games that won the title

Obviously the game against them was key but for me the defining game was 3-1 against Motherwell...that's a game we would have likely lost in previous seasons and the damage to the players mindset could have been disastrous but we done what was required to keep the winning run going and keep all the pressure on them. Dealt with it like Champions do.

hibs away was the one for me. At that stage I think there was 15 points in it (might be wrong) and they were playing Hamilton that night at home. If we had lost and it was down to 12 points with around 10 games to go and 2 old firms I would have started to get nervous. As soon as that game was won that was it over

Obviously the game against them was key but for me the defining game was 3-1 against Motherwell...that's a game we would have likely lost in previous seasons and the damage to the players mindset could have been disastrous but we done what was required to keep the winning run going and keep all the pressure on them. Dealt with it like Champions do.
Motherwell for me also. For so long it looked like there was no way through. When I thought we would take a draw after equalizing, the players really stepped up and rattled in 2 more. Any questions about bottle were answered that day.

Without taking anything away from us, and I'm not talking about a turning point, but sunday 4-0 against dundee utd, followed by the ross county result was the day that even our most shall we say nervous fans, finally got the brandy and cigars out.

Beating them 2-0 at the piggery laid down a marker they couldn’t respond to. The Motherwell sent a message there would be no winter collapse this time round.

Said it yesterday, but that 2-1 at the Piggery last year is when the nucleus of this squad realised they were comfortably better than Celtic.

Genuinely feel this has been a long time coming, plenty of games from throughout Gerrards reign have lead us to winning the league

Saying winning 1-0 is a feature of our season as if we've slogged our way to the title :rolleyes: apart from the three they mentioned only five other league games finished 1-0.

Learning from the 0-0 Livi game and changing our approach was a defining factor too. The end of the Tippy Tappy no-risk possession game. We became far more direct after this. And let Davis pull the strings.

The Motherwell home game was the other Massive one. We could have blown the whole thing like previous years, if we hadn't pulled that out the bag.

If I have to pick 5 games it’s these:
Piggery- not just the victory but the manner of it.
Motherwell @ Ibrox following the St Mirren defeat
New Yr game - any belief they had disappeared
Pittodrie- Alfie coming back to goal scoring form and no drop off from derby victory
Easter Rd- the end of a massively busy and tough run of fixtures.

By the end of Jan almost everyone knew it was ours- just a case of ‘managing it’ till we got over the line.

That’s the game I was the most tense. They were a terrible side and it would have been a big blow to drop points at Ibrox to them.

Back