Gaffer linked to another job apparently - Besiktas

TibbsyBear

From the Daily Mail

Steven Gerrard has reportedly emerged as a shock managerial target for Turkish giants Besiktas, who are mulling over whether to sack under-fire boss Abdullah Avci.

Gerrard has been impressing with his steady work in the Scottish Premiership at , who currently hold a two-point lead at the top of the table.

The Ibrox side have only lost one game so far this season, and Besiktas are now considering the legend as the man for the hotseat.

Besiktas have made a poor start to the season, and will look to resolve their situation and retake their place in challenging for the division.

At present the Blacks Eagles sit in 12th place, with just eight points from seven matches played.

A five point gap currently exists between Besiktas and the Turkish Superlig's surprise leaders Alanayaspor.

According to BeIN Sports Turkey reporter, Mehmet Demirkol, Besiktas will name their new president next week, and the new man at the helm is likely to look to replace their current manager Avci.

Any incoming boss is expected to be boosting with plentiful funds in the transfer window, in order to shape the side in their own image.
This season Besiktas, like Rangers, find themselves competing in the Europa League.
Heartbreak occurred recently at the Vodafone Park stadium in Istanbul, as Avci's side were defeated with the last kick of the game, deep in stoppage time, by Premier League side Wolves.

must be doing something right then a suppose. but as most of the posts say theres no chance lol good to see a rangers manager doing something good tho rather than caravans and dogs or make plan a better nonsense lol

Reactions: o7o
Stevie G is going nowhere until he’s won the title.

Anyone who thinks Gerrard is a quitter need look no further than his heroic display in Istanbul. Dragged his side to CL win with sheer will power

The tims with typewriters are shitting themselves. :D

Future scenario? Klopp goes to PSG, Barca or Real Madrid, anything else is a step-down. Liverpool approach Rangers for SG. Don't think Rangers would stand in the way. After 55 though :D

Celtics new PR trying to create unrest in the Rangers camp. Celtic have never been able to win fairly.

If they're going to peddle this pish in a bid to unsettle the team, could they not have been smart enough to pick a team that he might actually want to go and manage? Who in their right mind wants to manage in Turkey ffs?

Celtics new PR trying to create unrest in the Rangers camp. Celtic have never been able to win fairly.

They can try all they want with Gerrard - he will find talk like this laughable and will not affect him in the slightest.

The only job he will leave Rangers for is the Liverpool job and even then I doubt he would take it unless he felt he was ready and could be a success.

I don't see anything else appealing to someone like Stevie G - I don't think money would be a motivation for him and I don't think he would want to manage abroad.

It’s mental how even a sniff of us being successful spouts out numerous stories of our manager leaving. It was the same when Warburton was doing well, he was suddenly linked with every job going.
It’s just desperate measures to try and cause unrest with us.

I've got a feeling that this scenario will happen on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future. Our manager won't be leaving until Liverpool come calling. It really is that simple.

i think the people thinking that these articles are orchestrated by timmy headquarters are getting a bit farfetched. this article will have got loads of website hits, that's all the papers are after.

Quite the opposite, it’s a good sign if other teams are looking at our Gaffer.

Take it as a compliment.
i can believe the Leeds one, but not Besiktas. it's an easy article to make isn't it. would put a web journalist 5 mins to put together and stick online.

Scraping the barrel. This will be the theme going forward with us sitting top, any attempt to unsettle the club.

Back