Gaffer isnt giving up on the league this season

The look on his face when he was asked about it tells me he feels it's far from over.

A good Xmas period with maximum points and beating that mob on the 2nd and who knows.

Can't wait for the restart now.
I would expect nothing less. We won’t win the league though.

The next old firm is massive. If we convincingly beat them at Ibrox the narrative of this season completely changes, and I would expect us to win the league or get very close (down to last few games). There is really no margin for error now though, if we were to win the league, I would think we would have to go on a 15 game win streak at a minimum.

Which is what they did last season and they clawed the points back.

It’s not probable that we’ll win it, it’s a long shot. But it’s definitely not 100% over in early December

Never ruling it out but the best course of action is just to take the games as they come. There was a thread on here every wee while in the seasons inbetween promotion and 55 with however many points we were behind as the title asking if we can claw it back. Cannot be arsed going back to that.

Beale still has to work with the same duds who have let's us down,time and time again.
I agree with you but I’m not ready to throw the towel in yet and let that mob take a title so so so easily - I don’t want to believe that we can let that happen.

I certainly don’t want or will accept any Manager of our club to not believe at any stage until mathematically impossible to do so that they can not still win and not give their all to do so.

MB has to do whatever he has to do to that team to get them to give it all they can.

Can we pull back some of the current points deficit against them? Certainly.

Will we win at least one of the remaining games against them? Possibly.

Will we take maximum points from all of our remaining games between now and the end of the season without them dropping any further points? I have some magic beans you may be interested in .....

The look on his face when he was asked about it tells me he feels it's far from over.

A good Xmas period with maximum points and beating that mob on the 2nd and who knows.

Can't wait for the restart now.
I agree with you pal. However we say nothing public just go out & blow HIV’s away on the 15th & take it from there.

No chance is this league over, I’d like to see how they handle a bit of pressure.

Mon The Famous RFC.

I get the impression that Clement has far more steel than Beale ever had and this time I think it's true that the "gaffer isnt giving up on the league this season".

It's still in our hands. No surrender.

Hearts will take atleast a point tomorrow, then it's game on.
There's not a chance the league is over IMHO.

I know what month it is mate
But for me the gypsies ain’t dropping many points
And after seeing today we won’t drop many either, but 7 points to catch up with Them ain’t happening I’m afraid
We beat them twice, which is very possible then it's happening and more.
What's our slogan? Surrender Meekly?

We beat them twice, which is very possible then it's happening and more.
What's our slogan? Surrender Meekly?

We need to beat Them at the knew camp to have a chance of this title

As I said I’m an optimist but I can’t see is winning there the next old firm game

Though I’d love to be wrong

Phil Clement is magic,

He wears a magic hat.

He could have gone to Saudi,

But he said no f*ck that!

He managing the Rangers,

He’ll smash the Tim’s alright,

And when we win the league again we sing this song all night.

Ooooh...
Least it’s chatgpt

Mid October and people saying the league is over. Have a fucking word with yourselves.
The comments on the manager expectations thread were sickening. Stuff like making a challenge and beating Celtic once this season, utter loser mentality.

Too late sacking Beale imho. 7 points behind with two games at parkhead, you could almost say it’s 10 points. Their not dropping 10 pints more than us.

It’s about winning the cups, closing the gap, and making an impact in Europe. If we can close the gap early enough the pressure might affect them but I wouldn’t trust a great many of our players to push home any advantage we might gain.

The right attitude and the right things to say.

The reality is that, despite beating Hibs, Beale has left us with a really poor squad and squandered millions on duds this summer. The guys that have been here for ages have not shown a track record of winning and we have gaps of quality all over the pitch.

Up against a pretty average celtic side...who rarely drop points and defeated us at Ibrox with Liam Scales at the heart of defence.

Clement has a huge job on his hands. Anyone underestimating it hasn't paid any attention to where we are.

If he wins the league this season then his powers will make Harry Potter like a speccy wee fraud.

The right attitude and the right things to say.

The reality is that, despite beating Hibs, Beale has left us with a really poor squad and squandered millions on duds this summer. The guys that have been here for ages have not shown a track record of winning and we have gaps of quality all over the pitch.

Up against a pretty average celtic side...who rarely drop points and defeated us at Ibrox with Liam Scales at the heart of defence.

Clement has a huge job on his hands. Anyone underestimating it hasn't paid any attention to where we are.

If he wins the league this season then his powers will make Harry Potter like a speccy wee fraud.
Good post. That was decent yesterday but we will have to see long term. The positives are that even with some poor signings we should easily deal with every other team in the league aside from Celtic. And even they aren’t unbeatable at all. We will likely have to win every match though from now which will be very difficult.

We can’t give up on the league in October though. Otherwise what’s the point. We will see over next dozen or so matches how the new manager gets on. One match means nothing.

This is the main reason why big Phil is a completely different proposition to Beale. PC outright refuses to give up on winning the league whereas Beale's mindset was absolutely defeatist.

Back