Gaffers 100th game

Rossco99

Just a moment of appreciation for the scale of the job the gaffer has done before his 100th game tomorrow:

• Unbeaten in 87 of those games.
• Win percentage of 62%.
• Best defensive record at this stage of the season since the war and best defensive record in the league currently.
• Averaging over 2 goals a game this season.
• The only team ever to get through the 4 EL qualifying rounds in back to back seasons.
• Gave the club a professionalism and mentality that will take us to 55.

Nothing short of remarkable in just 100 games. Roll on the next 100.

It is a tremendous record for a new manager after 100 games. All while building and bedding in his own team. The signs are all there for the next 100 including some silverware.

Last edited:
The job he has done for us has been unbelievable. If he delivers the big one this year he will be up there with the big boys imo. Absolutely love everything about Steven Gerrard.

Just a moment of appreciation for the scale of the job the gaffer has done before his 100th game tomorrow:

• Win percentage of 62%.
• Best defensive record at this stage of the season since the war and best defensive record in the league currently.
• The only team ever to get through the 4 EL qualifying rounds in back to back seasons.

Remarkable improvement.

• Win percentage of 62%.

That's the impressive one for me

Always liked Chris Jack and how he reports on us he always seems to give the club good and fair coverage

Did not realise that Rangers are:
This is some achievement.

You can not argue with that! Great appointment and just needs some silverware to put the icing on the cake.

Listening to the Clyde phone-in last night (yeah I know) and they were praising Gerrard, he has done so well at Rangers that its hurting them badly.
They said he has given Rangers respectability and creditability. Never once when we were in the lower leagues did I think we lacked those two traits anyway.

Proud to have him as our manager.

His record is outstanding and I would predict that after another 100 games in charge his experience will add to what he already has and make him a top top manager.

This will undoubtedley lead to him being taken from us sadly, however if as I expect he has delievered not only silverware(cups), but our 55th title his legacy at Ibrox will be right up there.

Criticised Gerrard last season for the over all domestic form. It wasn't good enough and he knew it himself. Frustration at stupid dropped points and the urge to stop the bheggars, riled me.

Europe was never an issue. We produced some thing I never thought we were capable of.

This season he was asked to continue the improvement, cut out the mistakes that were hurting us and improve our domestic record. The stats are impressive and long may it continue.

He's done that and some this season. The results have improved, in Europe we've been impressive once again and we were cheated in a cup final - that we should have won.

He's got us is a position in the league where the title is in our own hands.

Deliver that and he goes down a Rangers Legend.

Both exciting and nervous months ahead.

I for one have enjoyed the journey so far. He and his backroom team have brought credibility and professionalism back to this club.

Silverware would be lovely but the steps we have taken since his arrival could set us up for a prolonged period of success. We also seem to be the more attractive club again but this is to be expected.

He also wont be doing any harm to our reputation throughout the world of football and beyond. He is a global superstar and will be shining a light on our beautiful lumpy carpet free club and hopefully helping bringing in more commercially and more admirers who want to spend some money on our club.

Remarkable stats given this is a rookie manager in charge of a massive institution in a bad place in terms of playing staff, infrastructure and organisation when he took over. The owners, the gaffer, the back room staff and the players have delivered so far. They have given us our pride back and a realistic chance to return to the top. Amazing progress in such a short space of time. The final element is the support. The 3 points last Wednesday were the first step on the path to our greatest achievement in recent times, every bit as precious as the 3 points at the house of sin on the 29th. The gaffer has been less than subtle in his call to the supporters to drag the team through the inevitable dark times over the next 4 months. To encourage the team and individual players through the off days we will have against against negative and defensive teams. For those who spend 90 minutes complaining about every miss placed pass or missed chance, zip it or stay in the house and shout at the TV. Stay for 90 minutes and applaud the team off the park. Now more than ever we need all 4 stands to treat every game like an old firm game, a cup final, a big European night and be part of what will be our greatest victory in recent times.

He’s doing a great job and his reputation in world football helps because any player would want to play for him.

The turnaround has been magnificent. They whole club has improved as a result and it will has set us up well for the future.

He has done a tremendous job so far and is still learning his trade. I’m so grateful that we have him as our gaffer!

Great start to his managerial career. I'm sure he would agree with most fans regarding the bad decisions he has made, such as the old firm line up at Ibrox. However its all part of the learning process for him. Can't argue with anything he has done so far really.

Still struggle to believe at times that he is our manager

And this is only his 2nd year as a manager, 10 years down the line he's gonna be outstanding

Back