Gaffer linked to another job apparently - Besiktas

Christ - it is difficult enough for him living in Glasgow separately from his family in Liverpool. Somehow I don't think Istanbul cuts it!!

If they are going to make up/speculate they could at last have a bit of logic/intelligence to their 'stories'!!

Be like this all season, reasonably big club in their country need a manager, interested in the G.

I guess next nation will be France(Lyon ?) where they admire the work hes done in Scotland or some other made up pesh.

Working in the media must be magic i am always jealous of that guy Waddell from the sunday mail. Such easy money.

Funny how it's always Rangers managers that's linked to other jobs.ffs even Warburton was linked to every job going when he was with us.

A few games ago he was a rookie manager that hadn't achieved anything in management. Now he'll be linked with every job under the sun. They will try anything to put us under clout. They KNOW what's coming now and I only expect it to get worse the longer we're on top and hopefully the more of a gap we open up whilst there. Laughable stuff that I'm sure SG wont even bother thinking about.

Be like this all season, reasonably big club in their country need a manager, interested in the G.

I guess next nation will be France(Lyon ?) where they admire the work hes done in Scotland or some other made up pesh.

Working in the media must be magic i am always jealous of that guy Waddell from the sunday mail. Such easy money.

It must be so easy, these days they'll put random people's tweets or forum/fb group posters down as "anonymous sources" it's a total farce.

There is no way this would ever happen. Stevie won't even consider it until he's got some silverware, the only way is if something truly outrageous came up like Klopp left mid-season.

It's strange that nobody seems interested in TLB but in a 'Rookie Manager who has no experience of anything'.
I wonder why ...

SPANISH giants Real Madrid are weighing up a shock move for Rangers boss Steven Gerrard.

Madrid, 13 time European champions, currently occupy top spot in La Liga but have had a very hit and miss start to the campaign overall, prompting widespread speculation that the notoriously demanding capital club will be seeking a new head coach.

A Record Sport source in Spain has sensationally revealed that Gerrard is on a 3 man shortlist for the top job, should Real choose to part ways with current boss Zinedine Zidane for a second time.

Whilst Gerrard is yet to lift silverware with the Ibrox club, his stock has risen significantly across the continent after some fine results in Europe, and overcoming a shock home Old Firm loss early in the season to attain a two point lead at the summit of the Scottish Premiership.

Mercurial Madrid president Florentino Perez has previously gone public with his admiration of Gerrard both as a player and a coach, and Spanish media reports suggest Gerrard may find his offer hard to turn down, should Los Blancos come calling.

"Gerrard is someone who Mr Perez has always greatly respected and admired," said LaLigaTV correspondent Juan Aurelio.

"Mr Perez can often be found in the local bars and football clubs in Madrid when Rangers are playing, shouting 'No Surrender Stevie G, get it right up those mentally challenged bastards'. It's quite something to watch him whistle the sash whilst simultaneously snorting a fat patsy."

Madrid face fierce City rivals Atletico at the Bernabeu in a couple of weeks time - a loss for the home side could have far-reaching consequences. Only time will tell if they reach as far as Govan.

SPANISH giants Real Madrid are weighing up a shock move for Rangers boss Steven Gerrard.

Madrid, 13 time European champions, currently occupy top spot in La Liga but have had a very hit and miss start to the campaign overall, prompting widespread speculation that the notoriously demanding capital club will be seeking a new head coach.

A Record Sport source in Spain has sensationally revealed that Gerrard is on a 3 man shortlist for the top job, should Real choose to part ways with current boss Zinedine Zidane for a second time.

Whilst Gerrard is yet to lift silverware with the Ibrox club, his stock has risen significantly across the continent after some fine results in Europe, and overcoming a shock home Old Firm loss early in the season to attain a two point lead at the summit of the Scottish Premiership.

Mercurial Madrid president Florentino Perez has previously gone public with his admiration of Gerrard both as a player and a coach, and Spanish media reports suggest Gerrard may find his offer hard to turn down, should Los Blancos come calling.

"Gerrard is someone who Mr Perez has always greatly respected and admired," said LaLigaTV correspondent Juan Aurelio.

"Mr Perez can often be found in the local bars and football clubs in Madrid when Rangers are playing, shouting 'No Surrender Stevie G, get it right up those mentally challenged bastards'. It's quite something to watch him whistle the sash whilst simultaneously snorting a fat patsy."

Madrid face fierce City rivals Atletico at the Bernabeu in a couple of weeks time - a loss for the home side could have far-reaching consequences. Only time will tell if they reach as far as Govan.

Almost got me, do you start for the record on Monday then? Article is spot on for that rag.

Was the same when Warburton had us playing some good stuff and when we beat them in the semi. Was then linked with every job that came up in England.

Aye right you are.
download.jpg

So Gerrard is a "shock managerial target" for a club "mulling over" sacking their boss?

Why would you target a new manager if you still don't know what you're doing with the current one?

Lolz just lolz!!!!

Circumstances I'd let Gerrard go to a team like Besiktas are, ( hear me out!) Morelos goes way him and Pocchetino comes in as new manager.
£30m in the kitty for the new manager to spend plus whatever they pay us for a Colombian Buffalo goal scoring machine.
Who writes this absolute bullshit?

Gerrard will manage top level teams when he leaves here, Liverpool for the rest of his career if he gets his way.

There is more chance of me winning the lottery than the gaffer going to a club of Besiktas' level.

He'll only manage in Britain.

Gerrard won't ever leave Rangers easily; I'm convinced by that. Who knows, he might leave next season; he may believe his route the Liverpool job can't be directly from Ibrox to Anfield, but leaving here won't ever be straightforward and easy. Looking at the manager, who doesn't see a man that has developed an affection for this club; we won't ever "dethrone" Liverpool in terms of them being his club, but it seems from observing him that he sees something here that has echoes of his first love. He could do great things here that may have seemed unthinkable even a short time ago; Gerrard surely now has it within his grasp to take Rangers to the very top again. The great thing about Rangers right now is the potential and opportunity to bring back the good times again; 55 and beyond, because this club, like Liverpool, never looses it's appetite to win. In true Rangers tradition, he could become another of our legendary managers, because our appetite probably just about matches his.

This is Warburton all over again. Linked with a different job every week. I wondered if that was going to happen when the Leeds thing was made last week and lo and behold here we are already.

We should run a book on here mocking these idiots. How many different jobs can they link him to before the season is out. I'll say 18.

Aw naw I was dreading this, Gerrard said on Football Focus 10 years ago that he always wanted to manage in Turkey and Besiktas were the only team for him since he got a Besiktas football strip for his 7th birthday.

With the present political situation in Turkey at present I would have thought that most folk who can, either football related or not would be checking for flights out of the country at the moment rather than flying in.

Back