Gareth Bale to return to Spurs?

Frank Burnside

Spurs could sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, De Bruyne & summon the ghost of Stanley Matthews to play alongside Bale, but if Mourinho is still in charge with his out of date defensive football, they’ll still be crap.

Glasgowsteve

Half a million a week and on the golf coarse every day. Aye they really treat him like shite.
Only way gets a move is taking a pay cut and he's not up for that.
He was due to go to China but Real blocked it at the last minute.
I know there is a big difference between ~£600k PW and £250k+ PW but the chance to be back playing and no doubt a chunk of any transfer would probably soften the blow. He does look like a guy that wants to leave and Zidane clearly doesn’t like him and the fans have never taken to him.
Spurs would make sense. Man U and Man City could easily pay wages closer to what he’s grown used to and he’d certainly do well with either team. Would Liverpool fancy him? He’d improve a lot of teams in the PL but I can’t see him going to Arsenal. Chelsea are maybe the one team that don’t don’t need him, although I always thought he’d end up there.
Other teams would take him but it would be a significant wage cut even with add ons.

CaptainCourageous

Bale said himself the other day that he's still only 31 and as hungry as ever to play regular first team football.

He's still a cracking player and Tottenham would probably a good move for him given his affiliation with the club.

Sergio Reguilon would be a good signing too.

IbroxForever

I bet nothing comes of this, so many in the media trying to look like they know whats going on.

Imo it would be a bad move for spurs, Bale is nowhere near the level he used to be.

IbroxForever

Media saying this is all agreecd now, Spurs are going nowhere with jose in charge. The longer they pretend he is still a top manager the longer it will take them to recover. Spurs with the new stadium and out of date manager are a mirror image of Arsenal.

Woodrow Call

He was due to go to China but Real blocked it at the last minute.
I know there is a big difference between ~£600k PW and £250k+ PW but the chance to be back playing and no doubt a chunk of any transfer would probably soften the blow. He does look like a guy that wants to leave and Zidane clearly doesn’t like him and the fans have never taken to him.
Spurs would make sense. Man U and Man City could easily pay wages closer to what he’s grown used to and he’d certainly do well with either team. Would Liverpool fancy him? He’d improve a lot of teams in the PL but I can’t see him going to Arsenal. Chelsea are maybe the one team that don’t don’t need him, although I always thought he’d end up there.
Other teams would take him but it would be a significant wage cut even with add ons.
I just get the impression he does not give a phuck about football. He's got all the medals he needs and Madrids mild winter gives more opportunity to get the handicap down than the pissing wet cold of a Manchester winter.

change consent