Gareth McAuley blasts Celtic's 'tainted and hollow' title

He’s not wrong in anything he says there particularly about Lennon’s comments, Celtic knowing their achievement is tainted somewhat and Hearts/Leicester parallel.

The big Larne man hasn't missed there. Excellent words Gareth. Now sit back and watch the mentally challengeds lose their tiny, poisonous minds over it.

Nice

“Yet, the Celtic sides of the last nine years, while successful, will be remembered for winning titles when Rangers weren’t in the league and then being handed the title.
Not even 8 as we all know, many 'titles' with asterix's and the award they voted themselves at least a double asterix !

Someone speaking the truth and saying what we’re all thinking. Well done for having the balls to say it in the media as well.

The vermin are spewing. Big Gareth’s a bigot, dragged up in a loyalist slum, according to some.

big man tells the truth.
I’ve had many an argument myself with mentally challengeds, their side will never, EVER be revered in the same way as previous sides in their history. Their scum thug rat captain will never EVER be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of McNeil etc.
A scum club, scum history, scum fans. All cut from the same manky disgusting cloth.

Fucking Rhats

They know deep down behind all of the bravado that this "achievement" is savagely shite.

Celebrating a title given to them 3 quarters of the way through a season when so many people are taking their final breaths and celebrating winning leagues when your main competition is bloody Motherwell and Aberfųckingdoom.

Enjoy your forever tainted asterisk 8.75 you smelly paedo harbouring, terrorist sympathising sub human cųnts.

The Northern Irishman said: “I actually feel sorry for the Celtic players. They didn’t win the title on the pitch, they were handed it.

“They have officially been crowned champions, their ninth success in a row, but this triumph will always be tainted and hollow.

“All their hard work, dedication and gutsy performances when they grinded out results will be forgotten. In the record books there will always be an asterisk beside this season’s Championship

“I know Neil Lennon was on television saying that this title win was the greatest one under his management, but that was all for show and to wind up the Rangers fans watching at home.

“Deep down it will rankle him that his team weren’t able to secure the title on the pitch.

“Of course, it wasn’t their fault. The Covid-19 pandemic sadly intervened.

“But, as a result, history will not look too kindly on this Celtic nine-in-a-row team and that will hurt the current crop of players.

“They’ll never be revered in the same light as the great Celtic sides that won nine-in-a row between 1966 and 1974, or the Rangers teams between 1989 and 1997.

“Those players are Old Firm royalty. They won Championships after titanic and terrific battles against top sides.

“Yet, the Celtic sides of the last nine years, while successful, will be remembered for winning titles when Rangers weren’t in the league and then being handed the title.

“That must be so frustrating for players who thrive on competition. I say this as a former professional footballer and a competitor, not as a former Rangers player.

“I would feel exactly the same way if it were the blue half of Glasgow in this position.

“I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating because, as a professional sportsperson, you crave competition, the thrill of the win after a hard-fought battle and knowing you have given everything possible to beat your opponent on a level playing field.

“Scott Brown is a great player in Scottish football and I know he would love to be regarded in the same way as the nine-in-a row Celtic players of the past, but that’s not going to happen.

“He’ll be held in high esteem, but not on the same level as a Bobby Lennox or Stevie Chalmers.

“If a season cannot be finished on the pitch, then for the integrity of the league, it should be voided.”

Speaking in the Sunday Life newspaper, McAuley also took a bat to the SPFL over their treatment of Hearts and continued: “There were 24 points left to play for. I’m convinced they would have come on strong in the closing stages and avoided the trap door.

“If we take the SPFL’s logic, Leicester City would never have won the Premier League.

“A year before they were crowned champions, Leicester were bottom of the league and in serious danger of going down. But they rallied hard in the remaining weeks of the season and avoided the drop. The next year they were champions.

“But if a pandemic had struck in 2015, going by Scottish rules, Leicester would have been relegated and there would have been no Championship the following year.

“Championship success, relegation and promotion cannot be decided in a boardroom. Otherwise you are questioning sporting integrity and it is horrible.

“Hearts should not have to go to court over a football decision. It’s a shambles and really sums up Scottish football recently. The washing of dirty linen in public was particularly unedifying.

“The biggest problem I can see is that important decisions are being made by people who have never really been involved in the game from a playing point of view.”
Quite the article that. :))

Not a single word of that can be faulted. He said exactly what everyone knows deep down. It will forever be viewed for what it is, i.e. a tarnished and tainted 'title'.
Maybe ground, instead of 'grinded'. Not that the mhanks will notice or we care lol

Big man is spot on though.

Just seen already posted Please delete .

The former Northern Ireland international insists there's no way the current squad can be looked upon like the original Nine In A Row winners or Rangers' version in the 1990s.

Former Rangers star Gareth McAuley has launched a staggering attack on Celtic’s Nine in a Row heroes.
The ex-Ibrox defender says he feels sorry for the champions because their triumph is “tainted and hollow” and claimed boss Neil Lennon has only celebrated the feat to wind people up.
McAuley also insisted the current Celtic stars cannot be compared to the two previous squads at Parkhead and Ibrox who reached their respective landmarks in 1974 and 1997.
The Northern Irishman said: “I actually feel sorry for the Celtic players. They didn’t win the title on the pitch, they were handed it.
“They have officially been crowned champions, their ninth success in a row, but this triumph will always be tainted and hollow.
“All their hard work, dedication and gutsy performances when they grinded out results will be forgotten. In the record books there will always be an asterisk beside this season’s Championship.

