Gaffer on pre-season for Paterson

Love how we've done this with our players.

Follows a similar route to Bayern Munich who focus on bulking up their players.

It’s great having a manager that knows what to do with these young players and how to bring them on. The thing is there will be other young players about to come on the scene and get there chance.

Questionable, some would way.
Some have but it's not really, the massive improvements in sports science and nutrition make this all possible. Diets, rest periods, protein intake are all monitored closely. Remember, these are athletes at the top of their game with some of the best sports scientists in the world looking after them. Just look at what an average person can do in 6 months of dedicated working out

Some have but it's not really, the massive improvements in sports science and nutrition make this all possible. Diets, rest periods, protein intake are all monitored closely. Remember, these are athletes at the top of their game with some of the best sports scientists in the world looking after them. Just look at what an average person can do in 6 months of dedicated working out
And then there’s the caffeine injections ;):shh:

Hopefully he kicks on which I’m sure he will.The Covid-19 episode might just be the best thing that happened to him he’s knuckled down and really showed what he can do where it really matters on the pitch in huge games.But he has to dislodge our captain and most influential player.But I’m sure there could be a way to get them both in the team,nice headache for our management team.

He’s where the rumours started.

Now, I doubt there is any truth in the foul play stuff, but the size they put on is ridiculous. I’d love for our guys to replicate it.

I'll bet teams and athletes are always ahead of the game of what is and isn't being tested for.

The Coutinho one is a good example of growth as well.

Guess most remember him as the skinny little, skilful type.

The size he added is significant, given he was on loan. :D

Just Googled that as well. Hello in Germany must also mean "here is a protein shake and a barbell". lol

In the opinion of FF members - what other young players in the Rangers youth development system are most likely to emulate Patterson and breakthrough into the 1st team squad in the coming season?

I think you can put on 1kg of lean muscle per month by following a calorie surplus.

At the start it's not unusual to put on 2-3kg per month but that will drastically slow down.

So if the Bayern boys followed a strict diet for a year you're gonna notice it.

If you ask me, Patterson looks pretty robust already. You don’t see him getting outmuscled.

Back