundee and Feyenoord

Goes without saying who was worst. Genuinely feared for my safety in Rotterdam!

Done it on numerous occasions - needs must!

By far the worst is Aberdeen - hate that club and their so called fans.

Livingston and Hearts a few times as I was offered freebies. No issues off the field but each time I did it we lost - including twice in a the space of a week against Hearts - so I stopped taking them when offered. The old ricketty wooden stand at Tynecastle was always full of 'undercover' Bears.

Hibs once, never again under any circumstances. Don't remember anything about the game other than Chic Charnley was playing for them (maybe?) and absolutely everyone around me was frothing at the mouth with hatred for the entire 90 minutes.

Hearts twice. Not pleasant.

I've been in with the away support at Ibrox once. My boss back in the 90s played for Alloa so got me a ticket for their end for a cup tie. All pretty good-natured - a lot of the Alloa players were bears, so all their complimentary tickets went to Rangers fans.

Was in with the Arbroath fans in the 70's and was wearing my colours along with three of my mates. It didn't end well :eek:

Weirdly, the only away fans I've sat in amongst was at Ibrox for Alan McLarens testimonial against Middlesbrough. It was the only tickets left. Didn't like it at all, a few real arseholes among their support when they heard our accents and one mad looking guy beside us kept staring and saying "watch yourself on the way home lads".

Anyone ever noticed when Mendes scored against Dundee United in 2009, the guy getting pushed down the stairs by united fan. Looks like one of our own couldn't contain themselves and has celebrated. Wonder if it's anyone from on here :D

4:02

aberdeen the worst
raith rovers was ok
annan was ok
morton was ok
dumbarton a few times was easy

Livingston - one twat with his kid realised I was a bear and shouted abuse all game, I said to him your son must be proud of you.
Falkirk - we tried to leave early & they gave us pelters
Hibs - Main stand above the tunnel was obvious when we didn't cheer them out, bit hairy.
Hearts - Trracing behind the goalswe were 4 up at half time, guy in front turns round and says Your'e quiet, I replied what do you want Hearts are crap, he said fair enough, I moved along the terracing.

Anyone ever noticed when Mendes scored against Dundee United in 2009, the guy getting pushed down the stairs by united fan. Looks like one of our own couldn't contain themselves and has celebrated. Wonder if it's anyone from on here :D

4:02

Happened right in front of me, boy jumped up about 10 feet when the ball hit the net and there were rabids scrambling about over rows of seats trying to get him, eventually one did and throttled him before launching him on to the track.

Police and stewards happy enough just to stand about watching folk being assaulted. Disgraceful but is anyone surprised?

Twice, first time was v england at wembley 1979 we got gubbed so no issue.

2nd time v hearts at tynecastle. That was the day superally scored a belter into where the Rangers fans were, i was behind the other goal & nearer the main stand. I cheered then heard some grumbling around me & it wasn't looking too good for me but the polis waded in grabbed me & threw me oot:)

1st time I've managed to get served in a chippy on the gorgie rd without having to wait in a queue

Back