Game in hand really annoying

Im more worried about going to Tynecastle on sunday rather than a game in hand , dont want to be dropping anything and giving those bastards the upper hand again

If we win our next 3 games we will go top on Saturday 1st Feb as mentally challengeds don't play Hamilton ,away , till Sunday 2nd,
Pressure on them ?

This doesn't bother me yet, let's play like we don't have the game in hand it should be out of the teams heads until its pencilled in. If we can go top without that match played yet, we'll be laughing and they will absolutely brick it.

i'm not overly fussed - would be good to get to the top of the league with the game in hand.

However - I always thought the first postponed game had precedence. Therefore next week we should have played St Johnstone and our game v Ross County and there's v St Johnstone would still need to be arranged. Arranging the two games that night is purely for the mhanks benefit.

Whilst technically right what does my dinger in is when the media say that Celtic are leading in the league by two points but fail to mention our game in hand. Suits the agenda I guess.

It was the "game in hand" that scuppered Celtic's league a few years back. Lennon thought he had it in the bag as they had a midweek game against ICT to play toward the end of the season. However they got beat which let us slip in and take the trophy.

Have to avoid a similar fate and keep the concentration later sharp!

The Friday night game v Hibs should have been moved. Whilst I accept TV can move games it shouldn’t be to the detriment of the fixture list and the overall tournament.

I can't see us or them dropping any points in run up to next OF. Those games are going to decide the title as the rest of the teams are absolutely mince.

The Friday night game v Hibs should have been moved. Whilst I accept TV can move games it shouldn’t be to the detriment of the fixture list and the overall tournament.

Is it detrimental though? Stevie G might prefer chasing rather than leading at this stage. Also, we all looked at the December fixture list and thought it horrendous. We came through well but, in advance, we’d have been even more concerned to look at it and see yet another fixture squeezed in there.

in reality it doesn’t matter. We will play our 38 league games and finish with more points than anyone else - regardless of which order we play them in.

The game in hand is one thing the fact we play second every week is an absolute farce.

No where else would this happen.

We just sit back and take it though

We need to get the game in hand out of the way at earliest opportunity. Pile up of games late in season could hurt us.

Is it detrimental though? Stevie G might prefer chasing rather than leading at this stage. Also, we all looked at the December fixture list and thought it horrendous. We came through well but, in advance, we’d have been even more concerned to look at it and see yet another fixture squeezed in there.

in reality it doesn’t matter. We will play our 38 league games and finish with more points than anyone else - regardless of which order we play them in.

We will find out later in the season but if we go further in Europe then there are fixture issues ahead.

Back