Games last 90 minutes

I do try and avoid the match thread on here but it did have the feel of one of those games at half time, thankfully it didn't take long after the break to change that.

The match thread at half time was embarrassing. Completely predictable, but embarrassing none the less.

The word “crisis” was actually being thrown around.

Was at the game with my dad and he was freaking out a bit at ht . Said to him we’d been shite but this team knows how to win ! It’s great to have that confidence in the team again !

To be fair, the first half criticism was deserved regardless of the result. We need to put teams to the sword early, and it's not happened all season. Yeah the game last 90 minutes, and 4-0 is a great scoreline, but it's an area we can and must improve on to win the league.

dont think most posters were wrong about 1st half performance, some went over the top as usual, but we were poor, most just wanted us to do more in the second half

Match threads are always hysterical nonsense, but I do still think we lack a bit of extra quality to break down stubborn defensive walls like that.

There's always the chance teams like St. Johnstone will tire and make a mistake that will allow us to capitalise, but we are struggling to get in behind sides until that point.

You can only comment on what’s happening at the time. Unless they ban match threads until the games over with?

We were “45 mins away from the biggest crisis of the gaffers managerial career” apparently

We were “45 mins away from the biggest crisis of the gaffers managerial career” apparently
[/QUOTE

This is why I seldom post in the match thread till after full time

You would think by the way some of the hysterical posters react we had lost the match , lost the league and on the verge of firing SG , it's unreal some times

The reality is that we'd seen that first half movie so often last season. Also, that mob are better than us at getting the job done away from home in these type of matches. This will play a massive part in deciding the outcome of the League this season. Its delusion to think otherwise.

Just a reminder to all the panty wetters who at half time were going on as though we were 3 0 down.

Games are on for 90 minutes not 45.

Chill out a bit guys
I think it's a sense that we are capable this season and we are so desperate to win that it's affecting everyone.

On Thursday in the 2nd half there were so many around me shouting like maniacs... We went on to win and a clean sheet.

Today the 1st half was terrible but it produced that 2nd half and it was brilliant. Plenty of players took on the task to get us over the line, in particular the middle to front. Barisic and Tav too.

The term “panty wetter” needs banned here.

We have some absolute roasters on FF, but fans can’t be blamed for being nervous at us failing to break sides down. It tripped us up on too many occasions last year, and it will likely be the difference between us winning and losing the league this year.

There’s so much riding on this season.

That being said, the Celtic game is my only complaint from the season so far. Otherwise 10/10 from the management and players.

That isn't really the point, though. Honest criticism is fine. What isn't is the likes of, "Gerrard is 45 minutes away from a managerial crisis" and the like.

No sense of proportion.

Its football fans being emotional whilst watching their team play. Hardly a new thing or unique to us.

I dont why some posters on here make a big deal of it.

Its strangers on a forum making comments. Nobody else gives a shit and it makes no difference to how we play.

I'm looking forward to reading the match thread first half bangers.

I'll save it for tonight.
They always seem to lose the ability to type once things click and we start to play well. Funny that.

You're not allowed to discuss a half that was poor on here.

Even Ryan Jack said we were poor, slow and predictable with Steven Gerrard having words at half time.

2nd half was excellent.

Pop into the match threads at HT and FT only, just for a laugh. Otherwise they are absolutely fucking brutal. It's that negative greeting faced pain in the arse we all sit in front of/next to at Ibrox x 10.

That's exactly what I tend to do.

The rest of time I'm watching the game funnily enough.

I try to just take the odd glance at a match thread, the crap some people post really is embarrassing. I know it’s heat of the moment stuff and we all want our team to win but some of it really is cringeworthy

That isn't really the point, though. Honest criticism is fine. What isn't is the likes of, "Gerrard is 45 minutes away from a managerial crisis" and the like.

No sense of proportion.
It's also a forum where its not all Rangers supporters, you will get the same negativity on most

The term “panty wetter” needs banned here.

We have some absolute roasters on FF, but fans can’t be blamed for being nervous at us failing to break sides down. It tripped us up on too many occasions last year, and it will likely be the difference between us winning and losing the league this year.

There’s so much riding on this season.

That being said, the Celtic game is my only complaint from the season so far. Otherwise 10/10 from the management and players.
I think it sums them up perfectly. Guys ready to chuck the towel in after 5 or 6 games. They're like hysterical women.

Its football fans being emotional whilst watching their team play. Hardly a new thing or unique to us.

Its strangers on a forum making comments. Nobody else gives a shit and it makes no difference to how we play.

Nah, it's not (by and large) cos they don't seem to show the same 'emotion' when we score/are cruising.

I could predict who would be peddling their shite before our slow start.

It’s as if they want everyone to be super optimistic retards who think everything is perfect!

The collective hysteria when katic is not picked not just on here but on the Facebook version of FF is quite something.now that Worral has gone its Goldson who gets it in the neck

Second match thread in a week for me, it was just as bad last week when Livi took the lead, you'd have thought they had scored in the 90th minute the way some posters reacted, you can almost sense the disappointment some must feel when we go on to win these games.

The collective hysteria when katic is not picked not just on here but on the Facebook version of FF is quite something.now that Worral has gone its Goldson who gets it in the neck
Begin to wonder if there is a reason why Katic doesn’t get picked.

I.e off the park reason.

I said we'd win 2-0 at half time on the match thread so am considering myself in the Optimist Loyal, even if a superb cameo by JDefoe stopped me getting the score right. :D

What is missing from match threads, is actually updates. You know, the information of what’s actually happening, for Bears who cannot access pictures for whatever reason.
This. The BBC live updates are abominable and every 5 mins at absolute best. I've tried following the match via the Match Thread when on trains etc. but it's impossible unless you ask for updates.

Back