Gareth Bale

It was Zidane who recrecommened him. to the Madrid board. Anchalotti didnt want him . Ronaldo and the players called him "The Golfer" Apparently never even tried to learn the language thats a big no no in spain

Indeed, a strange guy, acting strangely.

It seems to have been clear for quite some time that he's not a great fit for Real, yet he has done nothing to turn that around.

The press in Spain see him as an easy target and he does nothing about that either.

He's a 30 year old multi millionaire footballer who has managed his career badly in footballing terms and unless he takes a massive wage cut, he may as well hang up his boots.

I wouldn't say he's managed his career badly.

He's got the medals to prove otherwise and the bank balance too. He's done very well indeed, probably one of the best records of any British footballer ever.

And he's only 30 - he's got at least 2-3 years left still playing at the top level.

There will be no shortage of English teams queuing to pay him in excess of 200k a week, guaranteed.

Perhaps he just likes taking it easy. A player of his ability should be playing every matchday.
He's got his medals though.

I wouldn't say he's managed his career badly.

He's got the medals to prove otherwise and the bank balance too. He's done very well indeed, probably one of the best records of any British footballer ever.

And he's only 30 - he's got at least 2-3 years left still playing at the top level.

There will be no shortage of English teams queuing to pay him in excess of 200k a week, guaranteed.
Won nothing in England and a bit part player with one of the best club sides in recent history?

Sadly not been linked in a text from my mate. Didn't play in Madrid's final game and headed straight down the tunnel at FT.

Zidane said ‘Even if I had a fourth substitute I would not have brought him on' re Bale to which Bale reportedly responded in the media "I've got three years contract left. If they want me to go they'll have to pay me €17m a year. Otherwise I'll stay. Doesn't matter if I don't play, I'll just play golf".
Almost as good as the comment reputedly by Scot Symon (I think) to Sir Awex when he stormed into the managers office to demand to know why he was in the second team for the coming weekend - the reply, “because I don’t have a third team son” :))

Won nothing in England and a bit part player with one of the best club sides in recent history?

I think calling him a bit part player is a bit unfair. He scored in 2 European Cup finals and scored an outrageous winner in the Copa Del Ray final against Barca.

You could say that or you could say he's won more European Cup medals than any other British player in history (along with Phil Neal). I think he's done well. Next move is big for him though, be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Bale coming across as an absolute fanny:

Spanish outlet AS have reported that the 29-year-old discussed the pressures placed upon professional footballers in an upcoming BT Sports Films documentary called State of Play.

“As a professional athlete, particularly in a team environment, you can’t choose your own timetable like in golf or tennis," said the Welshman.

"It’s like we’re basically just robots. We’re told where to be, when to be there, what time we have to eat, what time we have to report for the coach.

It’s as though you lose your freedom in a way. You can’t decide what you want to do and when you want to do it."

Bale coming across as an absolute fanny:

Spanish outlet AS have reported that the 29-year-old discussed the pressures placed upon professional footballers in an upcoming BT Sports Films documentary called State of Play.

“As a professional athlete, particularly in a team environment, you can’t choose your own timetable like in golf or tennis," said the Welshman.

"It’s like we’re basically just robots. We’re told where to be, when to be there, what time we have to eat, what time we have to report for the coach.

It’s as though you lose your freedom in a way. You can’t decide what you want to do and when you want to do it."

would falling down the stairs and breaking his leg in such a way that excluded him from team sports be a bad thing for Bale ??? give him plenty time to play Golf ( be shit only playing against the course ) or tennis ( be shit when theres no one to hit the ball back ) seeing as he uses golf and tennis as examples of being free

Back