Galatasaray 2 v Hadjuk Split 0 Full Time

Are they any good?

On paper they have some big names but some are getting on a bit.

They finished 5th last season although their season was called early

Haven’t made any signings of note in the summer

They were pumped in Europe last season but were in a group with Real and PSG

Beat a team from Azerbaijan and the team who finished 5th in Croatia this season. Not overly convincingly

I think we have beat more difficult teams comfortably over the last 12 months. Difficult game to call but if we are at our best then it’s up to us to lose.

They are a beatable team.

A difficult tie for sure, but winnable.

They have some good players, especially in the final third. but they are a shadow of the team that beat Arsenal for the 2000 Uefa Cup.

Always thought that they are team where players with pedigree but are coming to the end of their careers go for a bit of dosh.
Not the team they were but hey ho, neither are we but we are getting there.

Last season we put 6 last St Joseph's in our first qualifying tie, scored 4 away from against what could be a tough game vs midtjyland, and then scored a late winner vs tough opposition in Legia at Ibrox to reach the groups.

This year we put 5 last Lincoln in our first qualifying tie, scored 4 away from against what could be a tough game vs Willem, and now play tough opposition in Glatasray at Ibrox to reach the groups.

My money is on a late morelos 1-0 win!

[QUOTE="Mr_Miscellaneous, post: 6972917, member: 12051"
They have some good players, especially in the final third. but they are a shadow of the team that beat Arsenal for the 2000 Uefa Cup.
[/QUOTE]

After 20 years, I'd imagine so...
They're a retirement home, but of a really high standard. Willem had zero European experience and it showed. Any ideas that this would be a walk over after Willem, is clownshoe territory imo.
This is the tie where of "we'll go out but it's no biggy" however, judging by our euro exploits the last 2 seasons, I fully expect us to come up with the answers next week.
They won't be gung-ho like Willem, so we'll have to be smarter.

Watched these highlights below, Hadjuk Split had a few fair chances to score,might be me but think they leave big gaps in their defence when Hadjuk were attacking,think also they can be got at with set pieces into the box. Their second goal looked offside from the side angle and Babel not being picked up in the 6 yard box.

Don't think there is much between them and the Dutch team and i'd say maybe the Dutch team were slightly more dangerous going forward. Turn your sound down as the commentator will do your nut in.

how did a team from the Faroes pump Tbilisi 6-1!!!!
As other poster mentioned perhaps covid-related quarantine ... plastic pitch, weather, travel exhaustion, or indeed the simple reason that domestic football is awful in Georgia and the likes of Dinamo Tbilisi have no real competition since the collapse of USSR

This will be tough. They are if nothing else a more experienced team than we faced tonight, even if they aren’t great.

Watched these highlights below, Hadjuk Split had a few fair chances to score,might be me but think they leave big gaps in their defence when Hadjuk were attacking,think also they can be got at with set pieces into the box. Their second goal looked offside from the side angle and Babel not being picked up in the 6 yard box.

Don't think there is much between them and the Dutch team and i'd say maybe the Dutch team were slightly more dangerous going forward. Turn your sound down as the commentator will do your nut in.

Thanks for posting. Their left winger looks incredibly dangerous and easily the biggest threat. Tav will need to be laser focussed next week and watch not to get done on the counter.

The striker was a fucking donkey. Woeful and clumsy. If we score first and early, can see us winning comfortably.

Are they any good?

On paper they have some big names but some are getting on a bit.

They finished 5th last season although their season was called early

Haven’t made any signings of note in the summer

They were pumped in Europe last season but were in a group with Real and PSG

Beat a team from Azerbaijan and the team who finished 5th in Croatia this season. Not overly convincingly

I think we have beat more difficult teams comfortably over the last 12 months. Difficult game to call but if we are at our best then it’s up to us to lose.

Watched some of the game against Neftchi and they were not that impressive if honest however have a couple of key players who can hurt us, limit then to no or a single goal and I think we can have them.
With Fenerbache being my second and many Turkish mates being their number 1 team I think this one will be beers in front of the TV with a few of us so hope you make us proud

Thanks for posting. Their left winger looks incredibly dangerous and easily the biggest threat. Tav will need to be laser focussed next week and watch not to get done on the counter.

The striker was a fucking donkey. Woeful and clumsy. If we score first and early, can see us winning comfortably.
Our left winger is better

Had a quick 5 minute look midway through first half and both teams didn’t seem too tricky. Nonetheless, we have to be at our best to go through to the group stages. First priority is Sunday!

They made 7 changes from the team that started against Istanbul Basaksehir. I'm not sure why that was the case, it could be for a number of reasons but they do have Fenerbache on Sunday so no doubt that played a part.

I watched bits of it on the phone while watching our game and they certainly created a lot of chances, they were unlucky to have one ruled off for offside as well.

Kilinic, Turan, Falcao, Babel, Belhanda, Feghouli, whilst all getting on, are players that can still hurt us.

Diagne up top has a good scoring record and Fatih Terim is an experience manager.

Won't be easy but certainly not a game we should fear. Again, we've beaten better over the last few years.

Galatasaray were pumped in europe last season, they finished behind Besiktas in the league who have been knocked out of their Champions League and Europa league qualifiers this season = nothing to fear!

What bearing does that have on anything? We were knocked out by Progres then the following year we navigated 4 qualifying rounds and got to the group stages

The previous season is irrelevant

Kilinic, Turan, Falcao, Babel, Belhanda, Feghouli, whilst all getting on, are players that can still hurt us.

Diagne up top has a good scoring record and Fatih Terim is an experience manager.

Won't be easy but certainly not a game we should fear. Again, we've beaten better over the last few years.

They are easily the best side we have faced in the qualifiers though.

A very tough game for us. Hopefully they are more focused on their league.

They will be looking at our game and thinking we are the business.

They will try to resort to Hibs tactics or 11 men camped in the last 3rd of the park.

They will be more.worried about us.
They will not play like that. They are a very fluid and technically capable team.

What bearing does that have on anything? We were knocked out by Progres then the following year we navigated 4 qualifying rounds and got to the group stages

The previous season is irrelevant
Do I need to remind that we changed manager and almost an entire squad?

Plenty of chances for both sides. Until the first goal it was a video for how Not to shoot. I can see Kent and Alfie having a lot of joy next week.

We shouldn't underestimate them. Its a winnable tie for us, but I agree with the gaffer, they will go into the game as favourites. I'm really glad we're at home though and hopefully our pace will trouble them.

We shouldn't underestimate them. Its a winnable tie for us, but I agree with the gaffer, they will go into the game as favourites. I'm really glad we're at home though and hopefully our pace will trouble them.

They are not the Glalatasaray of old and this Rangers team have seen off much stronger opposition over the last couple seasons. Their away record in Europe the last few seasons has been nothing short of shocking. Worse than one win in the last 10 away games and their win was against Neftchi Baku. We’ll be bookies favourite.

Back