Gareth Bale to return to Spurs?

Rich football player gets paid a huge new wedge.

Saying that, he seems like a decent bloke.

Spurs could sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, De Bruyne & summon the ghost of Stanley Matthews to play alongside Bale, but if Mourinho is still in charge with his out of date defensive football, they’ll still be crap.

Spurs could sign Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, De Bruyne & summon the ghost of Stanley Matthews to play alongside Bale, but if Mourinho is still in charge with his out of date defensive football, they’ll still be crap.
In a nutshell mate.

Bang on mate ( aside that a had no idea DI Burnside first name was frank)

Half a million a week and on the golf coarse every day. Aye they really treat him like shite.
Only way gets a move is taking a pay cut and he's not up for that.
He was due to go to China but Real blocked it at the last minute.
I know there is a big difference between ~£600k PW and £250k+ PW but the chance to be back playing and no doubt a chunk of any transfer would probably soften the blow. He does look like a guy that wants to leave and Zidane clearly doesn’t like him and the fans have never taken to him.
Spurs would make sense. Man U and Man City could easily pay wages closer to what he’s grown used to and he’d certainly do well with either team. Would Liverpool fancy him? He’d improve a lot of teams in the PL but I can’t see him going to Arsenal. Chelsea are maybe the one team that don’t don’t need him, although I always thought he’d end up there.
Other teams would take him but it would be a significant wage cut even with add ons.

Bale said himself the other day that he's still only 31 and as hungry as ever to play regular first team football.

He's still a cracking player and Tottenham would probably a good move for him given his affiliation with the club.

Sergio Reguilon would be a good signing too.

I bet nothing comes of this, so many in the media trying to look like they know whats going on.

Imo it would be a bad move for spurs, Bale is nowhere near the level he used to be.

Media saying this is all agreecd now, Spurs are going nowhere with jose in charge. The longer they pretend he is still a top manager the longer it will take them to recover. Spurs with the new stadium and out of date manager are a mirror image of Arsenal.

I bet nothing comes of this, so many in the media trying to look like they know whats going on.

Imo it would be a bad move for spurs, Bale is nowhere near the level he used to be.

His agent has said they are all trying to make it happen.

He was due to go to China but Real blocked it at the last minute.
I know there is a big difference between ~£600k PW and £250k+ PW but the chance to be back playing and no doubt a chunk of any transfer would probably soften the blow. He does look like a guy that wants to leave and Zidane clearly doesn’t like him and the fans have never taken to him.
Spurs would make sense. Man U and Man City could easily pay wages closer to what he’s grown used to and he’d certainly do well with either team. Would Liverpool fancy him? He’d improve a lot of teams in the PL but I can’t see him going to Arsenal. Chelsea are maybe the one team that don’t don’t need him, although I always thought he’d end up there.
Other teams would take him but it would be a significant wage cut even with add ons.

I just get the impression he does not give a phuck about football. He's got all the medals he needs and Madrids mild winter gives more opportunity to get the handicap down than the pissing wet cold of a Manchester winter.

I just get the impression he does not give a phuck about football. He's got all the medals he needs and Madrids mild winter gives more opportunity to get the handicap down than the pissing wet cold of a Manchester winter.
I would agree with that, I think. He doesn’t look to care much about kicking a ball anymore but, in all fairness to him, that might be because of the way that Zidane and the fans have been with him and a move could get him going again.

Im surprised at Levy shelling out big money on him though, it’s a risk when Kane has bought into the club ethos and wage structure etc and could probably double his take elsewhere and you just let Erikson go because you didn’t want to break your wage structure.

I suppose the top half of the EPL is a bit of a financial arms race nowadays though and he’s perhaps realised that he needs to loosen the purse strings a bit to keep up. It’ll be interesting right enough as Spurs definitely need something, you can see they’re crying out for just any sort of change or inspiration.

The guy is a complete moron. Getting paid ridiculous amounts but showing no professionalism. Should have been sacked on the spot after that horrendous banner

Few tweets saying Bale left the Real training camp this morning and is more likely to sign for Spurs than not.

If Spurs get Bale and the Madrid left back, Levy has done well and taking excuses away from Mourinho as to why Spurs are shite.

If Spurs get Bale and the Madrid left back, Levy has done well and taking excuses away from Mourinho as to why Spurs are shite.

A front 3 of Son, Kane & Bale with perhaps Lo Celso in behind is very good on paper. 2 attacking wing backs in the new left back & Doherty, so I agree that there's plenty of scope within that squad to play exciting, attacking football. Let's see if Mourinho can manage to get that out of them.

Back