Gareth Bale close to leaving Madrid

Tin hat on, but I've never been a fan. Without his pace, he'd be average.
That overhead kick in the champions league final was totally average..... No technique or skill at all.. And leading Wales nearly single handed to a major finals was rubbish for Wales as well... Bang average.. If has wages were 120k per week instead of 450k then there would be 10-12 clubs across Europe tripping over themself's to sign him up..

Spurs could make a real statement of intent by taking him back. I think he’d be a better fit there than at Man U.

I was reading that Madrid still want to get a fee for Bale. They should cut their losses and allow him to go on a free.

Chinese team apparently offered him £1m a week to join them Gareth Bale has been offered an outrageous £1million-a-week deal in the Chinese Super League.beijing Guoan

This is getting really peculiar

If they don't want him - & surely that's obvious - then why would they be so negative about him when they need a prospective buyer ?

If the truth be told Zidane - wonderful player that he was & decent record as a manager since - the fact is he always was a weirdo - & while Bale has shown similar weird qualities when it comes to paying respect to the club that pays his obscene wages - why the board at RM have allowed this situation to develop is beyond my understanding

I believe club & player are quite frankly showing childish, petty & ultimately destructive tendencies which will benefit neither of them -

What a pathetic waste of talent, future potential career & club success because of nothing more than poor man management

Would you walk away from all that money? Would you fcuk

They gave him the contract not the other way around

Of course I would take the money but from a footballing perspective it just sucks that he will go there. Losing a good player to a nothing league is crappy as a fan of good footballers

Why should he go anywhere else for hundreds of thousands less per week just because Real, having given him the contract, now want rid? It's their fault.

Of course I would take the money but from a footballing perspective it just sucks that he will go there. Losing a good player to a nothing league is crappy as a fan of good footballers

Stick around like Beckham, you have a contract so train hard and over the course of a season you will get the chance to prove them wrong. Everything else is a step backwards, he will always be Wales talisman and Captain whether he plays or not. Christ Hutton was Scotland's best player when he never kicked a ball

Seen someone post that Bale is known for his pure athleticism and a dynamite shot.

Judging by his injuries the former has maybe went, along with his motivation.

His last 2 seasons at Spurs - unplayable.

I don’t think either have covered themselves in glory. One thing I will say is you can tell who’s only watched him for Madrid in a few CL games and who has seen him during their league campaigns.

Madrid fans are notorious for being nasty spoiled bastards but there is a reason they targeted him a few times

His wages will put alot of teams off although presents better value than the likes of Ozil or Sanchez

Think I just heard Alan Brazil say he would be on £1million a week. I say ‘think he said that’ because Alan was spluttering through a mouthful of bacon roll.

Think I just heard Alan Brazil say he would be on £1million a week. I say ‘think he said that’ because Alan was spluttering through a mouthful of bacon

Heard that as well, wasn't that what the Chinese team would be offering

Also Lipton, the newspaper review guy they have on, said that under FIFA rules, if he doesn't play between two windows, is fit and makes himself available for selection and still isn't selected he is entitled to leave on a free with a majority of his remaining contract paid up. Never heard of that ruling but he seemed pretty sure on it - he also writes for the Sun

I don’t think either have covered themselves in glory. One thing I will say is you can tell who’s only watched him for Madrid in a few CL games and who has seen him during their league campaigns.

Madrid fans are notorious for being nasty spoiled bastards but there is a reason they targeted him a few times

Bale comes across as a bit of an idiot with a shite attitude, but Real Madrid and their fans have always been cunts. Look at the way they treated Casillas after about 20 years of service. No big send off, basically a shitey wee press conference.

I don't think Bale has done anything wrong in his relationship with Real Madrid.
The money is nuts but he would have been nuts to say no thanks to it.

Real Madrid are a great club but their relationship with the Fascist State under Franco always left a bitter taste in my mouth and that is why Barcelona who celebrated the rebellious actions of the Rangers support in 1972 against the thugs of that Fascist State, are a more natural ally to a support whose democratic credentials are firmly moored in the Presbyterian religion that has been an intellectual catalyst for much of the freedoms enjoyed throughout the developed world.

I hope the bold Gareth screws every last Euro out of them.

Last edited:
China is a waste of his talent

Bale isn't hungry enough and I think he has lost that explosive edge he once had. Just look at Ronaldo and Messi when they went through some rough patches a few seasons back they both bounced back what has Bale other than that Champions League cameo done of late. He's done very little but effectively announced he's happy to play Golf and shit and collect his money now would the world's best do that would they %^*& ?

