Game management ie Old Firm games

tumsheeheed

I feel we’ve turned the corner as far as being a side that can win the league.I think it’ll come down to beating the rest and game management in OF games we don’t need to go all out for a win in any games against them,hit them on the break and shut up shop, for me a draw is a good result,obviously I want us to win the lot, just like to know what people think.

I feel we’ve turned the corner as far as being a side that can win the league.I think it’ll come down to beating the rest and game management in OF games we don’t need to go all out for a win in any games against them,hit them on the break and shut up shop, for me a draw is a good result,obviously I want us to win the lot, just like to know what people think.
Never, the one thing they cant handle is teams attacking them, we should go all out and never settle for a draw with the team they have at the moment.

I get the view point. Say the game runs to 70 mins at 0-0, they become desperate rather than us so we have less exposure.

However it will be 4-0 to us at half time so don't panic

After watching us wipe the floor with them at Parkhead, I’m amazed anyone would take a draw vs them at Ibrox.

Similar team, same attitude, same tactics - let’s go and get the win.

Is this not the tactics that saw SG lose his first OF game and, indeed, the first OF game of last season.

They are a poor team but with decent players who, if you sit off them and allow them to play, are capable of getting a result.

Put them under pressure as we have done and only a Fraser Foster LCF performance or a dodgy referee will stop us getting the points.

It would be madness to change what has worked perfectly in the past 2 games against them.

We're in their heads now, so I wouldn't be changing a thing.

We're a better team than them this season so there is no point over thinking it.

Old firm games have seldom been an issue under Gerrard.

Games v Killie/Aberdeen/Hibs have been a disaster.

Fortunately that’s something that seems to have been put right so far this season (at least regarding results against Aberdeen and Killie).

They aren't a good enough team for us to play that way. They aren't European quality , that's why teams such as Sparta, Ferencvaros etc give them hidings where as we'd horse them.

We can't invite pressure from them as it will naturally develop us dominating possession as we're frankly a better football team.

They often give the illusion of being all over teams but they move the ball in front of teams then just take pot shots from distance (Christie and McGregor the worst for it)

They want Lennon out as they can see they don't actually have any sort of game plan and are relying on individual moments to win them games

Go for the jugular! Sitting off them only plays into their hands. We’ve seen time and again that they buckle under a high press and quick tempo. More of the same please

You have to remember that even the "bad" Celtic teams still pose a massive challenge

Think back to the Jon Barnes era - even that team could have easily won what went on to be the title decider. There is a lot of hard work still to do.

You have to remember that even the "bad" Celtic teams still pose a massive challenge

Think back to the Jon Barnes era - even that team could have easily won what went on to be the title decider. There is a lot of hard work still to do.

Magnificent memory

Back