Game v the scum

exiled bluenose

I know im not alone in feeling this, but i want to work it right up them on the 29th so much that it hurts. The league and cup are all we have left now this season and a good win against them would let them know that we are in it for the long haul. I know we cant look ahead too much but id say the 29th will define our season and we need to do everything to make sure its not like the last few times we have gone up against them. Full of confidence and expecting to win , only to get a boot in the baws and having to watch those fannies lord it up. Every Rangers fan knows that if they had a chance to be on that pitch they would run themselves to death to make sure we beat them and it needs to be drilled into the players how much it hurts us in our everyday lives, work, family etc if we have a defeat rubbed in our faces. Having the Stadium to ourselves more or less means it should be rocking to its foundations and if our players arent spurred on and energized by us 50,000 screaming them on for 90 mins (we need to keep it up for the full 90, even if we go behind) then they should not be playing for The Rangers!

We badly need to get ourselves back into form. If this was our next fixture, they'd hammer us.

At our best, even close to it, we can do them.

Won’t matter if we slip further behind before it comes around.

The immediate form needs fixed. And fast. That Hibs double header is just as big.

THEN I totally agree, hope we pump them.

i think we need to press them , instead of sitting off and showing too much respect, especially in the first half

i see nothing in our performances that even suggest we can get close to the scum, i would take a draw right now, no points dropped and the Jan window to improve the squad

We need to win the games between now and then. Do that and beat that shower on the 29th we will push them the whole way with a couple of good signings in January. I think if we keep picking up points they will bottle it.

For me I’d rather beat them in the Scottish cup . Obviously the more the better but the league isn’t realistically winnable so if we only have one win against them this season , I want it to be in the Scottish cup , to hurt them the most . Ends their treble bid and would be a fantastic first trophy for Gerrard to get .

It's got nightmare written all over it for me at the moment, the sort of game where you're more annoyed at the lack of hunger to win from the players than the actual result. We really need to come up with a solution to this inability to create opportunities and fast.

The biggest fear for me is that they've beat us in the tunnel. It's role reversal when they looked across at Goram, Gough, Fergie, McCoist etc. At present they match us or better us in every position apart from Goalkeeper.

I don't think we have enough mental strength in our team to overcome them at the moment.

For me only McGregor and Candeias have what it takes upstairs to beat them.

Dreading the 29th.We could very easily be 8 or 9 behind going into that match and they will smell blood believe me.Any momentum the club had could very well be gone going into the new year I'm afraid

I think any kind of win is more than acceptable to start talking about hammering them is pure fantasy. The bottom line at the moment is they have a better team especially in midfield. My biggest worry is we stand off them and they beat us comfortably again despite our huge numerical advantage in support.

The biggest fear for me is that they've beat us in the tunnel. It's role reversal when they looked across at Goram, Gough, Fergie, McCoist etc. At present they match us or better us in every position apart from Goalkeeper.

I don't think we have enough mental strength in our team to overcome them at the moment.

i know what you mean there is a definite physiological element to what you say, they dont fear us in fact i think they laugh at us, f uck i hate that

A month ago I was hyped for playing them, now I have little faith we'll get a result.

I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love nothing more than to set a marker...but I can't see it now.

I think your point is correct, but
McGregor
Tavernier, Barisic, Arfield, Kent, Candieas and Morelos I think would all have a good chance of being in their first team.

We and the squad I think overrate them and underate us, no wonder considering past results, and the constant negativity from the media regarding our results and the constant worship of them.

They have key players that we need to match, but a team without McGregor, Forrest, and Rogic, and maybe Ntcham, gives me no fear whatsoever.
Stifle McGregor and Forrest, and stop rogic from shooting outside the box is a must to beat them.

Considering we have just lost at home to a dreadful Aberdeen side and drew with the bottom side who had 10 men, I would suggest playing the mhanks should be a horrendous prospect, they will annihilate us unless there is a remarkable change of fortune in the next fortnight.

Fear the worst with this game again. Only way that can change is wining the next 4 games comfortably but even tht is a million miles away. We’re just poor the now

i see nothing in our performances that even suggest we can get close to the scum, i would take a draw right now, no points dropped and the Jan window to improve the squad

This for me, get into January window in a status quo situation as we are just now I will be happy

yes lets state the bleeding obvious, whats the solution

The solution is confidence and form.
That's on Gerrard now, how to get a limited bunch playing at their best with a never say die attitude.
Maybe a single aim, the league will help, no distraction.

That will be tough against Hamilton and StJ who we may struggle to break down, if we dont, confidence will drop more and with it our form, however, hibs is a chance to play a team that will press and attack us, and if we win both hibs games, I'll be confident for them.

It's a big ask of Gerrard to get Jack, Coulibaly and Arfield to be full of confidence and on form for the 29th, because I think they are the players we have who we need to be confident and on form for them.
Tav and Candieas need to be at their best, when they are, they are a menace.
Barisic and Grezda need to form a great partnership quickly in the next couple of weeks.
Morelos needs to keep his head up and keep fighting for his chances in front of goal.

Oh and practicing set pieces and shots outside the box should be a priority.

How a manager achieves all that, I don't know, but I hope every game between now and then is hard, and a hard fought win. That will fill us with confidence

They'll batter us and 800 of their fans are going to take the piss out of us inside our own ground.

King will then get hammered in the press for the tickets thing afterwards saying his stunt backfired.

The Hibs double header, you just know the refs are going to f**k us over and dish out cards like confetti!

How would everyone play them? Attack? In the last game Stevie G sent out a terrified looking team to try and defend and maybe sneak a goal. It failed miserably and we were camped out in our own half for much of the game.
I fear if we attack we will get a doing, so it a bit of a connundrum as to how we play them. Nothing I've seen so far tells me that SG is going to outmanoeuvre rogers.
I'd rather we went out and gave it our best shot, rather than get beat, trying to get a 0-0

At the moment not looking forward to it we are playing terrible at the moment we need to win every game up till the 29th and go into the game within touching distance of them if we go into it in bad form 8 or 9 points behind they’ll pump us

Thanks i take it you have an outcome without a means to achieve it
To win the midfield battle, we have to ensure that every player wins their individual battle to prevent them from dominating. We need to be right in their faces.

Whether we can do that or not, I really don't know

The 29th is our biggest game of the season. A win and it will restore the much needed confidence we have, all of a sudden lost. It is a win, win situation. We have to beat them, anything less and I feel our season will peter out. Absolutely hate that thought, we have to be up for it, us, the management, but especially the players on the pitch that day.

The players have to gave us everything, starting with Hamilton, this Sunday.........

Back