I honestly can't stand Bale his change of character and self entitlement over the last few years has been shocking.

He's currently on £600,000 a week. Read on Apple news article by the Sun that he's been offered £1,000,000 a week from some Chinese club

Bale has an unoronically far superior record at Madrid than Zidane, and in a similar amount of games too.

Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid:

>Games: 227
>Goals: 49
>Assists: 66
>Trophies: 6

Gareth Bale at Real Madrid:

>Games: 231
>Goals: 102
>Assists: 65
>Trophies: 13

If ever you needed proof that stats don’t tell the whole story and can be very misleading.

People's interpretation of stats may be incorrect but they ultimately are what they are.

Bale has a better scoring and assist record in a similar number of games and won more trophies. What people take from that fact is up to them.

Yeah but obviously you’re suggesting something there. Kris Boyd scored more goals and won more trophies with Rangers than Dado Prso.

Yeah but obviously you’re suggesting something there. Kris Boyd scored more goals and won more trophies with Rangers than Dado Prso.

I suggested that he has a better goal and assist record in a similar number of games at Madrid, yup. On those metrics he is better than Zidane. In reality Zidane is/was a far 'better' player (it'd be hard to argue otherwise) but Bale has certainly done well where he is.

Bale has an unoronically far superior record at Madrid than Zidane, and in a similar amount of games too.

Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid:

>Games: 227
>Goals: 49
>Assists: 66
>Trophies: 6

Gareth Bale at Real Madrid:

>Games: 231
>Goals: 102
>Assists: 65
>Trophies: 13

Bales a forward and Zidane was a midfielder, one of the finest ever.

Bales a forward and Zidane was a midfielder, one of the finest ever.

Very true. You could probably rip those stats apart pretty easily looking at opposition level, % of possible games played, etc., but they are still pretty stark. I just think it is a great way to rebuke 'Bale hasn't done it at Madrid' chat.

Very true. You could probably rip those stats apart pretty easily looking at opposition level, % of possible games played, etc., but they are still pretty stark. I just think it is a great way to rebuke 'Bale hasn't done it at Madrid' chat.

Anyone who claims that probably isn't worth debating with tbh.

Bale is a very talented footballer, that isn't up for question really. He's had a good career with Real Madrid and been rerwarded really well by them for his services. That they now see him as surplus to requirements after a pretty poor season by their own high standards, doesn't actually seem that "shabby" a way to treat him. If he's going to China for the money rather than go to any of a number of high profile European clubs (including EPL) that might want him and will pay him handsomely, albeit slightly less hansomely than he's on a the minute or than he might get in China then that's his decision but career wise it ain't the way to go IMHO.

I don't think Bale has done anything wrong in his relationship with Real Madrid.
The money is nuts but he would have been nuts to say no thanks to it.

Real Madrid are a great club but their relationship with the Fascist State under Franco always left a bitter taste in my mouth and that is why Barcelona who celebrated the rebellious actions of the Rangers support in 1972 against the thugs of that Fascist State, are a more natural ally to a support whose democratic credentials are firmly moored in the Presbyterian religion that has been an intellectual catalyst for much of the freedoms enjoyed throughout the developed world.

I hope the bold Gareth screws every last Euro out of them.

Someone will be along to tell you that Barca are the poets of Spain in a minute...

Can't believe people are actually comparing the stats of Bale (an attacker) to Zidane (a midfielder). Bonkers really.

I suggested that he has a better goal and assist record in a similar number of games at Madrid, yup. On those metrics he is better than Zidane. In reality Zidane is/was a far 'better' player (it'd be hard to argue otherwise) but Bale has certainly done well where he is.

In the CL he certainly has. But he was rightly one of the biggest targets after some of Madrid’s tame title surrenders. He cost an arm and a leg and had periods where he looked terrified and essentially hid. I’m not saying the level of venom aimed at him from Madrid’s cùnty support is justified or anything, just pointed out why he was certainly worthy of criticism.

£1m a week to China. That's gotta be tempting:))

It’s one of those ones that brings up the question how much money do you need?

Bales probably got another few years at the top level. Do you want to spend that in a backwater at the other side of the world or playing for a top European club? He’s already made more money than he’ll ever need.

I’d like to see Bale back in the EPL. He’s a top top player.

That overhead kick in the champions league final was totally average..... No technique or skill at all..
You obviously have never played or indeed tried it, to claim there wasn't any skill or technique is stupid and maybe video yourself doing what Bale done and post it.

Back