“I know Neil Lennon was on television saying that this title win was the greatest one under his management, but that was all for show and to wind up the Rangers fans watching at home.

“Deep down it will rankle him that his team weren’t able to secure the title on the pitch.
“Of course, it wasn’t their fault. The Covid-19 pandemic sadly intervened.
“But, as a result, history will not look too kindly on this Celtic nine-in-a-row team and that will hurt the current crop of players.
“They’ll never be revered in the same light as the great Celtic sides that won nine-in-a row between 1966 and 1974, or the Rangers teams between 1989 and 1997.
“Those players are Old Firm royalty. They won Championships after titanic and terrific battles against top sides.
“That must be so frustrating for players who thrive on competition. I say this as a former professional footballer and a competitor, not as a former Rangers player.
“I would feel exactly the same way if it were the blue half of Glasgow in this position.
“I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating because, as a professional sportsperson, you crave competition, the thrill of the win after a hard-fought battle and knowing you have given everything possible to beat your opponent on a level playing field.

“Scott Brown is a great player in Scottish football and I know he would love to be regarded in the same way as the nine-in-a row Celtic players of the past, but that’s not going to happen.
“He’ll be held in high esteem, but not on the same level as a Bobby Lennox or Stevie Chalmers.
“If a season cannot be finished on the pitch, then for the integrity of the league, it should be voided.”
Speaking in the Sunday Life newspaper, McAuley also took a bat to the SPFL over their treatment of Hearts and continued: “There were 24 points left to play for. I’m convinced they would have come on strong in the closing stages and avoided the trap door.
“If we take the SPFL’s logic, Leicester City would never have won the Premier League.
“A year before they were crowned champions, Leicester were bottom of the league and in serious danger of going down. But they rallied hard in the remaining weeks of the season and avoided the drop. The next year they were champions.
“But if a pandemic had struck in 2015, going by Scottish rules, Leicester would have been relegated and there would have been no Championship the following year.

“Championship success, relegation and promotion cannot be decided in a boardroom. Otherwise you are questioning sporting integrity and it is horrible.
“Hearts should not have to go to court over a football decision. It’s a shambles and really sums up Scottish football recently. The washing of dirty linen in public was particularly unedifying.
“The biggest problem I can see is that important decisions are being made by people who have never really been involved in the game from a playing point of view.”
A breath of fresh air Aaaaaa

Caught a bit on Sky Sports with the Celtic players collecting the trophy on their doorstep, genuinely thought wtf!!! I actually for a split second felt embarrassed for them then I thought nah these people believe they have won this!!! Mental stuff

Imagine a world where the spfl rules were broken completely to allow an NHS team called The Captain Tom's to enter the league and be crowned champions having never played a game?

Mental isn't it? But not many sane folk would say no to that. Meanwhile, back in the real world.... That is a whole new type of madness

He is saying what most of us would say if we had his status and opportunity to put our words into the national press.

Nice one Gar and so true.
They’ll not let that go, I’ll have a couple of quid on it being hartsons turn to come out and fire back.

does anyone remember the NIAR VHS from 1997 when the start of it is a guy and his son with the kid asking "dad, tell me about 9 In A Row" then Sash's Encore Une Fois plays over clips of the season

what the hell is their DVD going to be like? Rod Stewart singing about how he pishes himself and the "tell me about nine in a row" cutting to a Youtube video of somebody quarantining an e-mail? :D

Why is no one at the club saying this? It’s really disappointing the dossier appears to be nothing but hot air. I felt sure we’d take some action, not just accept it without comment when the SPFL finally gave them the title.

He's 100% on to it.
Rushed through by the SPFL exec. to gift a title and all the monies by a seemingly coerced dodgy vote .
It will be another stain on their history, the title is labelled as corrupt by many honest people.
Drain the swamp it's reeking.

Players from that disgusting club are posing for pictures with a tainted trophy while the bodies are still piling up during a pandemic. Shameless vermin.

Surprised more hasn’t been made of that to be honest. It’s one thing to be gift wrapped a tainted title, but to having people zooming about with the trophy so some of their scum players can get photos all smiles on celebratory mood is in such bad taste it’s actually boak inducing.

ac6d6e7eec6cb453-600x338.gif

I love that he is calling out the Lurgan bigot's obvious trolling - nobody seemed to question that in Scotland, strange that. :cool:

Seems like he could be a good media man for us operating outwith Scotland moving forward and not afraid to call the big incidents.

The vermin are spewing. Big Gareth’s a bigot, dragged up in a loyalist slum, according to some.

big man tells the truth.
I’ve had many an argument myself with mentally challengeds, their side will never, EVER be revered in the same way as previous sides in their history. Their scum thug rat captain will never EVER be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of McNeil etc.
A scum club, scum history, scum fans. All cut from the same manky disgusting cloth.

Fucking Rhats

The leggo muncher has had the easiest time of any celtic captain in that clubs history in being awarded medals. He must know this inside and his family (who apparently are all blue) will wind him up about it for ever and a day!

Still can’t believe they paid for advertising space to celebrate “winning” the league

Lennon won’t be able to resist biting.

So I’ll look forward to Gareth’s response to that.

Back