Game management was terrible

Some might think the game management may have been terrible, but for me it’s once again starting the wrong team.

We went there with a team thinking they were going to sit in and we would need a bit of guile around the box. Whereas they pushed up on us content in the knowledge, neither Roofe, Morelos or Hagi was winning a race against anyone in their defence.

Aribo and Hagi are getting run into the ground, they need a break. I also don’t think both them work in the same team when Kent is not there as Hagi doesn’t have the pace and Aribo the directness to get up and go by the forwards.

Quick glance, ay have miscounted

~11 games won by a single goal last year
Almost 1/3 of games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_Rangers_F.C._season#Scottish_Premiership

Not really 11/38 = 29.9%, This season 5/10 = 50%

last season we had 26/38 clean sheets 68.4%, this season 3 out of 10 , 30%

Setting out to defend a single goal lead is a risky strategy unless you have a defence and keeper to do it.

Last season we didnt look like a decent epl team. Slavia Prague, were easily brushed aside by arsenal, who were hardly setting the heather on fire down there.

I read this patter on here about bring on man utd or arsenal. Both would have dealt with us.

That league is way above anything we play.
We finished top of our group stage last season, above Benfica. Do you think EPL teams like Newcastle and Norwich are better than Benfica?

The bottom half of the EPL really isn’t very good.

PS - Slavia Prague also knocked out Leicester.

The one that gets me is the short pass out from a goal kick. I can just about understand it brings opposition further up the park to press. It's just so slow, laboured and invariably ends up back right where we started 30 seconds later with our defence being pressed. No variation, no plan just same shit time after time after time. When the opposition is right on top of the defence both McGregor and McLaughlin take forever to try and see if they can still do it and when it's clear they can't the opposition have had time to get set up for the long kick out.

The long throw is the product of no one, and I mean no one, making movement to get a bit of space for the throw in. We are supposed to have a fantastic coaching staff but right now it's the same turgid shite week after week with no variation. They need to come up with some answers or risk losing this league.
It was a poor game to be fair

Some might think the game management may have been terrible, but for me it’s once again starting the wrong team.

We went there with a team thinking they were going to sit in and we would need a bit of guile around the box. Whereas they pushed up on us content in the knowledge, neither Roofe, Morelos or Hagi was winning a race against anyone in their defence.

Aribo and Hagi are getting run into the ground, they need a break. I also don’t think both them work in the same team when Kent is not there as Hagi doesn’t have the pace and Aribo the directness to get up and go by the forwards.
Yep, for Hagi and Aribo positions should be swapped with Hagi in midfield and Aribo up top supporting the strikers

We finished top of our group stage last season, above Benfica. Do you think EPL teams like Newcastle and Norwich are better than Benfica?

The bottom half of the EPL really isn’t very good.

PS - Slavia Prague also knocked out Leicester.
I respect your opinion, personally I think we punched above our weight in the last couple of EL runs.

I take on board what you say about Leicester being knocked out by slavia, but they were chasing a cl place and had a far better season than arsenal, who did knock out benfica also.

Especially in the injury time they where down to 10 men and we continually gave away possession,the direct free kick 2 mins to still resulted in the having a last ditch corner when it should never have happened, delighted by the 3pts but it was nerve wracking when it needn’t have been rant over.
Week after week we’re completely dominant in terms of stats, 19 shots to 4 yesterday was again pretty typical. Yet we rarely go into last 10 mins with the game won, we’re still top of the league I know but some routine wins and a more ruthless streak would be nice.

Just listening to H&H there

DE said xG for St Mirren was 0.06.

My issue with xG is people give it far too much credence. It largely just tells you what you observed with your eyes.

However, for those who think we struggled to see this one out, this is some relatively objective evidence of what I felt, they never really looked like scoring.

Latest posts

Back