Gabby Agbonlahor expects "something special" from Rangers

Badger

Gabby Agbonlahor expects "something special" from Rangers in the Champions League next season. “Steven Gerrard, when the season finishes, his thoughts are going to be ‘Let’s get through the Champions League qualifying rounds.’ “That team is more than good enough. You’ve seen teams struggle in the qualifying rounds but this Rangers team now is more than capable to qualify for the group stages. “It makes sense for him to not rush into anything. The grass isn’t always greener. “Rangers are doing something special. Nobody in that team will want to leave. “You’re going to play in the Champions League with a lot more clubs looking at you. There’s nobody in that Rangers team will want to leave the project Steven Gerrard’s building.”

* Lifted from Ibrox Loyal on Facebook

He's killed Sunday morning football on sky the ride.

quite liked the press box etc
now we have him and some boring journalist and old Di going over incidents

I think Gerrard has a massive advantage in the transfer window for a variety of reasons (not least us, not least him) and that that will bring a lot of talent to our club (and has done, already).

Colossal season for us next. Do not remove our foot from their necks for one second Rangers.

Do not relent on attracting talent.

Do resist derisory bids on our talent pool.

Never ever surrender.
Not to mention every scribbler and armchair expert north of the border will be on our case hoping we fall at every hurdle, we need to make them choke on their words.

How is he one of them?

This from a few seasons back.

"Gabby Agbonlahor last night issued a ‘come and get me’ plea Celtic

The former Aston Villa and England star is a free agent and insists he’d jump at the chance if the Hoops came calling.

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is still on the lookout for a third striker as cover for Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths, having sold Moussa Dembele to French outfit Lyon for £20million on transfer deadline day.

Agbonlahor – who won three caps for the Three Lions between 2008 and 2009 and also enjoyed spells with Watford and Sheffield Wednesday – ran out in the Hoops at Parkhead on Saturday for a charity game."

CL is going to be extremely difficult to achieve.
I worry our fans will turn on management and players.

Narrative is we have reached end of rainbow..We've got a ticket.

Slavia Prague will put us out as it stands right now

The former Aston Villa and England star is a free agent and insists he’d jump at the chance if the Hoops came calling.

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is still on the lookout for a third striker as cover for Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths, having sold Moussa Dembele to French outfit Lyon for £20million on transfer deadline day.

Agbonlahor – who won three caps for the Three Lions between 2008 and 2009 and also enjoyed spells with Watford and Sheffield Wednesday – ran out in the Hoops at Parkhead on Saturday for a charity game."
Hardly makes him a tim - his career was just about done and he was trying to make a few easy quid at a team that was the best in the country by a mile. He just wanted a cushty retirement.

How is he one of them?

His mum is ScIrish.

NINTCHDBPICT000432422076.jpg

If we get in the champions league groups and they get papped out in the qualifiers this really could signal a total turnaround in the financial strength of both teams. We’d go from supposedly having to spend 100 million to get near them to us having a potential war chest in the space of 2 seasons.
Agbonlaho'r.

Isn't it obvious?

He's killed Sunday morning football on sky the ride.

quite liked the press box etc
now we have him and some boring journalist and old Di going over incidents
You're really bitter towards anything or anyone positive towards Rangers eh?

SP had some good players
I thought in the first game we got on top of them second half in Prague
I felt the same was happening at Ibrox until Roofe was sent off
It’s not the margins some of the press would like you to believe
I think they were a decent team, any team we get will be good but I would not fear them this year if drawn against them.

An invigorated Rangers in July are a very different animal from an injury wracked, knackered Rangers in late March.

That was a charity game he played for Petrovs team, his old team mate and pal thar beat cancer.
Hardly makes him a tim.

We were under par against Slavia, our second half of the season form slump has kicked in. Had we played them in the first half of the season we’d have murdered them.

But for Roofe’s recklessness and Balogun having perhaps his worst game for us, we still ran them pretty close. Further, by the time we play the qualifiers we will have been considerably strengthened to meet the challenges of the CL.

It’s good to hear positive things being said about the club from English based pundits, sadly some prefer to create a negative spin around them...Well said Gabby!

Back