Games you dont remember being at - Rangers v Everton

hallyG

Not as a result of one too many sherrys , probably just old age:rolleyes:

Came across the late great Colin Jackson's testimonial programme today in the loft.
15th November 81 v Everton

Rangers: Stewart, McCloy, Jardine, Dawson, Russell, Jackson, Forsyth, Stevens, Cooper, McLean, McKay, Johnstone, Johnston, McAdam, Bett, Redford, MacPherson, McIntyre and Black.

Everton: Arnold, Stevens, Bailey, McMahon, Lyons, Higgins, Walsh, Ainscow, Biley, Ferguson, O'Keefe, McBride , Irvine and Sharp.

Normally have a good memory for matches that I have been at, but have no recollection of this one.

Quick Google tells me, we drew one all and won on penalties.:))

Derek Johnstone scored for us i think.

Attendance was 26000 or so but remember nothing else despite attending the game.

To many to not remember lol. Thread has reminded me though, remember going down to Liverpool for a friendly against Everton about 25 years ago. Can't remember fcuk all about it, including the result but was a cracking day out. I think the game was at night and we drove straight back up the road after it.

I temb

I remember going to a Liverpool game in the early eighties. Just before Christmas , a foot of snow on the ground , bloody freezing.
i think this was the game to open the newly built govan stand,(or north stand as it was then),dalglish and ronnie whelan scored

To many to not remember lol. Thread has reminded me though, remember going down to Liverpool for a friendly against Everton about 25 years ago. Can't remember fcuk all about it, including the result but was a cracking day out. I think the game was at night and we drove straight back up the road after it.
Lost 3-2 to Everton in a pre-season game in 1997.

Lost 3-2 to Everton in a pre-season game in 1997.
Wasnt that David Unswurth testimonial? That was a proper bevy session. Evertonians stil say we were one of the best away fans at their ground for singimg and atmosphere.
Shame their was carnage around the ground though.

Wasnt that David Unswurth testimonial? That was a proper bevy session. Evertonians stil say we were one of the best away fans at their ground for singimg and atmosphere.
Shame their was carnage around the ground though.

Dave Watson's testimonial.

David Unsworth(and Dave Watson) played for us at Highbury weeks earlier at Nigel Winterburn's testimonial.

What a trip that was.

Also lost 3-2 to them at Ibrox in 2003.
Aye. We wore the Red/White striped tops in 2003 iirc.

In 97 we were going for 10 in a row, had just signed the Italian players for millions and employed a new coach (TMN) to give us more continental set-up.Had defeated Ayr & Morton by 9-0 scorelines in the 2 previous games.
In 03 we were replacing Numan, Amoruso, Caniggia, McCann Ferguson etc with the likes of Capucho, Berg, Vanoli, Emerson & Ostenstad.
Not quite the same feeling.
What a difference a few years can make.

I'm too young for that one but after the Dave Watson testimonial we took the wrong road and ended up in Hull hahaha

I have zero recollection of Ray Wilkins playing against Rangers for hibs but im 99.99% certain i will have been at the game.

Was at the Everton game. Don’t remember it, I only know I went because I tried to never miss any Ranger’s testimonial.

I was at the game, if I remember correctly, Everton had their reserve keeper playing, and he was outstanding. Score was1-1, but I remember little else about it.

In the middle of nowhere in South Wales I bought a pennant of Jackson. Testimonial v Everton
I was at the game
one of my lads is now a toffee season ticket holder

I remember this game as we got to play on the pitch before the game. Under 11 it would have been. Full pitch, far too big for us.

Colin Jackson was on the front of the programme dressed like a Victorian era footballer with a big false handlebar moustache.

I remember that more than the game.

Far far far to many that I know I was there in body and vocal however either through drink or hype/anger of the match......in another world of ma own :D But sure having a great time.

1 rule is there should never ever be an excuse of 'I'm to hungover to make it'. You should always be there to be a disgrace or remember nothing but add to the atmosphere :D

Came across the late great Colin Jackson's testimonial programme today in the loft.

Rangers: Stewart, McCloy, Jardine, Dawson, Russell, Jackson, Forsyth, Stevens, Cooper, McLean, McKay, Johnstone, Johnston, McAdam, Bett, Redford, MacPherson, McIntyre and Black.

Everton: Arnold, Stevens, Bailey, McMahon, Lyons, Higgins, Walsh, Ainscow, Biley, Ferguson, O'Keefe, McBride , Irvine and Sharp.

Normally have a good memory for matches that I have been at, but have no recollection of this one.

Was there, remember nothing about it!

Sheep game up there. Didn’t get home from work till three and bus was leaving after six that and too much drink on bus. Remember being at pub don’t know how I got there and slept through first hour of game due to lack of sleep and early kick off. :)) We got beat that game even with frank and Ronald in the team

sheep game at Ibrox.mind being there but very little else .the day gazza got into a whammy over on the touch line. I was wondering in the pub after what they were all talking about :)) anyone recall what happened that day .

Dave Watson testimonial we got beat 3-2 , I think negri , & Laudrup scored for us .

I temb

I remember going to a Liverpool game in the early eighties. Just before Christmas , a foot of snow on the ground , bloody freezing.
I was at it we got beat 1-0 and sure Dalgliesh scores and it was the official opening of the redeveloped stadium, they kicked 100 balls into the crowd before KO and I got one!

There were a few testimonials around that time I went to Forsyth, Jardine and Jackson all within a couple of seasons and I was at all of them, I was in the newly opened Govan for the Jardine one and I’m sure it was one of the first games it was open!

I'm sure the Liverpool game was too open one of the new stands think it was Govan Stand.
I think you are correct.
We certainly played Liverpool in the 80s for the opening of new stand(s).
I say played, Liverpool put on an exhibition of football and beat us 2.0

I remember the score but that's it, I've been told it was a cracking day :))

Nineteen players against fourteen and we could only draw!

Back